Second Confession

Confessions

 

My heart melted at his kind words, but my brain tells me to be more conscious. I didn’t want to get tricked by a pretty face again. Even when I fell so hard for him, I couldn’t bring myself to believe him.

So I brushed it off as if it were a joke. A plain cold joke.

In the flattest, most monotone voice, I said, “It’s not Valentine’s Day. Or April Fools.” I chuckled a little at my odd analogy.

 “What do you mean?” He seemed rather surprised.

“Don’t kid around with me,” I warned coldly.

Sungjae looked really confused. “Huh?”

I debated on whether or not to say the sentence that haunted me. His eager eyes seemed to encourage me to go on.

Finally I let out the words I had wanted to keep in. “I know you don’t like me. I’m not the one for you.”

He kept silent. And then soft, low sniffs began to emerge that quickly brought the feeling of regret to run through my blood.

I brought myself to look at my crush. A prickly feeling overcame me when a tear drop dripped out of his eye. He really meant it. I couldn’t bear to look anymore and just ran out of the class, the door slamming shut leaving a harsh slap just as my words had done.  I just made my love cry. I would never be able to forgive myself.

 

I stopped in an empty hall and crouched down against a wall. I felt more pained than ever and shouted at the top of my burdened heart and lungs, echoes carrying throughout the silent hallways. Footsteps slowly paced through the long aisle, but I didn’t care. I got up and kicked the walls and knocked down the garbage can that created a loud bang. Right now, all I needed was to let out my frustration after what I’ve done. All of it.

A pair of arms held me away from the tousled garbage I kicked around. I wanted to elbow whoever it was out of pure anger. But he coaxed me out of the thought. “Don’t do this anymore; you’ll get your shoes all dirty,” Sungjae said gently.

He bent down calmly and, with a napkin, wiped my shoes clean.

I kicked his napkin away with little regret and demanded for an answer to his absurdness. “Why are you doing this?!”

He stood up.  Throwing me a reassuring smile, he said, “I love you, remember? So I’ll always be there for you.”

“That’s not what I mean!” I shouted.

Sungjae let me say no more and sealed his lips against mine.

My heart instantly melted like butter, my feet became jelly when he pressed his soft lips against mine. At first I protested, wanting to say more, but then I gave in. I couldn’t deny the fact that I wanted this. He breaks into a smile against my lips when I fall against his chest in surrender. Just a few seconds of a light interaction was enough to fulfill my lust, but he didn't feel satisfied. He pressed his lips harder against mine, eliciting a yelp. I felt lightheaded yet completely conscious of the moment at the same time. He wraps his arms securely around my waist. Tilting his head at an angle to lengthen the moment.

I pull away with sensitive lips. His were rather chapped and red, so I figured mine wouldn’t be in any better situation.

He grinned. “You’re so beautiful,” he complimented.

I became the coward I once was before. I blushed and bit my lower lip.

Sungjae bit his lip too, sensing my nervousness. Nonetheless, he cheekily smiled and confessed goofily, “I love you. Would you be mine now, beautiful?”