Chapter 1

Lee Sungjong, My Best Friend And My Only Love

MYUNGSOO'S P.O.V

Primary School

      "Myungsoo-ah! Myunggie!" I heard a sweet voice calling me as the figure ran to me while I was reading a book. The figure was none other than Lee Sungjong. My bestfriend. My one true love. "Myung, you got to come and help me! Songsaenim put my lunchbox on the third shelf and I can't reach it. I cannot go home without my lunchbox. Help me, MyungMyung okay?" He asked me as he looking at me with puppy eyes. I giggled and restrained myself from pinching his cheeks. "Aigoo, our Sungjongie is so cute. Of course I will help you! I am your super-bestfriend, aren't I? I aked as I puffed out my chest. He nodded cutely before putting two thumbs up in front of me. "Of course you are, MyungMyung. You are jjang! Now help me, neh?" he said while pulling me. I walked to the shelf and pulled it out for him easily. "Here you go Jongie!" I exclaimed as I stared at him while prided myself for being tall. "Thanks, Myungie! You are the bestest friend ever!" He said as he gave me a light peck on the cheeks before running away. I felt myself heat up as I touched my cheeks but self-pity soon kicked in. Songjong-ah, please don't kiss me if you only think of me as a bestfriend...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MYUNGSOO'S P.O.V

Middle School

    "MyungMyung!" The sweet voice that got my heart been a thousand time a minute called. "Neh, Jongie?"I asked as I saw him run towards me. "I need help, Myung. I can't reach that book on the shelf," he pointed to a book that stood on the third shelf and looked at me "I need you to get it for me because I reeeaalllly want to read it. So being my bestest friend in the world, would you get that for me?" he asked as he looked at me wth puppy eyes. I chuckled as I pinch his cheeks. I walked over to the shelf as i took the book and handed it to him. "Here you go, Jongie" I said. "Komawo, MyungMyung! You are the bestest friend I could ever have!" he said as he came up to me and hug me, than run away. i felt my heart still beating faster. Sungjong-ah why do keep making me feel this way when you don't feel the same?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MYUNGSOO'S P.O.V

High School

    "Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Myungie!' A voice that got my heart still beating fast after all those years called. I turned around to face the now more cute and feminine-looking Sungjong. "Neh, Sungjongiee?" I asked as he reached me and carried that book I had in my hand, his school bag slinging over one shoulder. "Myung, do you have somewhere to go now since school is over for today?" he asked as he put one hand on my schoulder while one hand was carrying my books. "No." I answered. "Wae?" He grinned his toothless grin at me before putting on his pity-puppy look. "You see, Myung, I am having a hard time memorizing math and since you are the maths genius of this school, I thought you could help me a little today, given that you are my best friend." he said still looking at me with puppy eyes. I sighed as I fully turned towards him and stopped walking. he stopped walking too. "Look Jongie, I would love to help you but I have homework too and I..." "Please? For me?" begged Sungjong, jutting out his lower lips while looking at me with a sad face. I sighed again, knowing I had already given up.

*At a Cafe*

       "So the formula for finding the area of a square is length multiplied by breadth. Understand?" I said as I pointed at the square on the paper. "At first it seemed hard but know I understand because of yoy. Thank you soooooo much, Myunggie! I love you, bestie!" he said as he packed his bag and fled away to his home to play PS2. I sighed as I buried my face in my palms. Jonggie-ah, please don't day those three worlds to me if you only mean it to me as a bestfriend.

*Next Day*

       I was Saturday as I was peacefully reading my book on my bed when my door flung open and in burst Sungjong. "MuyungMyung! Guess what, guess what!" he screeched as he jumped onto my bed and pulle the book away from me. "Sungjongie? Since when are you here? And what? What happened?" as I straightened myself. He giggled with a dreamy look on his face. "Do you know Lee Minhyuk? From 'Class 2C?" he asked, still giggling. I nodded my head suspiciously. Somehow, I felt that I wasn't gonna like this one little bit. Sungjong continued, "Well, I had been feeling something for him lately and today he confessed that he like me at the cafe and asked me to be his boyfriend and I said yes!" I felt a pang in my heart as my heart shattered into a millon pieces. i felt my eyes becoming teary and I knew I had to get Sungjong out before I burst out crying. "Myung? Myung? Are you ther?" Jongie asked me as he waved hsi hands in front of my face. "Umm... Sungjong, I forgot I have to go somewhere immediately and I have to changed so bye! See you tommorow!" I said as I pushed him out of my room and closed the door. I heard him mutter "Wierd..." before he went down the stairs. I leaned on the door as I slowly slipped down. I felt tears running down my face as i felt the pain in my heart. So this was how it was going to end? Will I not have a chance with my Jongie anymore? I put one hand it my mouth to muffle my sobs and one hand hitting my chest to ease the pain in my heart. I didn't think of anything else. All I knew was that Jongie and I will never be together. And the truth hurts. A lot.

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

      It has been two weeks that Minhyuk and Sungjong has been dating. Myungsoo stayed beside his bestfriend. Even though it hurts seeing his love of his life doing lovey dovey things with someone else, he held on to hsi tears and thought it was wrong to leave his bestfriend. Even night, when he was in his room he would cry himself to ssleep, regretting that if he confessed to Sungjong early, maybe he would still have a chance.

     "Myungsoo-ah!" Sungjong called as he walked towards Myungsoo while holding hands with Minhyuk. Myungsoo turned and he felt his heart pand in pain but he held it and and faked a smile. "Remember the study date we have today? I don't think I can make it since I am going to watch a movie with Minhyuk after school." Myungsoo felt his smile turn crooked but he quickly smiled again. "It's okay, go have fun. We can study later anyways." he said. "Really? Thanks bestie! Okay, I will be going to class now. But yeobo! But Myungsoo!" Sungjong waved as he looked back and walked at the same time. Suddenly there was a loud cry of "Watch Out!" as Sungjong bumped into somebody. He stumbled backa s he fell down fromt he steps with a loud thud. The last thing he heard was Myungsoo and Minhyuk running down, calling for him. After that, everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sungjong groaned as he held on to hsi head and tried to sit up. He felt a terrible pounding in his head as he groaned again, seeing Myungsoo rushing towards him. "Myung...what am I doing in the nurse office?" Sungong asked Myungsoo as Myungsoo sat down beside Sungjong's bed in a chair. "You fell down the stairs." Myungsoo answerd. "Oh. Wher's Minhyukkie?" Sungjong asked. " He went home already since he had something to do." Myungsoo answered. he continued speaking "Why don't you look ot the front? Why must you be so careless? What if somethign serious happened to you huh? What will you do then?" Myungsoo was now shouting at the poor boy. Sungjong felt himself shrink back. He had never seen Myungsoo this angry in his life. "Chill, okay? I'm fine now aren't I? geez, why are you so worked up?" Sungjong said as he looked up at Myungsoo. "You know why I am so worked up? It's because I ing love you Lee Sungjong! There, I said it. I love you." Myungsoo shouted as tears fell from his eyes. Sungjong just looked at Myugnsoo in shock. Myungsoo continued. 'I had always loved you Lee Sungjong. Since primary school I loved you. But I didn't confess, scared that you will reject me. Scared that you won't feel the same. You know how hurt I was when I heard that you and Minhyuk are dating? Do you know how much I ing love you?" Myungsoo shouted, now sobbing uncontrollably. He stood up and wiped his tears. "I'm sorry I caused trouble. I will be going now. Let's just pretend now to know each other." Myungsoo said as he walked towards the door. Sungjong, who had now recoverd from his shock, ran towards Myungsoo and pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry. I never told you that I love you too. Actually me and Minhyuk were never dating. I asked him to make me forget you so that I can stop feeling scared and nervous around you..." Sungjong said as tears ran down his face. "Minhyuk has someone he likes , Minho. I was scared that you didn't feel the same way towards me and that I would be rejected and ruin the frendship. I was selfish. I'm sorry I hurt you, I-" Sungjong was cut off by Myungsoo's soft lips. as first he was shocked and then he slowly kissed back. The soft kiss turned passionate as Myungsoo pulled back and smiled. "pabo. Do you know how much you've hurt me? But it doesn't matter now. Lee Sungjong, I love you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked. Sungjong nodded shyly before saying yes.ll be your boyfriend." Myugnsoo grinned as he pulled Sungjong into a hug. "I love you, Sungjong." Myungsoo said as he pulled Sungjong closer. "I love you too, Myungsoo."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go! My first complete fanfic. My other two fanfics were deleted so... Anyway, Thank you for reading 'Lee Sungjong, My Best Friend And My Only Love" I hope you will keep supporting me and my fics.

To all INSPIRITS who are reading this, as a fellow INSPIRIT myself, please keep supporting INFINITE and their music.

Kamsamnida!!! :)

- Authornim, Kim Sung Hee