Chapter 2: Heartbeat

Far Away

"rrrrrnnggg!"

The alarm clock woke me up. I looked at the clock and it says '7:30am'. Its still early so I decided to go downstairs and cook breakfast.

if you noticed, I am living alone. Alone as in no annoying siblings, no bossy father, no nagging mother but dont get me wrong, I love my family. Just describing them. Anyways, I moved out of my parents house when I reached the age of 23. They supported me and even bought me a house for myself. My best friend, Hangeng-also known as Hankyung, sometimes sleeps here and often visits me (always actually). Every Saturday, my group holds a special gathering at Anleekan Cafe at 9 in the morning.

Speaking of Saturdays, what day is it today? oh,yeah! Fudge! its Saturday!

I checked the time and it informed me that I have been staring at the fridge for fifteen minutes. Now, I only have 45 minutes to prepare since Hangeng always picks me up at 8:30.

I took out the cereal box from the kitchen cabinet and prepared my breakfast. This is how I cook breakfast, I dont cook. Its a waste of time and well, i'm too lazy to cook. (I cook ramen though)

I hurriedly ate my cereal and took a bath. Now, I only have 15 minutes left but I dont know what to wear. I rummaged through my clothes but a phone call interrupted me. "Hello?" "Chullie!"

"Hannie!'

"I'm on my way now. Just wanted to tell you that," he stated and I widened my eyes. Holy fudge! i'm not yet dressed! maybe I should just go there with my bathrobe on, I look awesome in anything I wear though even if I wear a sack I will still stand out! A shiver went down my spine as the thought entered my mind.

"Hello? Chullie?"

"Oh?! Ah! Hannie! o-okay."

"Okay. Bye!" "Bye." I hang up the phone.

I chose a random top and got my jeans. Me? Choosing random clothes? So not me! 

I put the clothes on and looked at the mirror. Luckily, I liked the random top that I took. I combed my shoulder-length hair and applied powder to my face. I quickly put on my shoes.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

I know its Hangeng. I got my bag and opened the door. There, stood my best friend, smiling at me. For a moment, my heart thumped loudly really loud that I thought he heard it. I noticed his appearance. His black hair was spiked up. He was wearing eyeglasses and his clothes. His clothes were exactly the same as mine!

His chuckle broke me from the trance I was in.

"We're wearing the same clothes!" he said happily.

I stepped out of the house and locked the door then I faced him. "Yeah, but it looks better on me," I stated as I flipped my hair. He rolled his eyes before he laughed which made me playfully slapped him in the arm. "Lets go or else we will be late." Then I went inside his car.

----------------------------------------------

When we arrived, I mentally counted the cars that i'm very familiar with and realized that we were the last one to arrive.

We went inside and was greeted with a complete silence and widened eyes. "What?" Hangeng asked.

"You're early today," Leeteuk replied as soon as he recovered from shock. I rolled my eyes. "So? what?! its wrong now?! you're all acting like its a miracle that we are!"I complained.

"You bet it is!" Kangin exclaimed.

"Aish! this kid! At least i'm here for my brothers unlike you who's only here for the food!"

"What?! You!"  he pointed at me and I instantly know what's coming next. I immediately ran and hid behind Hangeng. "Hannie! protect me!" Kangin ran and chased me. I used Hangeng as a shield. They chuckled at us then Leeteuk spoke, "Kanginnie, stop it." Unsurprisingly, he immediately stop. Kangin threw me a glare which I gladly returned.

"Heechul hyung! Hankyung hyung! you both look cute," Donghae stated. "I know, Hae-yah," I replied while touching my face. They laughed at my actions but Donghae said something that made us all speechless. "No, hyung. I mean, you two are wearing the exact same clothes. Couple outfit!"

For a minute, there was an awkward silence in the atmosphere. " Ha. ha. ha. Donghae! We did not plan this," Hangeng informed. Donghae's face fell but then lit up."Ah! so, it's destiny then!" I blushed at Donghae's statement. "Hae-yah, we... uhm.. I.. he..." I couldn't form a sentence so I simply said, "No, Hae-yah." Once again, there's an awkward atmosphere around us.

"So... who wants latte?" Leeteuk chose to break the silence followed by "Me"s.

Hangeng took my hand and we sat next to each other. His touch. His touch made my heart beat faster. Maybe I'm just tired or was it from shock? Nevermind.

Soon, Leeteuk came back with our drinks. "So, any latest news?" he asked.

"I have," Eunhyuk answered while Donghae just blushed. "Hae and I are together now!" he said proudly. I grinned widely and went to hug both of them. "Congratulations! My dongsaengs!" I cheered. Everyone took turns in congratulating them.

"Since when?" Sungmin asked. "The day before yesterday," Eunhyuk proudly answered.

Everyone was smiling. It was the perfect time to deliver my short speech. "Yah! Eunhyuk-ah!" I started and everybody immediately shut their mouths. "Everybody knows that Haehae is my favorite dongsaeng. Since you declared he became yours "the day before yesterday", you must know that it's very unforgivable if he shed a tear because of you. Don't-scratch that-never, i repeat never ever break my innocent Haehae's heart, okay?! or else you will face the wrath of the Almighty Kim Heechul." I ended with a grin. Eunhyuk gulped at the last statement but nodded anyway.

"Hyung~" Donghae whined. "Dont threaten him like that, I might lose him and I just got him~" he continued. We all laughed at Donghae's cuteness. "I'm not threatening him okay? I'm just warning him." I repliedd and his cute pout made its appearance on his face.

"Hae hyung?" Kyuhyun asked with a smirk.

"Yes, Kyuhyunnie?"

"You still haven't lost it yet, have you?"

Eunhyuk's jaw dropped and his eyes widen while Donghae turned extremely red and tried to hide behind Eunhyuk. "Yah! Yah! Yah! w-watch your m-mouth K-kyuhyun-ah! Of course he is! what do you think of me?! A complete p-ert?!" the monkey protested.

"Well, maybe" Kyuhyun shrugged and we all broke into laughter. "Let's move on, shall we?" Leeteuk said once he calmed down and as he wipe the sides of his eyes, removing the tears due to so much laughter.

"Well..." Hangeng started. He put an arm around my shoulder. I looked at the hand on my shoulder and back at Hangeng. There. It started again. My heartbeat. It was beating so fast and loud that I'm afraid my chest will explode. I'm scared that he might hear.

"Chullie and I think that we could all go on a vacation! Chullie?" he continued. "Huh? uh? ye-yeah.." I mentally facepalmed myself for stuttering. He smiled at me then pulled his arm off of me. I instantly missed the feeling of his hand on my shoulder but the warmth it gave me a while ago burns my skin.

I dont know what's happening to me! Why am I like this?! I'm not tired and it's definitely not the first time that he did that kind of skinship. I chose to shrug it off and act like nothing happened or nothing's happening.

"Really?!  Where and when?!" Donghae clapped his hands.

Everyone wore their excited faces on. "We think that it would be nice to stay in Jeju for a week," I informed. The room was filled with cheers. I looked at Hangeng and coincidently he also turned to look at me and smiled.

When he smiled, it's like the time stopped and I can't hear anything else other than my fast-beating heart. I felt like there was no one else but the two of us. I dont know why but it feels great.

I know I didn't smile back and that I need to go back to reality but I can't. My heart was beating so fast and loud. It made me afraid that it will jump out of my chest. It made me afraid that the man who caused this might hear and what scared me the most was.............everything felt right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually kind of forgot that I have this story :(
I haven't rechecked it so feel free to tell me if there was any mispelled words
And i know I'm not good in grammar so no need to emphasize that. :) 

Xoxo <3