Reveal

Boomerang [DISCONTINUED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yonghwa sat up as you replayed the day the two of you met in your mind; maybe he was thinking it as well.

"I probably should have told you this sooner but before my dad died, he and my mom actually had a huge fight. I can't remember exactly what it was about, but I know it involved me. Maybe it was my slipping grades. I'm not too sure," you rambled. "Anyway, he wouldn't have gone to that bar and died if it wasn't for that fight. The fight I caused."

He let out a gasp. "Yeeun," he said softly.

"My mom insisted that it wasn't my fault, but who is she kidding? Of course it is," you continued. "She wouldn't let herself admit it, but she must have thought so too. How could she not? And soon after, she made me swear to never let go of the next boyfriend I got. She told me to always talk to him and try to work it out when things got rocky because you never know... he could get taken away from me the following day." You felt your heart drop after revealing everything. You figured he felt terrible and it was probably the worst time to tell him, but it was the reason why you had to pretend you were still dating.

He began to recall the day he broke up with you in his head and feared you were going to ask him about it.

"Uh, this ice pack is melting," he told you, using it as an excuse to leave the room. "I'll get a new one and sleep on the couch. Good night."

This reaction was expected. It didn't change the fact that you still awaited an explanation for why he dumped you the way he did, but you knew you wouldn't get one tonight. You didn't turn to look at him. "Good night, Yonghwa," you told him, lying down at the same place he was earlier. It was still warm and it felt nice. It even smelled like him. It was almost like being hugged by him, but not as satisfying as the real thing.

He sighed heavily as he shut the door. He walked into the living room after throwing the ice pack away and jumped back when he the light. "Oh, I didn't see you there!" he said to your mother. "Why aren't you sleeping in the guest room?"

She ascended from the couch. "Actually, I just woke up a couple of minutes ago and I was on my way there. I must have fallen asleep while reading my book." She gave him a look. "But what are you doing here?"

"Pardon me? I don't understand," he replied in genuine confusion.

"Yonghwa, I'm not dumb."

He gulped so hard

Please log in to read the full chapter