Running

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

Krystal and I were both seated in the passenger’s seat, our bodies at the opposite corners. Looking at her, I could see that she was avoiding me, distracting herself with the different buildings our car passed by.

 

I did the same, fighting my urge to start a conversation with her. As the car stopped because of a red light, my eyes were fixed to the couple fighting in the bus stop at my left. The girl was hitting the guy with the flowers I assumed he gave her, making the petals fall on the floor. Poor guy… I said to myself.

 

“Amber…” I turned my head at her direction. Her eyes were still fixed on the window.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Why did you do it?”

 

“Do what?”

 

She looked ahead of us, making sure the sliding window is up, not allowing our manager to hear our conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did you… kiss me?” She looked at me eagerly, expecting some sort of explanation.

 

I leaned back on the seat, arms under my head. “I don’t know…” Come on, Amber! Tell her you really wanted to kiss her! I heard my conscience shout at me.

 

 

 

“I was just… playing along with the game. That’s all.” Stupid Amber!

 

 

 

“So…” She looked at me like she was about to cry. Why are you looking at me like that, Krys? Did you… enjoy the kiss?

 

 

 

 “… It didn’t mean anything to you, at all?”

 

 

 

 

 

“No… It’s just like a family kiss. Like an older sister kissing her little sis.” I tried explaining. What the heck, Amber? Do sisters even do tongues?

 

“Oh… Okay.” She looked away again, eyes focused on the view of the window. We were now halfway to her house.

 

 

 

“You’re such a player Amber. You really know how to make girls crazy for you.” I heard her say. Did I even hear it right?

 

 

 

“Next time, don’t do that to just anyone. They might get the wrong impression.” She said to me coldly.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

We became silent for the rest of the ride, only hearing the sound of the car’s engine. I kept myself occupied, checking my phone for any messages. A few minutes later, we reached Krystal’s mansion, which is about five – storeys high. It was graced with huge windows, with an entrance to the underground garage at the left side. It seriously looked like a big office building. Not homey at all.

 

“Good night.” I heard her say in a flat tone.

 

“Good ni-” She closed the car door before I even finished my sentence. It’s pretty obvious that she’s mad at me and I’m mad at myself too.

 

 

 

 

 

For being a coward.

 

 

 

 

 

For not telling her I how really felt.

 

 

 

 

 

But I can’t really fully blame myself. As I was about to tell her how I feel, questions clouded my head, making me say the stupidest things. What happens if I tell her I love her? Will she say she loves me too? What then? How will we handle our relationship? In a country where homouality isn’t accepted, I can’t just kiss her or hug her if I want to. Maybe I used to hug her before but it makes a lot of difference if you do it knowing you’re madly in love with that person. It will make you feel like every camera flashing at both of you will expose what you really have.

 

 

 

 

 

So I did the best thing I could.

 

 

 

 

 

Running away from those consequences.

 

 

 

 

 

Running away from my feelings for her.

 

 

 

 

 

I was out of my thoughts when the car door opened, revealing my manager looking at me with a worried face. “Amber. You okay? We’re at the dorm already.”

 

Immediately getting out of the car, I replied to him, stretching my arms. “Yeah… I’m just a little tired.”

 

“Rest well, then. Your comeback’s near and I don’t want any of you getting sick.”

 

“Don’t worry oppa; I’ll take good care of myself.”

 

“Bye!” I waved at him as his car slowly left the premises of our dorm. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the short update. I just want to tell you all that I won't be updating for a while. I'm back to school again so I'd be busy with my studies and all. College is stressful, especially if you're an Accounting Major. =_= I'll also be making major revisions in the story because many said that Amber's too emo here. :)) Anyways, I'll still be updating... It won't just be as often as I used to.

 

And to all those suggesting a 'new girl' in this story, I've decided to bring her in! So, who would you like it to be? Someone said Ailee so she's my choice for now. :P )