Acacia.

If it takes 100 flowers to win your love, that's what I'll do.

The symbolic meanings of acacia flowers are friendship, secret love, beauty in retirement and chaste love. Yellow acacia flowers symbolize secret love. 


Chung Ae's P.O.V.

It all started the day I received a random boquet of beautiful, yellow flowers on the doormat of my apartment building. I had been woken up by my friend, Hea Jung, who told me there was a suprise at the front door, and that it was for me. I blinked my eyes several times, trying to adjust to the sunlight peeking through my rose pink curtians, and sat up in my large bed. I stretched lightly, letting out a soft yawn, and slowly crawled out of bed. I dragged myself down the stairs, and over to the door, opening it with a small creak. I looked around, but there was no one in sight, and I wrinkled my nose in confusion. I looked down, seeing an arrangment of flowers laying on the doormat. I gasped quietly, covering my mouth, and knelt down, picking them up from the ground.

I turned them around in my hand, studying the flowers that looked like bright yellow cotton balls. They were arranged into a beautiful boqouet, a light blue bow tied around them, and I noticed a white card stuck in the middle of them. I reached in, pulling it out gently, and being careful not to mess up the flowers. On the back, there was the single letter, "H", and I furrowed my eyes. I turned the card over, and on the back was a note in perfect cursive.

Chung Ae,

This is the Acacia flower.

It stands for my concealed love.

I wrinkled my nose in confusion, My concealed love? I thought. What does that mean? I let out a soft sigh, stepping back into the house to see Hea Jung standing there. A huge, goofy grin spread across her face, and I rose an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, and she laughed slightly.

"Looks like you got a secret admirer." She said, smirking, and I could feel my cheeks burning.

"H-huh?" I stuttered, and she scoffed.

"Are you that stupid?" She asked, and I blinked once. She rolled her eyes before continuing. "Concealed love means secret love, which means secret admirer, duh."

I bit onto my bottom lip slightly. "S-secret admirer?" I whispered, looking down at the flowers, and then back at her.

She nodded. "Yes, dumbo." She retorted, and grabbed her coat off the couch near us. "I have to go to work now. Remember, lock all the doors, don't open it to strangers, blah, blah, blah, you know the drill."

I nodded in response, waving as she walked out the door. The door closed with a slam, and I was left alone in our quiet, empty aparentment. Quickly, I made my way to the kitchen, grabbing a large vase, and filling it with water. Once done, I removed the bow off of the flowers, and carefully set them inside while staring at them. I grabbed the card off the counter once more, looking at the "H" on the front of it, wrinkling my nose. The flowers made sense, and so did the message on the back of the card. But, the single letter didn't. What could it stand for?


Hyunseung's P.O.V.

I sat in the drivers seat of my car, my head against my steering wheel, and cursed at myself under my breath. I was so stupid. I was supposed to give her the flowers in person, but ended up chickening out, and ended up leaving them in the front of her door. I knocked on the door quickly, ran off, getting into my car, and driving away. I'm such an idiot. Such a freaking idiot. I let out a long sigh, squeezing the steering wheel tightly, and thought of ways that I could approach her. My face brightened up when I realized something. If I couldn't express my feelings to her myself, why not express them through flowers?


A/N:

So, this chapter is short, I know. D:

But, it's the first chapter, so cut me some slack.

Sorry if it took me a while to update.

I hope you enjoy!? :D