Helpless Grey Clouds

Even Clouds Disappear

 

The roads were crowded with cars and people that stood one behind another. They were all waiting impatiently to enter the café. The loud city night life didn’t bother them but it did bother Kyuhyun. Everything about the situation bothered him. The long line of fans, the annoying honks and beeps of cars, and the fact that he hadn’t seen his favorite hyung in weeks bothered Kyuhyun immensely.  He pushed his way through the long line that stretched from the entrance of the popular café to probably the fifth traffic light down the street. Fans growled and snapped at him thinking he was just some stranger cutting in line. The thought of Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior under the baseball cap and behind those sunglasses never crossed their minds as they pushed and shoved the singer. Kyuhyun ignored them all and pushed his way to the front entrance of Mobbit Café. The scent of coffee immediately hit him in the face as he opened the door and walked up to the counter. The singer currently looked like a mess. Eyeliner was slightly smeared and the only thing it outlined was the bats under his eyes as evidence he had restless nights because of some certain worries. Kyuhyun’s hair was messy and he looked extremely exhausted like he had flown across the world in a rush, which he had. It was all for one certain person, that one person who made him worry and leave the Super Show 5 tour so quickly he had left half of his belongings back in the hotel with the rest of the Super Junior members. Now, he was here to set things straight and knock some sense into the idiot. There he stood, oblivious to his new visitor, and uncaring of others feelings.

“Gimme a chocolate chip frappe, a chocolate kiss, and an explanation.” Kyuhyun ordered, his eyes trained onto the cashier who had a black beanie pulled over his black hair. He had thick frame glasses that were perched on his nose while he stared at the cash register screen not even noticing who his customer was.

“Chocolate chip frappe…chocolate kis-“ he read off the order and froze before timidly glancing up.  His heart was racing since he was now fully aware of the customer who would order something like a chocolate kiss and an explanation.

“Well Jongwoon, am I going to get my order?” Kyuhyun was practically the only one, besides family members, that called him Jongwoon. Yesung of course was what he was usually what people called him. They both stayed still as Yesung gulped. Trouble, he gave himself a whole lot of trouble and when someone is in trouble with Kyuhyun, it’s not pretty. Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed at the silence. This was exactly why he flew back to Seoul, to see Yesung feel guilty. He should feel guilty.

“Hurry up and order!” the customers waiting in line screeched at Kyuhyun who ignored them and went around the counter stopping on the other side in front of Yesung. He was going to clear up the fog and figure out what was going on in that bobby head of Yesung’s. Grabbing the smaller male’s wrist, Kyuhyun dragged Yesung to the back of Mobbit and into the empty employee’s locker room. He propped him up onto the counter that had cabinets above it which held cleaning supplies. The lights were off, no one bothered to turn them on they were too caught up with each other and what Yesung was going to say. The scent of coffee and mint wafted itself through Kyuhyun’s nostrils as he gripped the counter, one hand on each side of Yesung’s thighs, and leaned closer to the male. Even with Yesung sitting on the counter, Kyuhyun was still pretty tall. The top of head came up to Yesung’s nose, if he just tilted his chin upwards a bit, their lips would meet. Yesung’s heart raced, he was scared of how angry Kyuhyun probably was but his heart also raced from the feeling of Kyuhyun’s arm that was brushing his and the smell of tangerines that came from the younger.

“Explain.” Kyuhyun demanded, tilting his chin up a bit to gaze deeply into Yesung’s eyes. His bangs fell over his eyes a bit making them seem darker than usual.

“Explain what?” Yesung muttered not being able to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes. They had been separated for a month almost, due to the Super Show but that wasn’t the only factor that made the situation odd. Kyuhyun had never been so intimate with him before, sure they had kissed once accidentally backstage of the KRY Winter Concert, but that was only because Yesung’s Santa Claus outfit wouldn’t come off and with Kyuhyun’s help they landed in an awkward state. And besides the kiss there were the added on fanservice but that’s just what it was, fan service. Why would Kyuhyun fly all the way across the world, back to Seoul, just to see Yesung?

“Your choice of a private enlistment.” Kyuhyun pointed out as he waited for an answer. Right after a super show performance in South America he had been minding his own business backstage when the news suddenly popped up on allkpop.com, and even the managers were screaming it. It had slapped Kyu in the face and sent him running back to Seoul. Yesung can’t enlist privately; Super Junior can’t miss seeing his face one last time before he goes to training. Kyuhyun can’t face the goodbye without a spoken one.

“I…didn’t want to be a burden. You guys are too busy with the Super Show I didn’t want to bother you making you fly back to Korea just for me.” Yesung hung his head, ashamed that he would even have selfish thoughts of Super Junior seeing him off for enlistment and making them more tired. He was ashamed he would even have selfish thoughts of having Kyuhyun say farewell particularly.

“Well, don’t you think it’s a little too late now? You’re enlisting tomorrow and guess where I am.” The younger smirked as Yesung looked at him apologetically.

“Why did you come anyways? You have a Super Show to be at.” Yesung felt bad it was his fault that Kyuhyun had flown all the way to Seoul. What if the managers yelled at him or the fans threw a fit.

“I guess I’m not welcomed here. I should just go back and sit on the plane for a few more hours then.” Pushing himself away from the counter Kyuhyun turned to leave slowly until he felt small, warm hands grasp his wrist. A grin stretched across his face as he felt the hand slide into his and was cupped with the other hand, the small fingers holding onto it so tightly.

“Tell me the real reason for the private enlistment.” He turned around to see Yesung’s head hung again and his shoulder shaking. Knowing the male was crying Kyuhyun wanted to rush over and comfort him but he was angry at him, why would he comfort him? Not until Yesung explained the enlistment. Waiting in the silence all that was heard was Yesung’s small sniffles. Kyuhyun swept his arm up making Yesung’s hands fall away from his.

“It seems even that hyung can’t even tell me things on his last day.” He growled and walked to the door. How much he wanted to turn back but his ego had gotten the best of him. He was angry that Yesung would keep Super Junior and Kyuhyun away from him on his last day as Super Junior Yesung. Weren’t they close? Couldn’t they tell each other anything? Weren’t they always there to comfort each other? What was the difference now!?

“I’m scared!” the hoarse voice spoke out stopping Kyuhyun in his tracks, his hand resting on the door knob.

“I’m scared that when Super Junior sees me off, that when you see me off, I wouldn’t be able to say goodbye.” Yesung whispered the last word before he fell into sniffles again. Kyuhyun turned around slowly as his eyes softened at the sight of Yesung crying helplessly. The older never shed tears, well he always tried to hide it in front of his dongsaengs. He always appeared strong. A helpless Yesung was so rare to see.

“I’m not looking for comfort, I’m not looking for attention so don’t think that’s why I’m crying in front of yo-“ Yesung stopped talking once he looked up to see Kyuhyun standing in front of him again. He could feel him there before he even looked up. He stood with his body pressed against the counter between Yesung’s legs.

“Attention just soak up all the attention I’m giving you now.” Kyuhyun muttered and the next thing he knew, Yesung buried his face in Kyuhyun’s shoulder while his hands tightened themselves around a bundle of Kyuhyun’s thin v-neck shirt. He cried until he couldn’t produce anymore tears and allowed all of his fears to pour out. The enlistment had been haunting him for so long making Yesung worry about everything. He worried about Super Junior, about his fans, about his family, about his pets, about himself, but most of all he worried about that special feeling he always got whenever Kyuhyun would stand too close to him. It was like a fluttery feeling in the stomach as if butterflies turned his insides into chaos. He had always tried to hide it, to hide that feeling and all of his fears from everyone but the sight of Kyuhyun running back to see him, snapped him. It was no use. Secretly, he wanted all the members including Kyuhyun to be there when he enlists but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“Who are you?” Kyuhyun asked sternly pulling away from Yesung and cupping his face with his hands. His shirt was now stained with tears and wrinkled from Yesung who kept tugging on it to relieve his stress; in fact he was still holding onto it. It made him feel safer.

“Kim Jongwoon.” Yesung whispered as he looked at Kyuhyun with teary eyes.

“Who are you?” the taller male repeated.

“Yesung.”

“And who am I?”

“Someone that lost is memory on the people around him?” Kyuhyun chuckled slightly at Yesung’s answer before repeating the question.

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

“What are we part of?” Yesung felt a smile begin to tug on his lips at Kyuhyun’s idiotic questions.

“Super Junior.” He answered quietly.

“And what are we part of!?” Kyuhyun raised his voice.

“Super Junior!!!” Yesung screamed and was smiling uncontrollably now. Kyuhyun always knew how to cheer him up.

“And what are we?” the last sentence caught Yesung by surprise. Kyuhyun was quiet and waited for the answer, he seemed so serious. Billions of answers ran through Yesung’s head. Acquaintances? No they were much closer than that. Band mates? Possibly more than that. Friends.  The suggestion seemed right to Yesung and he was about to open his mouth to answer when a voice gnawed at the back of his mind. More than friends. He pushed the thought out of his mind. That was impossible. He was leaving tomorrow how could he suddenly suggest something like that?

“Hyung and dongsaeng of course.” Yesung answered instead feeling slightly uncomfortable as Kyuhyun leaned in closer, so close the tip of their noses were touching. Their hearts raced at the touch. Kyuhyun wanted to tell him, to tell Yesung that this dongsaeng has fallen for his hyung. Just then did he realize how much it was. Enlistment was tomorrow but Kyuhyun found himself wanting to hold onto him, just a bit longer. But he couldn’t do that to Yesung. It would just add onto the stress he was carrying already.

“Then don’t worry hyung…you have your dongsaeng here.” He leaned up taking a whiff of coffee and mint in before their lips brushed against each other.

It was just that, a mere touch. But it sent butterflies tumbling in Yesung’s stomach and caused Kyuhyun’s skin to grow hot. It was a mere touch that yearned for more. It felt so wrong to be having such actions between band members…but it felt so right. Kyuhyun pulled away, he shouldn’t have done that. His emotions had overwhelmed him, the kiss didn’t mean anything. It was only a kiss a dongsaeng would give a hyung…right? But those lips returned shyly, pressing against Kyuhyun’s taking the breath away from him. Seconds later and Kyuhyun’s hands were pulling Yesung closer by the waist while Yesung’s arms hugged his neck tightly. He didn’t want to let go. This was the exact reason why the enlistment was announced private because it would be too hard to say goodbye. And Kyuhyun knew it from the flutter from his heart telling him two years was a painful and long wait, yet one that was worth it especially if it was Yesung. He didn’t want this feeling to disappear, not now, not ever.



panda: sorry if its crappy i wuv my kyusung and i just wanna smush em together like rite nao espicially since yesung really is technically enlisting like nao TT TT must not think about it TT^TT