Anger

The Butterfly Effect

Jongwoon stirred his coffee, afraid to look up and meet those harsh eyes looking at him. It was a warm afternoon and the coffee shop looked cozy, nevertheless, the atmosphere between them was breathlessly severe.

-I’m sorry… about yesterday – he finally spoke, his voice only louder than a whisper.

-It’s okay. I understand that we are both drunk at that specific time – the man replied, the layer of ice thickened on his face – but I’m not here to talk about it.

You taught me to grow up, to mature, to be ready to face any storm that’s coming up my way.

I drowned into your sweetness, sinking deeper and bury myself into the quicksand without knowing you were the biggest trouble I have found myself stuck with.

Love’s pleasure lasts but a moment, whereas love’s sorrow exists all through life.

-Well…what do you want to discuss then? – Kim Jongwoon bit his lips, feeling difficult to get out of the maze inside those opposite sharp eyes.

-Revenge – the flame in those orbs burst out higher, burning the other’s soul, leaving black ashes on its way.

Love and hatred, they are all an affectionate feeling to a certain someone.

What really matters is the actions towards you – whether to kiss you with passion or to watch you breaking into pieces, sorrowful and vulnerable.

For the first time in his life, Kim Ryeowook faked an icy smile.

*****

“I think we should break up”.

Still holding the phone in his hand, the man crashes down to the ground.

His whole body was trembling, and he bit his lips so hard that his tongue could sense a bloody taste on its tip.

This can’t be happening. This just can’t be happening.

Someone please tell me I just had a horrible nightmare.

But nightmares exists even when you had woken up, don’t they?

Squeezing the device harshly as if wanting to break it, he slowly stood up again; the other hand tensed its hold at the bed post. He read the message once again, then angrily threw the white phone to the ground, eyes burning with hatred as watching the fragile item broke into pieces.

How can love shatter that easily?

The man felt pain dominating his whole body while he sat down on the nearby chair; his lungs gasping for air, his stomach screamed in grief, his legs and arms suffered from constant trembling.

But the torture his heart must endure was way more than everything combined.

How… how could you?

All these years… it all ends with just a message?

Love is blind, and the fog you have created was too big for me to see through it.

-Something… wrong, Wookie? – the man sitting on the bed asked shyly, glancing at the broken cellphone on the ground.

-Everything went wrong! And stop calling me Wookie! – the other stood up and growled, all of his anger threw into the poor target in front of him.

-Wookie…

-I’m not your Ryeowook, how many times must I tell you that? – he gained all his strength to scream, to tear his heart out, to escape this nasty reality – can you please leave me alone with my own thoughts and mind your own business?

-Is everything okay, sir? - a figure appeared by the door – I was walking on the hall when I heard the screams from this room.

The standing man swallowed in, nodded at the nurse:

-It’s okay; I’ve got everything under control.

The woman now smiled politely, taking a quick look at the patient on the bed:

-Please bear with Kyuhyun-ssi, having suffered from the sudden brain damage may cause him a few troubles in handling normal tasks as well as some temporary memory loss. I’m sure he’ll recover soon.

-I know. Thank you.

The man watched as the white-dressed nurse left, silently slipped out a sigh.

And Kyuhyun just sat there, looking out the window emptily, hands holding his chain tight – a black chain with a small silver butterfly pendant.

The butterfly yesterday had flied away, Wookie.