12

Of Lust, Lies, and Love

 

CHAPTER TWELVE

 

 

After the dinner, their friends bid their goodbyes at them, of course with a few compliments about how delicious his food is, and that he should bring some at school for them to share at lunch.

 

How Kyungsoo wishes, he could do that.

 

He volunteered to wash the dishes saying that it’s the only way he knows, on how to repay their kindness to him.

 

Jongin and his mom are already in deep slumber when he finished cleaning the dishes.

 

Kyungsoo then stood at the center of the living room, admiring and tattooing the image of that house in his mind. He then get a sticky note from the center table and borrowed a pen too. He wrote the last words he knows to thank them all with all the memories they shared with him, even if it’s only for a brief amount of time.

 

He also made a personal letter for Jongin and his mom. And once satisfied with his final output, he pinned the note for Mrs. Kim at her door and Jongin’s, well, on his forehead.

 

He then carried his luggages out of the house, but before he finally left the house, he looked back, smiled, and breath for its smell, then said, “Thank you for everything. I promise, I will never, ever forget you.” Then he closed the door and left, leaving a note full of lies of good future for him.

 

Because that’s the only way he knows would help them forget about him. That behind those lies, is the painful truth, that most probably, unfortunately, he won’t see them in the future, ever again.

 

----

 

It’s the annoying sound of the alarm clock that woke Jongin up.

 

He didn’t know, but he’s quite expecting to see Kyungsoo lying beside him, sleeping. But no, he’s not there.

 

Maybe, he’s cooking already. He thought as he stood up and stretched.

 

He looked around the room that rather seems quiet and feels rather empty.

 

Well, it literally feels emptier now that Hyung’s big bags aren’t here—

 

“Kyungsoo Hyung!” He quickly scanned the room to see any sign of Kyungsoo. But he found none.

 

Not until he touched his forehead that he felt a paper on it.

 

He removed it from his forehead and read the neatly written letters at the front. It reads of ‘Kim Jongin :]’

 

“A letter?” He studied it first before opening it.

 

It’s a letter from Do Kyungsoo. And Jongin dropped it on the floor as he finished reading it.

 

He’s crying. He’s crying not because he’ll finally have all those attention back at him now; not because the limelight will always be with him; neither of those thoughts made him cry.

 

But the guilt that he felt after reading it. The realization of what Kyungsoo meant to say last night. It all made sense to him now, and his mind could only summarize it into three sentences: Sorry. Thank you. Goodbye.

 

“But we’ll see each other in the future again right? Kyungsoo hyung, you promised that.” He could only hold on to what’s left to him. A promise; a promise, he isn’t sure if it’s only a lie.

 

The letter:

 

“ Dear KkamJong,

 

You know, I found you really rude and noisy and a brat the first time we encountered. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the chance to meet at the school so I don’t know if I’ll also add famous, boastful, modest, ect., ect. on my first impressions about you.

 

But the little time we got to know each other was enough for me to know that the Jongin I assumed to be is a little, let’s say, different with who really that guy is.

 

You’re a really kind-hearted guy. A caring and a thoughtful lad. You’re also gorgeous, or maybe, handsome. I don’t want you to put that on your head okay? Kyungsoo Hyung will be mad at you and will furrow his eyebrows cutely at you—oops! I didn’t mean to remind you that! But you just absent-mindedly said that. Aha! You’re also mumbling your thoughts! Detective Do will note that! >;P

 

Okay, so, I know I already occupied half of this note saying nonsense and not the main point. But can you blame me? I’m really not the talkative one, for your information.

 

So, as I was saying, I want to get to the point already. Hwaiting for me! ^__^

 

First of all, I want to say sorry for everything. I didn’t know that you lack attention from before, and I was quite lucky—if not luckier, to experience that kind of attention you’re having. But I didn’t mean to take those away from you! Neither did those happened to slip my mind! I swear. I promise, they never did and will never do. So please, forgive hyung okay? Yes? Yay! Hyung is happy! :D

 

I also wanted to thank you for sacrificing your sleeping time to take care of me. Thank you for putting up the times I had nightmares. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my knight in shining armor—though I never dreamed myself being a damsel in distress, I actually wanted to be a King! But still, THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIM JONGIN!

 

So now, this is what I think is the finale.

 

I will go now.*teardrop stain* I will travel away. I think, I’ll be going far and live with my grandparents.*teardrop stain* That’s actually my plan when you found me on the street. I was on my way to my relatives’ when I got attacked by hoodlums. *teardrop stain*

 

Hey! Do you still remember what I told you, don’t you dare forget that; not until you completely erase me from your memory okay? And please, don’t worry about me. I will be in a better place. Far better than here, or any other places. *teardrop stain* I hear, it goes by the name Heaven! *teardrop stain* Haha! I’m *teardrop stain* just *teardrop stain* kidding! *teardrop stain*

 

Smile Jongin-ah! You look scary when you frown. RLAB. (I heard Kris saying that. V(^__^))

 

Lastly, don’t count the days I’m not around okay? I promise you, in the future, when you don’t recognize me, and you completely forget me, that’s when you’ll see me again.

 

But the thing is, I’m much more handsome than you! Lol!

 

So what now, I think, it’s time to say, Goodbye, and I hope to see you again in the future!

 

 

Cute and Squishy Now but will be Handsome and Manly in the Future,

 

Do Kyungsoo or, Kyungie for now :D

 

PS. Just don’t mind the dried teardrop stains on the last part okay? Kyungie just got a little carried away.

PS2. I will never forget you Jongin-ah!

PS3. Don’t you dare throw or discard this because you will be ugly! I swear! >;D *oops!*

PS4. I promise you, we’ll meet again in the future. Just don’t be too stubborn okay? Hyung will be mad at you! >__<

PS5. Remember always to think of me as a dream. A very wonderful dream, then you’ll eventually forget about me. And when that time comes, you’ll be happy. Then I’ll be happy too!

PS6 and I swear will be the last. Do Kyungsoo/Kyungie/Kyungsoo Hyung will be watching you. Always. And last words, I’m sorry. Thank you very very very much. And, Goodbye. :]

 

*Signed* 07/13/20XX”