I'm going... WHERE?

Manyatta

 

It is still early in the morning when the sun rays slowly started to invade a certain room with its appealing orange light and welcoming warmth. Outside, the birds went on with their daily morning chant as sounds of cars and people happily chatting on the street could also be heard. Inside the large bedroom, only someone's snoring noises could be heard on this fine week day as the big city slowly wakes up at the same rhythm of its inhabitants.

Though, we all know what it means when the sun rises in the sky, especially for a young student; it is time to prepare for school. 

6:30 am in 3... 2... 1...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE- THUD-

‘‘Freaking alarm.’’ The young man who just got jerked out from his deep slumber grumpily sat up on his bed as he used one of his palms to rub his sleepy eyes. He stood up and stretched before going into the bathroom to take a shower. A very, very long shower.

 After getting dressed, the man made his way downstairs to the dining room where he is greeted by his parents who waited for their son to be there before eating their breakfast.

‘‘Mornin’ eomma, appa.’’ The young man hummed as he sat across his parents at the table and grabbed a toast before excitedly munching on it.

‘‘Good morning, son.’’

‘‘Good morning, Yunho.’’ His parents happily replied him and his mother quickly pecked his right cheek, making the young one pout.

‘‘I’m not a baby anymore eomma, stop doing this please.’’ Yunho’s mother could only smile sincerely as she lightly shook her head.

‘‘You’re always going to be my baby, Yunho.’’ She exclaimed happily and pinched her son’s right cheek. The latter brought his hand up to his face and immediately rubbed the sore area while pouting even more.

‘‘Oh, by the way, son. From now on, can you please try and stop taking so long in the shower? You’re wasting a lot of water, you know.’’ Mr. Jung slowly brought his cup of hot coffee to his mouth and took a sip while looking at his only son.

‘‘It’s not like we’re going to run out of water either, appa.’’ Yunho laughed briefly and stood up, taking his bag from the small table near the entrance door. He waved goodbye to his parents and ran to his bike which is parked in the house’s garage. He put his helmet on and drove off to school.

After leaving his bike in the school’s parking lot, Yunho walked toward the gate and stopped in his tracks when he heard someone shouting his name. One of his best friends, Park Yoochun, ran up to him and they started walking together to their class.

‘‘By the way, Chun, where is Changmin?’’ Yunho asked as they sat on their desks near the window of the classroom. Other students were entering the room as the clock on the wall almost struck 8:00 am, which was the beginning of the lesson.

‘‘Do you even have to ask? There is only one place where he could be.’’ Yoochun made a head movement, mentioning the classroom’s door. Yunho just sighed.

‘‘Man, didn’t he just have breakfast at his house before coming to school!? You know what, never mind.’’ Yunho shoved his hands in his pockets and groaned as the bell rang, signaling that the teacher will be here any moment from now.

Everyone sat down as Mr. Kang entered the class, soon followed by Changmin, whose arms were filled with all sorts of food as he quickly made his way to his desk and sat down, Yunho eyeing him.

‘‘Seriously, Changmin?’’ Yunho asked with disbelief and he just received a ‘what’ expression from his friend who was stuffing his mouth with food. Yoochun only shook his head and laughed quietly at his fellow classmate’s behavior.

Mr. Kang, the teacher, who was used to his student’s black hole stomach, didn’t pay him much attention as he cleared his throat and started his speech.

‘‘Everyone, please listen. As you all probably already know, each year our school is planning a trip overseas to help communities in different countries by doing community work. This year as well, the project will take place as usual and everyone who wishes to volunteer will have to fill this document carefully,’’ Mr. Kang waved the sheet above his head to make sure that everybody saw it before he continued. ‘‘and hand it over to me as soon as possible. Anybody who is interested, feel free to come and take a sheet after the class ends. Oh, and don’t forget to get it approved by your parents. That’s all. Now open your book to page 63, we’ll continue to discuss about th-’’ As the teacher talked about today’s lesson, Yunho turned to Yoochun whose desk was at his right, in between his and Changmin’s.

‘‘Again with this community-something trip. What’s the point of those anyway?’’ Yunho asked his friend with furrowed eyebrows.

‘‘Are you dumb or something? It’s meant to help people in other countries by offering our help in many ways, such as repairing buildings, teaching kids in schools, distribute food and supplies to the population, etc. All while doing it for free.’’ Yoochun explained and Yunho’s expression changed as if he just heard something weird.

‘‘They’re doing all that, for free? What a waste of time if you can’t even get something in exchange.’’ Yunho laughed mockingly while Yoochun mentally smacked him in the face for being this ignorant.

Of course Jung Yunho wouldn’t understand how it is to live in poverty, since his family is rich and he was able to get everything he wanted since he was born. He doesn’t have to work his off in working in a part-time job, heck he doesn’t even have to move a muscle to get all the money he wants to be put in his bank account.

 

*****

 

At lunch time, Yunho, Yoochun and Changmin sat at their usual table after getting their food at the cafeteria. People were talking loudly and everyone hurried to take their seats before they all got taken. After all, after hours of listening to the teachers and writing all sorts of things into their notebooks, who wouldn’t be hungry?

 ‘‘Damn, this chicken is so freaking delicious!’’ Changmin suddenly exclaimed as he stuffed more and more of the said chicken into his mouth, projecting small droplets of his saliva here and there, obviously making his two friends moving slightly away from him.

‘‘No cursing, Changmin.’’ Yoochun told his friend but Yunho tsk’ed.

‘‘Cursing isn’t the problem here; he’s spitting his saliva all over the ing table! That’s just disgusting!’’ Yunho glared at Changmin, who obviously didn’t pay neither of his friends attention.  

Yunho stood up from the table and was about to walk away when Yoochun raised an eyebrow at him.

‘‘Yunho, where are you going?’’

‘‘Getting another tray of food, obviously. Who knows what got into this one.’’ Yunho said, glaring at the food monster, his expression clearly showing disgust.

Yoochun sighed. ‘‘Come on now hyung, it’s not like he actually drooled all over your food, it’s still eatable. You won’t die from eating it.’’

‘‘Well, I prefer not to take any risks.’’ Yunho was about to walk away to the trash bin when Yoochun got up as well and held Yunho’s wrist, preventing him from moving any further.

‘‘Aish, at least don’t waste it! Give it to Changmin, he’ll be happy to eat it.’’ Yoochun took the tray from his hyung’s hands and put it besides the one Changmin was currently emptying.

Yunho rolled his eyes and went in line for another tray of food. In the meantime, Yoochun thought it was the perfect moment to discuss something with his dongsaeng.

‘‘Changmin-ah, don’t you think that Yunho hyung’s habits are becoming... how should I say it... worrying?’’

Changmin momentarily stopped eating and lifted his head to look at Yoochun. ‘‘What do you mean, hyung?’’

''I'm talking about how he wastes lots of things, and he doesn't seem to give it much thought. I bet he thinks whatever he needs or wants, he'll get it without even needing to move his , and that everything is unlimited.''

Changmin's mouth formed into a 'O' as he nodded his head, understanding what Yoochun tried to point out.

''Even though we know this, what do you think we can do about it? It's not like he's going to change his habits even a bit if we try to talk to him, he'll most surely just shut his ears at whatever we would say.''

''You're right...'' Both of them tapped their chin for a moment, thinking about a possible plan. Then the maknae's frown slowly turned into a grin, which told Yoochun that his friend came up with something.

''What is it?''

''You remember what the teacher talked about this morning, right?''

Yoochun didn't really get what he meant, and looked at him confused. ''Changmin, get to the point, will you? We don't have time for guessing, Yunho's going to be back any minute from now.''

Changmin rolled his eyes before looking at his friend again with the same grin. ''You know, that trip to help communities overseas, don't you think that this could help him?''

Yoochun's eyes widened. ''You mean... you want to send him there!?'' Changmin just nodded confidently. His friend's surprised expression quickly turned into an evil smile. 

''That's genius. At least he has bigger chances of learning something there than staying here. But there's only one problem, how are we going to do? There is absolutely no way he would accept going to such a place.''

Changmin leaned over the table and spoke in a low tone. ''We could try and convince his parents to make him go.''

''Are you sure that this is going to work?'' The older of the two whispered back. Changmin leaned back and glared at the other.

''Have you ever doubted any of my plans in the past, hyung?''

''Well, no...''

''Then trust me on this one as well.'' Changmin looked around and saw Yunho coming back to their table. He mouthed 'he's coming back' to Yoochun who nodded and listened. ''We'll take a copy of the form to be filled from Mr. Kang after class today and try to talk to his parents when he's not present.'' The other quickly nodded and they both resumed eating as their other friend sat down and separated his chopsticks.

''I swear, Changmin, you better not spit your saliva over my food again, or you'll be sorry.''

Changmin scoffed. ''Like I'm scared of you, hyung.''

''Whatever! Just let me eat in peace for god's sake.'' 

Yoochun poked the youngest's arm across the table, gaining his attention. 

''What?'' The maknae was starting to lose his patience as he already lost too much time and all he wanted right now was to eat his precious food who kept calling for him.

'I hope that our plan would also work on his attitude.' Yoochun mouthed, which the other nodded to, then hurriedly went back to attacking his chicken.

 

*****

 

As the bell rang signaling the end of the school day, all students packed their things as they were eager to get home to either watch their favorite show on TV, to play video games until late at night or lay their exhausted bodies on the couch doing nothing. Some others had plans to go out with friends or lovers. One thing for sure, everyone was utterly excited as it was Friday today.

As they were making their way out the classroom with their bags, Changmin quickly passed by the teacher's desk, snatched a paper and shoved it into his bag carefully, not wanting Yunho to see. They walked outside the classroom when a pair of arms came clinging onto the latter.

''Oppa, are you free tonight?'' One of those super hot, popular, but extremely mean girls put on her best flirting smile while Yoochun and Changmin just stood there, watching her doing her usual and annoying 'oppa please hang out with me' behavior.

''Do I have anything planned for today?'' Yunho asked out loud, more to himself than to his two friends. ''Nope, I don't think I have.'' He turned to the girl and smirked.

''Where do you want to go?'' The girl kept smiling and started twirling the tip of her shoulder length hair.

''Anywhere you want, oppa.'' Before Yunho could answer, Yoochun patted the latter's shoulder and said that Changmin and him were going home and started heading their way. Yunho waved at them briefly and soon got out of their sight as him and the girl went the opposite way.

As they were about to cross the front gate, Changmin suddenly elbowed Yoochun and stopped walking, making the other stop in his tracks as well.

''Hyung, since Yunho hyung is busy with some girl, we could take this opportunity to go talk to his parents.''

''Are you sure that they're at home at this hour?''

''I bet they are. But even if they weren't, I don't think that hyung will be back 'till late at night.'' 

''Alright then, let's go.'' They both smirked devilishly as they quickly made their way to their friend's house.

 

*****

 

The sun was long gone to sleep as the darkness of the night took its place. Yunho walked past the gate of his house and went inside where he was greeted by his family's only butler. He slightly bowed as he removed his shoes and went straight to the living room since he could hear voices, so he presumed that his parents where there. 

''Eomma, appa, I'm hom-'' Yunho stopped talking as his eyes saw his two friends sitting on the opposite couch. Changmin was gulping down a whole tray of cookies while Yoochun, who had just stopped laughing from a story Yunho's parents told them, waved his hand.

''Yah, don't just stand there, come sit at least.'' Yunho nodded and sat not far from Yoochun.

''Oh my, Yunho, you should bring your friends more often. I missed these two kids, they're so funny.'' Mrs. Jung said through a laugh. ''Where were you anyway? Ah, probably with another girl again. Well, you missed all the fun.'' Mr. Jung shook his head disapprovingly at his son.

''You should stop fooling around with all these rude and fake girls and try to find a kind one with whom you could really start a real relationship, you know.'' 

Yunho rolled his eyes. His parents always talked to him about how much he should get a real girlfriend instead of hanging out with many different girls at the same time. What was wrong with doing so, anyway? 

''Please, we already had this conversation way too often.'' Mr. Jung didn't add anything, since he knew it was pointless. Yunho shifted his gaze on the duo next to him with narrowed eyes. ''Also, what are you guys doing here in my house, this late?

The room instantly became quiet. Well, except for munching sounds from Changmin eating his cookies.

Mr. Jung cleared his throat. ''There is actually something we'd like to discuss with you, son.'' Yunho sighed of annoyance.

''What is it? Another one of your speech?''

''Just listen, Yunho. Your friends came here today to talk to us about a certain matter that seemed to make them worry, and we couldn't help but feel the same way. They proposed an interesting way to help you solve that problem. We-'' Before Mrs. Jung could finish what she had to say, her son cut her.

''Wait a minute. I don't even understand what you're talking about. What problem? Is this some kind of trick?'' Yunho shifted his gaze from Changmin to Yoochun, to his father and to his mother.

''Aish, let your mother finish what she has to say first, will you?'' Mr. Jung said, obviously irritated with his son's bad attitude.

''Fine, fine!'' Yunho leaned his back against the couch. Mrs. Jung sighed and continued.

''What Yoochun and Changmin told us, is that you have a serious problem about your ecological footprint. You don't know how to use natural resources properly, and you waste a lot. They also came here with a brilliant idea on how we could help you out on that matter.''

Yunho stared at everyone with a pokerface. ''Ecolo... what? The heck is that you're talking about? And yeah, I do perhaps sometimes waste stuff but hey, why should I worry when we have plenty more of everything?''

Everyone in the room except Yunho wanted to facepalm themselves at least ten times.

''That's it, it's settled. By seeing your attitude now, it's clear that you NEED to go there. It'll do you real good.'' Mr. Jung stated seriously.

''Wait, going where?''

Yoochun, who sensed danger, turned to Changmin and whispered. ''I think we should go now, before we get killed by you know who.'' Changmin nodded and both of them were about to stand up when Mr. Jung stared at his son and replied in a serious tone, once again.

''We filled the form and sighed it. You'll be part of the group who will be staying in Kenya for a month. And there is no you refusing it, because whether you like it or not, you're going, even if we have to bring you there by force.''

''Wait... what do you mean?'' Yunho sat straight on the couch and looked lost. Mrs. Jung showed him the paper, and when the information finally registered in his mind, his eyes got as wide as the moon.

''W-Wait a minute... you... you can't be serious, right!?'' While their friend began panicking, Yoochun and Changmin slowly stood up from their sitting positions and were ready to leave the room when...

''How did you two know about this tr- oh.'' Yunho's eyes instantly turned super mad, flames were shining in them. He slowly turned to face his two 'friends' and glared at them so fiercely, he could burn a hole in their face.

''C-Changmin, I think we should run...''

''Ne, hyung, we should...'' Both of them started running like their life depended on it (at this point, their life REALLY depended on it)

3... 2... 1...

''BOTH OF YOU, YOU ARE SO DEAD!!! YOU HEAR ME!? I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!! COME BACK HERE SO I CAN CHOP YOUR HEADS OFF!!''

 

__________

 

I know, nothing interesting happens in this chapter, but I just wanted to start if off somewhere. The real fun starts in the next chapter. ;) Kekeke.

Also, this is only my second fanfic, plus that English isn't my native language, so please bear with me, ne? :) I promise I'll try my best and deliver you my best writing! Don't pay too much attention to mistakes or typos, alright? ^^' So keep supporting me with your comments and do subscribe if you like my story, it would mean a lot :D 

See you soon everyone!! Saranghae! ♥ *bows*