Am I Jealous?

Liking My Instagram Photo

 

 

 

We just finished practicing our dance routine for our impending comeback and I could say it’s the most tiring routine we’ve ever encountered. I mean, we have to do one cartwheel, two handstands and a split at the end for just one song! My legs are wobbly as hell…

 

 

 

 

 

I rested my body on the floor and crawled to Krystal who was sitting on one corner of the dance room. Victoria, Sulli and Luna were far from her, seated on the other side. Resting my head on Krystal’s legs, I could see her giggling about something.

 

“Krys, can you not move too much? Your servant needs some rest.” I placed my hand over my head, still breathing heavily from exhaustion.

 

“Sorry Am. It’s just that GD’s texts are too funny to not laugh.” She giggled quietly again, covering it with her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

GD GD GD… Why is it always GD, huh? Doesn’t your mouth have the capacity to utter other names?

 

 

 

 

 

I immediately stood up, brushing the dirt off my . I need some space from her. Walking out of the dance room, I went to the pantry to get some water. I finished the water in one go because of my tiredness. Turning around, I saw her again.

 

“Hey! I kind of got thirsty too.” She gently pushed me out of the way and grabbed a bottle from the fridge, swiftly opening it before placing it in front of . I didn’t realize that I had been staring at her while drinking until her phone rang again.

 

She chuckled at the text then looked at me. “Look Am, GD sent me something funny again.” She showed her phone’s screen to me, smiling.

 

I slapped her arm away, causing her phone to fall on the floor. “I don’t give a damn, Krys.”

 

 

 

 

 

Oh … What did I just do?

 

 

 

 

 

With eyes widened, I looked at the phone on the floor then back to Krystal. I immediately picked up the phone and handed it back to her.

 

“I’m sorry Kr-”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you, Amber?” She looked at me deeply in the eyes. I avoided her gaze, looking everywhere but her.

 

“I’m sorry, Krys. I’m just tired…” I walked away, leaving her dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been a week since that event happened and Krystal and I hadn’t talked since then except during dance practice when we’re required to communicate. All we say to each other is ‘hi’, ‘sorry’, ‘move a little to the right’, ‘you’re on my spot’ and other basic words.

 

I really didn’t want this to happen, it’s just that I’ve been feeling something lately and I don’t know what kind of feeling it is. I get frustrated whenever Krystal talks about GD. It’s like I’m… Jealous of him.

 

 

 

 

 

Am I?

 

 

 

 

Am I Jealous?

 

 

 

 

But because I’m jealous it doesn’t mean that I like her, right? Friends could get jealous if their friends hang out with other people. It’s completely understandable. And I have to blame myself if she wants to hang out with the others. After our Electric Shock promotions, I slowly started to push her away. It’s not that I don’t like to hang out with her. It’s just that I feel my heart beating faster every time our hands touched or every time she whispers in my ear. That’s why lately fans rarely see me initiate skinships with her.  

 

 

 

 

 

I’m just afraid.

 

 

 

 

 

Afraid of the rapid beating of my heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Afraid if it meant what I think it meant.

 

 

 

 

 

I sighed in my bed, ruffling my hair. Why am I thinking these thoughts again? I guess staring at the ceiling too much makes you think things. Better hang out with Min and the others to clear my head. I grabbed my phone from the drawer beside the bed and as if on cue, it beeped with my message tone.

 

 

 

“Great timing.” Opening the text message, I received a message from the person I was avoiding this past week.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Your Highness

 

Hey Am, I know you’ve been avoiding me this past week. Did I do anything wrong? I’m sorry if I could only talk to you through text. I was a little afraid

you’d walk out on me again. L

 

Anyway, GD and I are going to hang out at Club Segui later at about 10pm?

 I hope you’d come. I miss you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I closed the message and contacted Min. After a few rings, she picked up.

 

“Hello?”

 

I shifted on the right side of the bed, fiddling with the clock on my nightstand. “Hey Min, you busy?”

 

“Uhh… Not really. We just finished recording so I’m kind of free. Why?”

 

“Wanna hang out? Like catch a movie or something? I have nothing to do in the dorm.”

 

“Aren’t you going to hang out with Krystal tonight?” What the? How did she know?

 

Hearing no response, she answered the question in my head. “She invited me so that you’ll also go. Come on, Amber. Just sort it out with her. You can’t avoid her forever. She’s your co - member for crying out loud!”

 

“I can’t… sort it out…” I managed to say. The other line was silent for a few seconds until Min started to speak loudly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god Amber! Am I thinking what I’m supposed to be thinking?” I put the phone away from my ear before replying, almost deafened by her squeals from the other line.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes…”

 

 

 

 

 

I could hear her jumping on the other line before she replied. “See! I told you many times but you won’t believe me! You really like her, don’t you? You’re such a denial queen.”

 

 

 

“Amber likes who?” I heard another voice on the phone.

 

 

 

 

“Oh… You know who, Jia.”

 

 

 

“Yah! Are you telling the whole world, Min?!”

 

I heard the phone being snatched away. “Calm down Amber. It’s just me. And besides, YOU ARE SO FREAKING OBVIOUS for us to know.” I then heard the sound of footsteps which are getting quieter by the second.

 

 

 

“Sorry Am, it’s me again.” Min said. “And Jia has a point.”

 

I sighed heavily. “Point taken, Min.”

 

“So are you going or not?”

 

“I’m going…”

 

“Well, see you later! If you don’t come I’m going to kick your , llama!” Min said before ending the call.

 

 

 

 

 

 “I miss you too Krys. But not the same way you miss me…” I mumbled before throwing my phone on the bed which I unconsciously fell asleep in.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Thought of a random club name and Club Segui comes to mind. Crappy, I know. :)) )