Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody.

Private Practice

Thank you guys so much for all the positive feedback! This story has gotten way more love than I ever expected to get for this little thing that just came to me randomly. I love you all, and I'll try my best to keep you guys happy! :D

Also, I think this story somehow came from the fact that I, myself, am terrible at math. I need a tutor too. T~T Wouldn't it just be amazing if Choi Minho was actually my tutor? I'd have straight A's! Bahaha. ^^

Okay, Savvy, stop rambling and get back to the story!

~~~~~~~

(Taemin's POV)

The next day, I walk home from school quickly. Straight home, I should add. Usually after school Key umma gives me free reign as long as home by six o'clock, when it gets dark and appa is on his way home from work. But today is different. Everyday will be different.

I don't stop for ice cream at that little shop in the square. I don't take the long way home through the train station and across the other side of town. I don't answer Jonghyun, my best friend, when he screams after me about hanging out with him and getting some banana milk. , I love banana milk.

But I'm just that damn determined. Just that damn serious about this whole thing.

I arrive home and kick off my shoes immediately, opening the door and closing it loud enough for umma to know I'm home. I hang my jacket in the hall and walk to the living room, where Key umma is seated on the couch, talking excitedly to someone on the phone.

"-cannot thank you enough. Okay, then, see you soon! Goodbye!"

Key umma hangs up the phone and smiles brightly at me. "Hey, yeobo! Are you ready for today? I was just on the phone with the tutor. He's so excited to meet you."

I smile a little bit and nod. "We took some notes today in class. Maybe he can help me understand them."

"I'm sure he will," umma gets up from the couch and kisses my head. "Can I get you anything?"

"Banana milk," I request, setting my schoolbag down on the table.

Key umma chuckles and ruffles my hair. "You and your banana milk."

The doorbell rings.

"Oh, that's him!" Key umma walks into the hallway, fixing his hair before answering the door.

I look down, adjusting my outfit as I listen to umma and the tutor chat in the hallway. What the hell? I am definitely Key umma's child. I smile to myself at my own stupidity. I won't be stupid much longer, though. I'm going to be smart. I'm going to be appreciated. I'm going to-

"Taemin, baby? This is Choi Minho, your new tutor."

I freeze, looking over at the tall man standing next to Key umma. He's wearing a maroon sweater that clings to his torso and a pair of jeans that are as tight as Jonghyun's usually are. His hair is short, jet black, with bangs hitting just above his perfectly sculpted eyebrows. His eyes are dark but interesting as he gazes over at me in a way that feels so criminal. And his skin? Flawless. Absolutelely flawless.

"Nice to meet you, Taemin," the perfect boy speaks with a voice so low and clear, it sends chills down my spine.

All I can manage to do is nod politely and bow slightly. What is this feeling I'm feeling right now? Intimidation?

"Minho here just graduated from school last year. He was top in his class and he's pretty sure he can cure you of your math issues," Key umma explains, beaming at the tall boy.

"Hey, I can tell by your uniform that you go to Yobo, am I right? That's the school I graduated from just last spring," Choi Minho says with a smile.

"Yeah?" How am I even speaking right now? "Weird how I've never seen you around. I'm only a sophomore, though."

"Guess it's just because we didn't have any classes together," the tutor chuckles before turning back to Key umma."May I sit?"

"Absolutely!" Key umma seems completely and totally smitten with Mr. Choi Minho, as he usually is with guests. "Make yourself at home! Would you like any tea? Taemin usually prefers flavored milk..."

"Flavored milk? Do you happen to have strawberry?"

My eyes widen. Nobody really likes strawberry milk except for Key umma. Strawberry milk is truly for a different breed of person.

Umma blinks and flashes me a smile. What? What is that I-know-something-you-don't-know smile for?

"Yes, we do. I'll go grab some from the kitchen," and then Key umma walks out.

Suddenly, it's awkward. I feel Choi Minho's eyes on me again, and I drop my gaze to my feet, not wanting to speak. What am I? A preteen girl in the same room with her middle school crush?

"So, Taemin," the older guy says as he sits down on the couch. "You have trouble with math, yeah?"

I nod. "Yes, Choi-ssi."

Choi Minho laughs, sending more chills down my spine. "You don't have to be all formal. Just call me Minho."

I nod again. "Minho hyung."

Minho shakes his head with a smile. "Just Minho. For God sakes, I'm only a year or so older than you."

I swallow hard and scratch awkwardly at my nose. What is my problem? I keep asking myself these questions, but I can't find the answers! Nothing makes sense right now!

"I don't bite, you know. You can come sit down," Minho smirks like he's actually amused as he pats the spot on the couch next to him.

I meet Minho's gaze and fake a small smile, sitting down on the couch. So awkward.

"So math? Not hard at all. Once you know all the rules, procedures, and exceptions, it's super easy," Minho starts talking, and I try my best to keep eye contact with him. His eyes are so intimidating. "What is it you have the most trouble with?"

"Everything," I breathe.

Minho laughs. "Well, you know simple math, right? What's five plus four?"

"Nine." Too easy.

"Five minus four?"

"One." What the hell?

"Five times four?"

"Twenty." Oh my God.

"Five divided by four?"

My breath catches as I furrow my eyebrows and think for a moment. "Is that even possible?"

Minho chuckles again. "Kind of. If you divide five by four, you get a decimal. But most teachers will ask you to keep it in fraction form, which would just be five over four."

I stare at Minho, dumbfounded. How could someone so gorgeous be so smart?

Wait. What?!

"So, you know simple math," Minho notes, pulling some paper and a pencil from out of my schoolbag. Who said he could go in there? "Can you think of anything that you'd like a lesson on?"

"Pepperongorea theorem."

"What?"

Did I stutter? "Pepperongorea theorem."

Minho blinks and stares at me. "Umm...Pythagorean theorem?"

I narrow my eyes. "Isn't that what I said?"

"You're just too cute, Taemin," Minho chuckles, ruffling my hair.

My cheeks are SO RED. I can feel them!

"Here you go, my lovelies," Key umma finally re-enters the room with a banana milk in one hand and a strawberry milk in the other. "How's the math going?"

How do you think it's going, Umma? I'm being tutored in math by a y beast! And he just fricken called me cute!

"I'm about to teach Taemin Pythagorean theorem. Would you like to stick around?" Minho offers, bowing his head a little in thanks for the milk.

"Sorry, honey, but I gotta fix dinner," Key umma says, kissing my cheek and handing me my milk. "I'll come check on you guys later, okay?"

Minho and I both nod as Key umma walks out, fixing his hair the entire time.

"Your umma is so sweet, Taemin. You're really lucky to have him," Minho stares over at the place where umma just was. "He seems so supportive of you."

"He is," I answer quietly. "He's the only one that knows of my trouble in math. My teachers don't know, my best friend doesn't know...not even my dad knows."

"Why are you keeping it a secret?" Minho asked, picking at the seal on his milk container. Why was he being so nosy?

I swallow. "I'm supposed to be a smart, brilliant kid. I'm supposed to have top scores in everything. And I do. But math is the subject I have difficulty in. Numbers give me this total mental block. Both of my parents graduated at the top of their class. I can't help but feel like I disappoint them on a regular basis."

Minho blinks, and I take a deep breath. I have never told anyone all my inner thoughts like that. Why was I telling Minho? He's so nosy! And I just met him!

"I think you should tell people," Minho's voice cuts through my thoughts. "The more people that know, the more help you can get. But your secret's safe with me."

I look up and smile at Minho, and he meets my eyes, smiling back. We sit like that for a while, gazing at each other. I feel my entire body heat up.

"So...Pythagorean theorem?" Minho clears his throat, bringing us back down to Earth.

"Yes, Pythagorean theorem," I say, averting my gaze from Minho as I reach down and pick up my pencil.

Pabo! What is wrong with you? Are you really falling for your tutor?

~~~~~~

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! (Look at me. Sounding like a Super Junior song! T~T)

It's terrible. It is. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for the wait. Maybe the next part will be better? ^^;;