Chapter 1

Debt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Zico"
 
Zico recognized the voice and slightly smiled, there was no need to turn around. Yes it was Kyung's voice, a voice he loved to hear, his best friends voice. Zico raised hand and did a peace sign as if acknowledging Kyung's greeting.
 
Kyung  walked over to Zico sitting next to him on the roof. "What're you doing here again?" Kyung asked pushing his best friends shoulder in a playful way. Zico smirked.
"Want one?" Zico asked and offered one of his cigarettes.  "Sure" Kyung simply answered, grabbing the cigarette and liltting it, he took a bloss and looked up to the blue sky. 
 
"Why aren't you in class?" Zico asked, slightly turning his head meeting Kyung's face. "I alreay knew everything that teacher was teaching" Kyung chuckled. 
Zico smiled and nodded to himself before taking another bloss, dragging deadly smoke into his lungs.
 
"You looked better in your brown hair though, what's with this blonde hair man?" Kyung randomly said chuckling at the same time.
 
"Aish! just shut up you idiot" 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyung had always been a good student, he had high grades and never let his parents down, therefore the teachers couldn't touch him whatever trouble he caused. All his parents ever cared for was his grades, as long as he had the highest grades he could do whatever he wanted. However Zico didn't share Kyung's intelligence, well he wasn't stupid, he was pretty much smart himself but he just didn't care about his grades anymore like he used to, he was a lazy teen who only wanted to be alone, often with his best friend Kyung. His friend wasn't selfish, he helped Zico a lot and had been telling him to study, but it was obvious that Zico just couldn't do it, he didn't want to and that meant that he simply wouldn't do it. 
 
Zico and Kyung had known each other since the 5th grade, their parents went along great and soon even they became friends, that's before Zico made Kyung addicted to alcohol and cigarettes. Well at least it wasn't on purpose, Kyung could make his own choices.  
 
Zico himself was an innocent boy with good grades before he got to drink for the first time in 7th grade, his drink drugged. After that day Zico had slightly changed, he constantly wanted to drink the liquid that made him feel so good, that made him feel so free from his parents and all the press of having a good education. What was the point of it all anyway? You'll study for twenty years and then you have to work until you die. Why did he have to do that? He was in charge for himself and no one else. 
 
 
The first time his parents caught him smoking on the balcony in the 8th grade, the house turned into a screaming mess. His mother hitting him on the back repeatingly, yelling "Are you crazy!?" Zico had covered his face and walked past his mother only to bump into his father. He had looked up and locked with eyes with his dad, never seen him angrier in his whole life. His father's teeth were gritted in anger and his fist flew into Zico's face making his son fall down hard on the floor covering his face in pain. His father had started to kick him with all the strength he possibly had, Zico's mother just stood there watching her son crawl into a ball protecting him from his father's furious kicks. 
 
When the beating was over Zico's father harshly grabbed his son's arm and throwed him out of the house making Zico fall down hard on the cold cement ground. "Don't you ever come back here again! You're dishonoring our family!" He yelled as he shutted the door with a loud bang. Zico was shocked, all this for a cigarette? did his family abandon him simply because of a cigarette? Just the thought of it made him cry, he sat on the ground outside his house and sobbed.
 
It didn't take long before his mother came out of the house tossed him a jacket and turned around again. "Leave Jiho" she said before coldly closing the door. Where the hell was he supposed to leave? you mom.
 
He could ask his brother Taewoon to come and let him live at his place. But Taewoon had a girlfriend and Zico didn't feel like meeting his brother. He looked through his phone and sobbed Kyung's name. 
 
He had called him with shaky fingers. "K-kyung… my… my parents kicked me out can I… come to your place? please?" his voice obviously holding back his sobs. "come" Zico felt a strong relief and closed his eyes. "Thank you" He had started to sob through the phone, unable to hold back his gratitude towards Kyung. "Don't cry Zico… come on now… bring your lazy over here"
 
Kyung had warmly invited his friend when he opened the door. It was autumn and he could hear Zico shattering his teeth because of the cold weather. The older's parents both worked at night leaving their house all to his son, which could be nice sometimes. 
 
Zico had spent the night at Kyung's house explaining what had happened. Kyung was always beside him comforting him telling him to not worry so much, well that was easy for him to say. Kyung had brought up an mattress for Zico to sleep on but Zico pouted and looked at Kyung with an innocent look. "What?" Kyung raised his eyebrows. "I don't want to sleep alone…" Zico weakly protested looking down on the mattress. "Fine, sleep next to me?" Zico had immediately jumped into Kyung's bed smiling widely and dragging Kyung into the bed.
 
Kyung was used to this, everybody in school was scared of Zico, holding a distance from him, however this was the real Zico, the only thing he wanted was to feel loved and to feel comforted. The reason he had the gangster image was because he was a magnet to trouble, he had been in in many, many fights and now no one dared to provoke him, at least not in his school. He had to hold that image, if he would show his real side he would get jumped on immediately. It was better this way.
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, Zico did you see that new chick that started in our class today?" Kyung asked changing subject.
 
"No" he simply replied
 
"She's hot, she has really big " Kyung massaged his chest area and gave Zico a seductively look causing the both males to burst out in laughter. "Just ing kill yourself" Zico laughed out giving Kyung a tiny push on the shoulder. "You wouldn't be able to live without me" Kyung smirked.
 
"Don't go deep on me" Zico snorted.
 
Kyung chuckled leaning back at his elbows. "Hey Zico, that girl is going to a party tonight, wanna go?"
 
"Where" Zico looked at Kyung.
 
"At Yongguk's, it's not in his house but it's in his territory, outside somewhere" Kyung throwed his cigarette over the railing.
 
"Who the is Yongguk?" Zico frowned.
 
"I don't know much about him but I heard he's a drug dealer and that he is the boss in his gang, according to people he's a scary dude. I think he's two years older than us."
 
"Yeah right, it's all just talk. Hey Kyung how about we see who gets that girl first?" Zico smirked at Kyung challenging him.
 
"You're going to regret it" Kyung shrugged his shoulders.
 
"I guess We'll see" Zico shrugged back.
 
 
Zico and Kyung were two boys with similarities and differences, however they worked together.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------
 
 
 
 
I'm sorry that this chapter is pretty short :/ I promise they following chapters will get longer, however please comment you honest thoughts and wait for the next chapter :) thanks for commenting and subscribing :*