Chapter 4

Please Don't Forget Me (DISCONTINUED)

 

1. Sunggyu came into the hospital room with a box of chocolates while Dongwoo was playing a card game with Myungoo.
 
"Oh, hey hyung." Myungsoo said, glancing up over at Sunggyu. "What do you have there?" 
 
"These? They're for Dongwoo." Sunggyu said, extending the box of chocolate to Dongwoo.
 
Dongwoo sat a lil awe-struck, staring at the box of chocolate. "Chincha?" Sunggyu nodded his head, a blank expression written across his face. Dongwoo bit his lip, and took it hesitantly. 
 
"Ah, kamsahamnida, Sunggyu-hyung." Dongwoo said, smiling slightly as he took the box of chocolate from Sunggyu, a faint blush sprayed across his face. And as Sunggyu turned to leave the room, he can clearly hear Dongwoo say, "Myungsoo, let's eat together!"
 
--
 
2. Dongwoo was with Myungsoo, obviously, as they played on the iPad together in his hospital room. Sunggyu came into the room and nonchalantly started walking from one end of the room to the other, alway stopping right infront of Dongwoo to look at him, and then continued his walk.
 
It was about the tenth time Sunggyu stopped in front of Dongwoo, and before he could turn around to start walking again, Dongwoo questioned him.
 
"Um, hyung? What are you doing?"
 
Sunggyu turned to face Dongwoo, a slightly confused expression playing across his face. "Oh, I'm sorry. Don't you believe in love at first sight, Dongwoo-ah? Or should I walk by once again?"
 
And when the words finally sunk into Dongwoo's brain, and he heard Myungsoo choke on his own saliva upon hearing those words come out of Sunggyu's mouth, Dongwoo couldn't help but have a goofy smile playing across his lips, looking away from Sunggyu as he felt his cheeks warm up slightly.
 
--
 
3. The next day, Dongwoo was accompanied with Woohyun this time. Dongwoo whined that he wanted Myungsoo with him, claiming he'd make Myungsoo fall for Dongwoo one way or another. But Woohyun shushed him up and they just spent the day talking.
 
Right before Woohyun was about to get up and leave, Sunggyu came limping in, his knee badly scraped as blood dripped down from the open wounds.
 
Dongwoo's eyes widen a bit, as Woohyun yelled, "Aigo, Sunggyu-ah, what happened?!"
 
Sunggyu just shook his head at Woohyun and looked straight at Dongwoo.
 
"Do you have a band-aid?" Sunggyu asked Dongwoo, staring him straight in the eye, and Dongwoo involuntarily shook his head no.
 
"Aish, Gyu I have-" But Woohyun was cut off by Sunggyu.
 
"Because I just scraped my knee falling for you."
 
Woohyun just stared at Sunggyu, mouth opened in the shape of an "O". Dongwoo blinked once. Twice. And he started laughing.
 
"Seriously, I need a band-aid."
 
--
 
4. Dongwoo was with Woohyun again the next day, but this time he didn't whine about the absence of Myungsoo. Woohyun brought some ice cream for Dongwoo and they sat there eating.
 
Sunggyu walked into the hospital room and handed Dongwoo a dictionary.
 
Dongwoo looked up, his eyes questioning him. He took the dictionary, and tilted his head slightly.
 
"You add meaning to my life."
 
And with that Woohyun choked on his ice cream, Dongwoo just sat there giggling, blushing like crazy.
 
 
"What?" Woohyun gasped, as he tried to clear his throat from the ice cream.
 
--
 
5. Woohyun didn't want to go visit Dongwoo anymore, fear of finding Sunggyu with one of his weird pick up lines or gifts. Myungsoo decided to accompany Dongwoo, and Dongwoo was completely fine with that. Myungsoo noticed the way Dongwoo wasn't clinging onto him anymore, and he heard stories of Sunggyu's corny pick up line.
 
Myungsoo and Dongwoo were reading a magazine together, when in came Sunggyu, carrying a bunch of pencils.
 
"Here, Dongwoo-ah." Sunggyu said, smiling, handing over the pencils to Dongwoo. Dongwoo took them, and frowned.
 
"But hyung-"
 
"Life without you would be like a broken pencil--pointless."
 
And yes, those pencils were all broken.
 
--
 
After that, Sunggyu never visited Dongwoo again. Woohyun and Myungsoo noticed the way Dongwoo would check the door, eager to see if Sunggyu was going to visit again.
 
It's only three more days until Dongwoo's released from the hospital. He began to remember partial things from before, like how he and Myungsoo were neighbors, and how Woohyun would sign love songs to Dongwoo whenever they go out for karaoke. But Dongwoo never remembered anything dealing with Sunggyu.
 
--
 
It's been four days since Sunggyu's last visit, and Dongwoo was alone in his room when Sunggyu came in. Dongwoo was playing on his phone, and looked up to find Sunggyu's face scrunched up in disgust.
 
"Ew, Dongwoo-ah did you just fart?" Sunggyu questioned, pinching his nose closed.
 
Dongwoo frowned and opened his mouth to protest, until Sunggyu cut him off.
 
"Because you just blew me away."
 
And with that Sunggyu tried his best to make it seem as though he was being blown away, making his way out of the room, his body flailing around like a leaf.
 
Dongwoo couldn't stop laughing, and just shook his head.
 
"This was my boyfriend, huh?"