Leader Knows Best

Liking My Instagram Photo

“What are you waiting for? Eat up!” Victoria exclaimed as she noticed me just staring at the food she just ordered for us. She picked a secluded spot for us, far from the other customers.

 

My mouth watered looking at these Korean dishes.

They all look so good! What to eat first? Bibimbap? Japchae? Bulgogi? Ahh… Nothing beats ddukbokkie! I reached for a piece of ddukbokkie but Victoria suddenly put the dish out of my reach.

 

“YAH!”

 

“That’s your punishment, llama. You can eat any of the dishes… Except this one!” She got a piece and chewed it happily.

 

“How can you be this cruel?” I sighed, aiming for the Bulgogi instead.

 

Victoria stuck her tongue out. “Merong! Serious much?”

I put my chopsticks down, rubbing her chin playfully. “Bipolar much? Anyway, I thought you’re going to give me a punishment. What’s with the free dinner?”

 

“I just thought this would make you hang around more. It looks like you’ve been busy lately.” She raised her eyebrows, suggesting something.

 

“What do you mean?” I looked back down, focusing on getting a pinch of Japchae. Damn, chopsticks are hard! I called a waiter, requesting for a pair of spoon and fork.

 

“That was not your dog a while ago, was it?”

 

I looked down, trying to make up an excuse. “Vic, I…”

 

“You think I don’t know? One of our managers told me about it. He said that you’ve been asking him to drive you into the nearest motels. At first, he thought that you just found a new girl but he got confused when he saw that the girls were different every time. I just never thought I’d see the light that I would… hear ‘it’ in person.”

 

I kept my head down, suddenly ashamed of my actions. “I’m sorry, unnie. I… don’t know how I’ve suddenly gone to this.”

 

She put her hand on her head, like she was having a headache. I felt her hold my hand, squeezing it. “Look… Amber, I don’t judge you for what you’ve done but let me ask you a simple question.”

 

“Does it make you feel good?” I looked at her questioningly.

 

“Not ‘there’ but...” She pointed at my heart. “… here.”

 

I sighed deeply. “I must admit, after the pleasure I received from all those I had, I feel… Nothing. Empty. But maybe this is what I’m bound to be, unnie. I don’t deserve to feel love.”

 

“Everyone deserves love, Amber. You do too. Whether it’s Krystal… or another person.”

 

I let out a sarcastic laugh. “My chances with Krystal are close to zero, unnie. She’s with GD now.”

 

“So that gives you the right to treat her like she’s nothing? She doesn’t deserve that, Amber. You make her feel like you two not being together is her fault. Well, it’s not!”  

 

“Then what do you want me to do, unnie? I can’t pretend to be friends with her.”

 

“You have to at least try, Amber. You’re a big part of her life. She needs you… Especially now.”

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“She hasn’t been able to contact GD much lately. It looks like he’s avoiding her calls.” She squeezed my hand again. “Just try, Amber.”

 

 “I… will try unnie.”

 

“That’s my Amber! Now let’s finish all of these! I need to get my beauty sleep.” She patted her cheek gently.

 

“Neh!”

 

(A/N: Will this be the end of player Amber? Find out in the next chapter. LOL. Anyway, are there any Filipino Kryber stans here? I just want to give a shoutout to you all.  Anyway, this story will get pretty laggy since

classes are back for me. :( )