The Changing Days

I'm Here to Stay

 

*ring ring*

Huh...???

 

"Who’s calling me at 4 in the morning?"

I turn to look at the screen and see it's Auntie Sue. I pick up the phone,

"Hi Auntie! Do you realize what time it is here in New York?" I hear no reply so I keep taking.

"So did u see the new episode of the drama yet it's so good..." Still no reply.

"Auntie did Mom and Dad arrive Seoul yet?"

"Yuri......*sobbing*.....Y-Yuri they are gone......"

"What do you mean there gone I only saw them hours ago!"

"......the plane crashed....... There were no surviving passengers..... I'm so sorry"

"You're wrong...... They can't be gone!*sobbing*"

"Yuri baby don't cry! Your mom and dad wouldn't want you to cry..."

 

But what else can I do I am a 18 year old girl with NO parents just starting university in a foreign country in three weeks!

 

I cry for hours straight with my aunt saying calming words through the phone. But it was no use. I feel bad for wasting her breath.

 

Why did you leave me? Why didn't you prepare me for this?

 

I run to my parent’s room and noticed for the first time ever a small blue underneath their king size bed. I carefully take it out from under the bed. It has my name on it. I open up the lid and there is a picture of me and mom and dad.

It was on my graduation. We all look so happy.

 I pick up the the picture and notice that there were more things inside the box. It was my moms wedding ring and all the info to my mom and dads savings for me.

 Also in there was a photo book and a deed to a house.

 What house? Yes we own the apartment but not a house that I know of.....? As I keep taking out things that remind me of my parents I come across a letter.

 

"Dear Yuri,

 

       It's your mom and dad. We Want to write this letter to you because one day we will be gone and you will find this box at your time of need. We're are sure you are crying right now,"

 

 So true... my tears, they just won't stop.

 

"We want you to know that everything will be okay. Don't you dare think about following us to heaven just yet. We want you to find love and have kids like you've always wanted. Be happy.

 

Just know that you were our greatest joy in life. Please finish school and always remember “God’s delay does not mean God's denial".

Love Always,

Mommy and Daddy

 

 

 

Ps. the deed is something you will inherit when you turn 21 also this counts for the savings. We will have you move with your aunt if anything happens before you can support yourself. Hahahaha love you."

 

"A dangerously evil humour till death I see" I laugh. The tears still flow out of my eyes.

 

2 weeks later.

 

I'm still in morning over my parents and I'm leaving my beautiful New York City for Seoul. I don't have a problem with Korea because I’m Korean but I've lived in New York City all my life. Now that I don’t have my parents it is going to be even harder for me to adjust to a new life.

"We are now boarding flight 312 to Seoul, South Korea. All passengers please proceed to gate 22."

"Here we go!"

By this time mom and dad would have been back in New York and sending me off. I have to hold in my tears. I want to just break down and cry my heart out but I can't. I need to be strong and take over dad’s Company when I'm done with school. Dad is CEO of a Music company in new York. We want to branch out into Korea so dad wanted me to study there. Uncle Richie will take over the New York office while I'm in Korea.

 

Despite loosing the two most important people in my life I can't let that destroy my life.

"Please buckle your seatbelts we will now begin our flight to Seoul, South Korea."

I think I might just sleep the whole way seeing that I haven't been able to sleep lately.

18 hours later.

"Miss Kwon...Miss Kwon."

I stir awake from the voice of the flight attendant.

"Yes"

"We have arrived."

"Thank you" the flight attendant walks away. She places my bag in the empty chair next to me. I walk off the plane only to be greeted by the most beautiful aunt ever.

"Auntie!" I run up to her and give her a huge hug.

"I thought you said that you couldn't come and pick me up?"

"I lied!"

"Your mean!" Auntie was a fashion designer here in Seoul. She also is a landlord for a boarding house that I will be staying at.

"m'lady!" I turned around to find my personal butler and best friend since birth Alex.

"ya Alex!” I grab his ear tugging it a bit. He winced.

"What have I told you!"

"Alright!" he grabs my cheek

"owwwww! You big headed fatty!"

"On three okay brat girl!" we agreed.

1

...

2

.....

3

.......

We still held on. We started to dye of laughter including my aunt.

"You guys are still the same. Let's go children.

"Yes!" we hollered in.

 

We were already more than half way there when auntie spoke up.

"You know Yuri, I know it's hard but you are strong."

I stop my endless writing in my diary to look up at her.

"They must be so proud of you." I smile at the thought of them.

"anyway,” auntie continued “Alex are you going to school together with Yuri ?"

"I am. We have the same major since we are going to be both working at the company."

"That’s amazing. You guys are the spitting image of you dads."

We really are! Now that I think about it. Both Alex and are a week apart, we have so much in common..... Wow basically he is my twin.

"TWINS" we shot out at the same time. We're rolling like buffalos in the back seat.

"Guys were here!" we pull up to this huge mansion.

"Damn!" auntie parks the car and both Alex get out in a dramatically superstar way. Both of us think we are the ish! You heard my heels clicking down the pavement. Auntie looks at us as we're crazy.

"What the hell are you doing?" we start to chuckle under our breaths and turn around to help her with our bags. After all the bags were out, I stop and took a moment to analyze the house. So this is where I will live from now on.

"Yuri hurry up already."

"Ok! I’m coming"