Nightmare

Boomerang [DISCONTINUED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

You unlocked your door and the two of you carried him back to your room before laying him down on your bed.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Yonghwa?!" she half-whispered, half-screamed. "How am I going to face him once he regains consciousness?"

"Trust me, you're the least of his worries right now," you said under your breath.

"I feel so terrible," she grumbled. "I'll get some ice for his face." 

Like clockwork, he opened his eyes the second she stepped out.

"Yeeun?" he said gently as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"Yonghwa! Are you okay?" You immediately knelt down next to him and subconsciously ran your fingers across the area of his injury. He looked at you as he placed his fingers over yours, which caused you to retract your hand in shame. "Sorry," you squeaked as you put your head down. "And I'm so sorry about my mother punching you in the face, but right now you need to go along with everything I say. I'll explain later, just please don't let her know that we're broken up."

"She doesn't know?"

You shook your head. Her footsteps got louder and you whispered, "Please, Yong." You haven't called him that since the moment before the split.

She walked back into the room and saw the two of you talking. "Oh, Yonghwa!" she exclaimed. "You're awake. That's good. Please forgive me for hitting you. I had no idea!"

"It's okay," he chuckled softly. "I would've done the same, to be honest. I'm glad you were quick to react!"

"If you don't mind me asking," she began while handing him an ice pack, "what were you even doing outside the apartment door?"

"Well, Yeeun called me and--"

"He was going to surprise you! I told him you were in town and he could hardly contain his excitement." You shifted your gaze to Yonghwa and shot him that just-go-with-it look. He gave you a docile nod. "I told him we were going out for dinner, so he used this opportunity to come back here and pop in for a visit. However, it looks like he forgot his keys."

Your mom nodded her head as she put all the pieces together. "Oh, that's why you wanted to stall! And that's why you didn't want to tell me it was him!"

"Correct!" you lied. "But our plan has been foiled," you stated in mock disappointment.

"Aw, I'm sorry about that. Thank you though, this was a wonderful surprise indeed!"

You laughed quietly and Yonghwa locked his eyes onto you once again. "I haven't seen Yeeun in so long. She's just as beautiful as I remember."

You felt your cheeks get hot, and you were pretty sure they were red too. Whether he meant it or not, you heart fluttered when you heard him say that.

"Gosh! You two are so adorable. Five years together and she still blushes at your compliments," your mother cooed. She was like a fangirl, captain of the EunHwa ship. She really meant it when she told you that Yonghwa was the only boyfriend of yours that she liked. "How long is 'so long' to you, Yonghwa? I'm jealous Yeeun go to you before me!" she joked.

He beamed before answering, "exactly one week. That may not seem like long to some, but that's seven whole days without her."

Geez, this guy was really milking it. You could always count on him to be really greasy even if it was just pretend... maybe?

"I can't handle this much adorable." Your mom got up from her chair. "I'll let you two catch up," she said with a smile before closing the door behind her.

You released a gigantic sigh and looked at h

Please log in to read the full chapter