Chapter 33

Can't Hold Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V.

 

​        I hung up the phone and immediately walked out my office. It was Jiyeon. She called me, telling me that she needs me because she was scared and sad. If she was feeling that way, it was affecting me too. Ever since I proposed to her, the only thing that I had ever thought about was that desire to protect her. It was that feeling where I HAD to protect her. She was the one I wanted to care for, more than anything. 

 

 

​        "Where are you going?" Someone asked as he grabbed my left upper arm. I turned around for a brief minute.

 

 

​       "Ah, Minseok hyung, please cover for me for a while," I smiled and nodded, hoping he'll say yes.

 

 

​       "Wae? I'm busy."

 

 

​       "Please, please, please," I said with aegyo as I started rubbing my hands back and forth. I also started pouting and laid my head on his shoulder hoping for approval. 

 

 

​       "Aish, so childish. Fine go, but you gotta treat me lunch later."

 

 

​        I jumped up and started running out, "Of course hyung." I started waving back at him. "Thank you," I said in English. 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

​       "Thank you?" Minseok repeated in English. He let out a laugh, "Kyeopta (Cute)."

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

​       When I finally arrived in front of Kim Entertainment building, I smoothed down my suit and look at my reflection from the glass wall. I flicked a piece of my red hair to the side, until I finally thought I looked handsome. 

 

 

​       I cleared my throat as I repeated, "Ah, ah, ah." I tilted my head and ponder about what I should say when I see her. Do I say something right away? Do I pat her back? Do I hug her? I shook my head. Why am I getting so nervous for? I should just go for it and comfort her the way I always do.

 

 

​       As I turned away from the wall and was about to go in, I stopped. Across from me, Kai also stopped walking and looked at me. It was just us two, staring at each other. He started looking down at the ground.

 

 

​       I finally said, "What happened to your hand?" 

 

 

​       "My hand?"

 

 

​       "Yeah that," I cocked my head towards his bandaged hand.

 

 

​       "Oh that. It's nothing. Why did you come here?"

 

 

​       "Oh uhm, just to see someone."

 

 

​       "I'm guessing Jiyeon?"

 

 

​       "Yeah..." Why is this so awkward for us to be talking to each other? Especially when we're alone...

 

 

​       "I see. Nice ring," he said, glancing at my left hand. "I better get going, I'm going to be late for a meeting." And just like that, he got into his car without saying anything else. I slightly bowed before going in. I don't even know why I bowed to him when he's just like a friend... something like that.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kai's P.O.V.

 

​       When I got into the car, I put my left hand on my heart. Ba bum ba bum ba bum ba bum. My heart was beating so fast. The thing I kept questioning myself, was why was I so nervous while talking to Baekhyun? Oh, right. He took my girl. 

 

 

​       When the driver got into the car, he asked, "Should we go to the meeting Mr. Kim?"

 

 

​       "Uh, pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter