With a Nerd and a Jerk

Dame Of the Stupid(?)

“Your friends are really nice,” I complimented the friends of ShinGoo. School already ended and we were going to walk home but ShinGoo told me that he would buy me something because Xiumin ate my bread and of course, I was hungry too.

 

“Yeah, they are. Here it is!” ShinGoo pointed to the bread shop that was right in front of us. When I looked inside there wasn’t that much people and not too many too. Their pastries were looked so good that I just wanted to steal everything. I was lying about the whole studying in lunch thingy. I never did any of that.

 

“Let’s go,” I pulled ShinGoo inside the shop. The workers greeted us nicely that I almost wanted to live here rather than America, but I know that I have to go back to America and become a soldier again for my Dad.

 

“Can I just have the Spanish bread? Thanks,” I told ShinGoo and he nodded. I felt my phone vibrate and I checked who texted me. It was my one and only Dad. Of course, who else can call me besides him.

 

‘BaekJi, you need to get the book now. I need you to study it so you can come back home here early’ That was the text that I received.

 

“BaekJi, here is your bread and I’m sorry that I have to do this but I have to go somewhere really bad,” I was glad that ShinGoo said that because I have to go too then I won’t have to feel guilty. I nodded and got the Spanish bread out of his hands and went out of the store.

 

“Bye ShinGoo!” he waved then ran to the opposite direction. I smiled and thought about how cute he was. I found the library that my school owned and went in. I greeted the librarian and she greeted me back.

 

“Excuse me, do you know where I can find a book about CEO’s?”

 

“There is, but I don’t know where is it. The one who borrowed it before didn’t put it in the right section and this place is humungous that me and the other librarian’s can’t even find it and we are also busy. If you have luck on your side deary, I hope you could look for it yourself,” I nodded and thanked the librarian before finding it myself.

 

LUHAN’s P.O.V

“How long do I have to play as a nerd? Gosh it is killing me!” I removed my glasses and messed up my hair to remove the gel. I got a text from my father that I have to get the book now so I could practice how to be the CEO of the company early.

 

“I don’t know why he can’t even get it himself. That BaekJi girl sure knows how to throw a knife. Kris was really scared after that,” I changed my attire in the bathroom and went out in my usual and normal clothes and not the nerdy clothes.

 

I went inside the library and asked where the CEO book is and she said that a girl was also finding it.

 

“May I ask who was the girl?”

 

“I didn’t quite catch her name dear boy, but I suggest you start finding it because that is the only book that exists here in this library and you have to get out of town if you want another copy,” the old librarian smiled at me and I thanked her. I started looking in different sections but I still couldn’t find it.

NO ONE’s P.O.V

“Where is that book? A book about CEO’s, a book about CEO’s, where is it?” BaekJi was inside the library looking for the book that her father told her to find. She was searching the whole library but she still couldn’t find it. She wanted to ask the librarian but she said even she couldn’t find it.

 

“I need to find that book before the party starts,” Luhan was also doing the same. He was looking also everywhere just to look for that book that his father ordered him to study. Even he couldn’t find it.

 

“Where is it?” Both muttered at the same time without knowing that the other person was just across them and was just separated by book shelves.

 

“Where is—Gotcha!” Both grabbed the book at the same time, from different aisle.

 

BAEKJI’s P.O.V

“Why wouldn’t it budge?!” I tried pulling it as hard as I can but I couldn’t. It was like someone was holding it from the other side. I looked at the hole and could see the guy from before trying to get the book.

 

‘Oh no he won’t’ I though and pulled harder.

 

“Yah! Guy from the other aisle! Can you get your hands off this book? I badly need it!” I shouted at him and earned glares from other people from the other students who were studying. I bowed a little before focusing again my attention at the book.

 

“No thanks! I need it too so I think you should let go of it!” The guy angrily whispered. I shook my head and still kept on pulling it. I could feel him giving up and I pulled harder and the book I successfully got the book. I cheered quietly that I got the book. The guy from the other aisle went to my aisle and it was the jerk from the cafeteria.

 

“Give me—that book—now,” he said while huffing heavily. I pointed at the book and he nodded tiredly. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked pass him and he didn’t even dare try to make a move. I stood in front of him and just watched him pant.

 

“Come on knife girl, can we at least just study it together? I need it too you know,” I started thinking if I will study it with him or not, but I still had second thoughts about not giving it to him.

 

“I’ll borrow it for today and you can borrow it tomorrow, See ya!” I whispered to him and ran away before he could even scream at me. I went outside and saw my car parked not far away from me. I went inside my car after seeing him run outside of the library.

 

“See ya!” I said as I rolled down my window and saluted to him. I drove off and saw from my rear view mirror seeing how frustrated he was. I laughed and sped up to go back to my house.