I met him in a cafe.

That's What You Think

"Hey babe!" I walked into our condo to see a girl sitting on WooHyun's lap. He kissed her neck. I dropped my groceries on the floor. He turned around and so did that damn girl.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"The girlfriend of that jerk and the owner of this condo. Get out." I pointed to the door and a tear came down my face.

"I'm not leaving until my boyfriend tells me to." She said and exagerated the 'my'.

"Did I not make it clear? My home and you're not welcome. It's trespassing. Now get out and take your boyfriend with you. He's not welcome into my home." I took his jacket from the coat hanger and threw it outside.

"Hey that was mine." WooHyun walked over to the jacket and picked it up.

"Your trash. I'm helping you take it out. Now you girl, get out!" I screamed at her and she just looked at me with an attitude.

"I'm not leaving." I pulled out my phone and dialed 119.

"I have a jerk and a in my house and they won't leave." I told the lady.

"I'm your boyfriend not a jerk. More like a player." He smirked.

"Yes a . I meant a boy who wants to be a man at my door step." I corrected myself.

"Babe." He patted my shoulder. I just elbowed him.

"Kiss my you man hor. Take your with you." I snapped.

"Oppa she called me a ." The girl did aegyo all of a sudden.

"Wow. I thought you like noonas. You like all around. Young or old." I walked towards the girl and she came closer to me.

"Ugly. That's the reason he wants me." She laughed. I slapped her. She held her face.

"Respect shouldn't be taught at such an old age. I have to show you something." I went to WooHyun's room. I pulled out one of the little books he always tries to hide. "I bet there are plenty of girls in here.

"Jenny?" The girl read.

"It says she's an A." I read.

"That's my sister." She glared at WooHyun. He just shrugged.

"I got game. It's not my fault." He chuckled.

"You bastard!" She charged at him. They fought outside and I just slammed the door and slid down the door. I wept for hours. It's already 6pm; I heard there's open mic at the cafe. I walked over to the bathroom and washed my face and left with no make-up. I walked about 20 minutes and sat down on the empty table. I listened to the sweetest voice ever. I actually felt better for that brief time. Once it was over, I felt as if I can break at anytime.

"Hey are you okay?" The guy who was singing before came over to me.

"Not really." I answered.

"Want to tell me? I'm all ears. By the way, I'm JiHoon." He held out his hand and I took it. we shook hands and I told him the story.

"What a jerk. I need to give him a wet willy." He said.

"I know." I chuckled.

"Oh! You're laughing." He clapped for himself.

"I did. Thanks for the fun. I have to g-"

"Sorry, but I have to go to the boy's room. I've been holding it for forever. Be right back." He got up and ran to the restroom. I took out a pen and wrote on my coffee stained napkin. Name's Amy, but you can call me Ailee. I walked out of the cafe and looked inside to see JiHoon smiling and walking towards the table. I kept walking when I heard the bell chime signalling the door opened.

"Ailee!" He called. I turned around.

"Let's be friends. Can I see your phone?" He grinned. This guy sure is happy. It must be the Christmas feeling.

"Here you go." I gave him my phone and he gave me his.

"I see you took pictures of me while I was singing." He laughed.

"I see you took a picture of me getting coffee." I remarked.

"Caught. You're gorgeous." He smiled widely and made me blush.

"Let's go eat dinner. I see you only had coffee like I did."

"I don't usually do this, but sure. I'd like that." We took a bus to a small restaurant in downtown Seoul.

"Been here before?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Never. I like it though." He took a seat on the booth. I sat beside him.

"So what do you want to eat?" I pointed to the wall menu.

"You order." He put his elbows on the table and watched the cartoons playing. He saw a little girl who was just looking up at the TV. He picked her up.

"Doesn't your neck hurt from looking up so high?" He tickled the girl. She nodded. He just propped her on his neck and they watched TV together.

"You would be a good dad." I told.

"I guess. Hey where's your mommy?" He asked the little girl.

"Mollayo." She shrugged.

"Appa?" She shrugged and answered the same thing.

"Where do you live?" I asked.

"Over there." She pointed to the orphanage across the street and kept her eyes on Pororo.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. She nodded and shook her bag. She only 3 chips in it.

"Yogiyo! 2 jajangmyeon and mondu!" I ordered.

"Nae agassi." They cooked up the food and she ate up the dumplings cutely.

"Time to go home." I said and JiHoon wouldn't let go of the girl.

"I want to keep her!" He whined.

"Don't whine to me." I giggled.

"I guess you have to go back now, but I'll visit you everyday." JiHoon brought her back to the orphange.

"Want to walk to the cherry blossoms?" I asked and he just sadly waved bye to JiYu, the girl.

"Sure." He walked beside me and then WooHyun approached me.

"I'm not the only player am I? You had another boyfriend."

"He's n-"

"Is it her fault for finding someone better? Now it's time for us to leave." He held my hand and we walked away.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Anything. Do you want to visit her with me? I meant JiYu at around lunch. I'm sure she would want to see her. i know how lonely it is in orphanages.

"Were you an orphan?" I asked.

"Yeah." He answered sheepishly.

"Me too. I was an asp-"

"You were the aspiring ballerina!" He jumped.

"How did you know?" I questioned.

"You don't remember me? I'm the boy who always played with trains."

"Oh my gosh!" I hugged him tightly.

"I can't breathe." I said and she let go and apologized.

"I never thought I would meet you again. And to answer your question. Sure I would love to."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been 4 years and JiHoon and I are married. I'm a barren, so I want to adopt JiYu. I have $ 50,000 for her. I'm on my way now to the orphanage.

"Can I see JiYu please?" I asked the ahjumma.

"She's currently no longer in this orphanage. She was just adopted by a man not too long ago." She answered. My heart sunk.

"Omma!" I heard JiYu scream. She's 8 now. I turned around to see JiYu holding JiHoon's hand.

"Surprise!" He grinned. My eyes grew and my heart stopped. Gosh, I love you JiHoon.