Chapter 19

Can't Hold Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

~ 2 hours ago ~

<< Kai >>

 

        "Sorry, now's not the time. You see Baekhyun's here so like yeah..." Jiyeon spoke. Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun. It's all about him. And me? I'm the past. I'm nothing anymore; just a worthless guy. Aish. I put my hand on my forehead. My head hurts.

 

 

        "Oh," I responded. There was a pause on the phone.

 

 

        "Yeah. Is it an emergency?"

 

 

        "I guess not. It would be better off if we are alone. Call you later." I ended the call and tossed my phone to my bed. I rested my elbows on my legs and ruffled my hair. I couldn't think clearly. First I signed Jiyeon to a record label, then she rejects me, like I don't get it. Am I not the better guy? Sure I did some things I'm not proud of, but after everything I did for her? Am I desperate?

 

 

        I looked at the picture frame standing on my desk. On my picture frame, it says in capital letters: L-O-V-E with a sparkly red heart next to it. In the picture frame, was a picture of me and Jiyeon. I had my arms wrapped around her waist and I kissed the top of her head. She looked down smiling and had her arms around my neck. I remembered she gave me the picture with the picture frame on my birthday. When she handed me the gift, she blushed when she whispered, "I love you."

 

 

        I turned the frame around and faced it down. Then I realized, she was not my girlfriend anymore. This was reality. And instead, I needed to win her heart back. No matter what it takes. 

 

 

~ 1 hour later ~

 

 

        I took a walk out in the breezy summer night. I needed to clear my head out. As I was strolling on the boardwalk, girls were eyeing me up and down. They were whispering to each other and giggling. I guess I was used to it. I took my shades out of my back pocket and put it on, even if it was night time. Girls cooed. I think I heard a girl snap a picture of me on her phone. Creepy.

 

 

        If girls looked at me as if they were dying for me to asked them out, then I don't get why Jiyeon don't feel the same. Is she tired of me? Why am I keep on thinking otherwise? I breathed in the air and continued to walk. 

 

 

        As I stopped upon the green light, I gazed up at the luxurious restaurant. I've been there a couple of times for family purposes. It was definitely to die for. I glanced at the window and squinted. Is that Jiyeon? ... and Baekhyun? I could feel the tension building up. Then I went out of control. I took off my shades and took a couple steps forward even if the green light is still beaming. Cars were beeping at me and went around. 

 

 

        I didn't see or hear anything much. My eyes were blurred and my head was hurting even more. But still looking at the window of the restaurant made me want to continue walking even further. 

 

 

        A car kept beeping at me continuously. I looked to my right. The light was blinding my eyes. I placed my hand over my forehead and squinted. Before I know it, I felt a bump of the car. I was flipping and tossed on the car. I couldn't remember much anymore. All I knew was that I was laying on the streets.

 

 

        After laying unconscious for a few seconds, I had one eye opened lightly. It was still blurred, but I saw a familiar face. I believe it was Jiyeon. She was freaking out, maybe about to pass out. I don't know. Because then, I fainted again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter