Dress-Up

The Beauty and the Wallflower

A/N: Okay, please understand that not all of the clothes here will have IU, okay? Please just pretend it's IU or yourself and bear with me that I can't have all the pictures with her for this chapter. Thanks!!! >~^ - TaecYoon24 {9.6.13}

 

You just gawked at them, mentally noting to yourself to not listen to most of the things Woohyun spits out. "Yeah, right... Give me my glasses! We can do the little 'makeover' next time."

"It's TRUE!!! You're so beautiful, ~~~~ Noona!!!" Sungjong exclaimed with a half-shocked, half-happy face.

You simply ignored him and snatched your glasses away. You were still a little upset he didn't listen and you wanted to hear anything but compliments on your face right now. "Now that you've looked at my face, what kind of style would I match up with?" You asked, trying to change the subject of your face right now.

"Light colors would suit you," Myungsoo stated without hesitation.

"Dark colors would look good too though," Hoya added as he stared at you.

"She could fit with the rainbow-colored outfits or any outfit with mixed colors," Dongwoo also added with a smile.

"She could totally fit in the y category too," Woohyun commented with a greasy look on his face.

"She could do good with the animal prints, huh? I can just imagine it already," Sunggyu stated as well.

"Really? I somehow saw a wild type in her... Didn't you?" Sungyeol questioned his friends as well as himself.

"She could do well with the simple and innocent type. Even if she had no makeup, I think she would look very cute," Sungjong commented as he gave you a small smile while he stated his opinion.

You smiled a little back before stating your own opinion of your style. "I think I can wear nearly anything. I already found this out in middle school."

Dongwoo looked at you curiously since you whispered the last part. "Wait, what? Did I hear wrong?" He was the nearest boy to you so, of course, he might have heard your comment if he heard close enough.

"What? What happened?" Sungyeol asked, totally clueless about the situation right now. He was the farthest boy away from you so, unless he had super hearing, he obviously wouldn't have heard.

"She just said she could wear anything, Sungyeol-ah. Pay attention," Sunggyu stated sternly.

"Ah.. Right, sorry," he apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

You slightly rolled your eyes and started walking faster than them. However, after about a few minutes, you get freaking annoyed. The whole time, without stopping, these boys just keep on following you!!!

Feeling annoyed, you stopped abruptly and glared at all of them. All of them stopped too and gave a shocked expression. "Why are you guys following me?"

"Where are you going?" Hoya asked, totally ignoring my question.

"Well, obviously, home," you stated like it was the most easiest question in the whole world.

"Noona~" Sungjong called. "We still need to test our guesses. Can't we just dress you up? PLEASE???" He started showing aegyo and you just stared at him blankly.

Even when you just kept staring blankly for a whole minute at him, he was still showing aegyo and you couldn't help but applaud mentally at his perseverance. You sighed, "Alright alright!!!"

Sungjong showed a proud look and smiled confidently.

"... Where are we going NOW?" You asked as you waited for their answers.

"Simple. The mall. Where else?" L asked, imitating you since you answered their question similar to that.

You checked the time. 5:00 P.M. You groaned silently.

Out of nowhere, Woohyun grabs your wrist and flashes you a greasy smile before pulling you towards the direction of the mall. "Cme on, we need all the time we can get!!"

You were all walking quickly to the mall, since it was a short distance away, and arrived at about 5:15 P.M.

The boys pulled you in to the first store you see which, unfortunately for you, had tons of changing rooms that were vacant.

Rack after rack, the boys picked out clothes they thought would suit you and piled them on your arms. After they were sarisfied, they pushed you into the rooms gently, but firmly, and you had no choice but to start out with the first outfit after you hanged all of the clothes onto the rack in the changing room. *Oh yay, a game of dress-up. How fun.* you sarcastically thought in your head.

The first outfit was none other than a hip hop look with the hat, sunglasses, and... Everything. You sighed one last time before putting on the outfit they gave to you.

You're guessing they discovered a magical power of telepathy because just after you finished dressing up, they started to yell outside of your changing room like you were deaf or something.

Dongwoo yelled,. "Make sure you come out and show us when you're done~!!!"

"Don't be picky and wear all of them!!" Sunggyu also shouted.

You took off your glasses, put on the shades and the hat, tossed the jacket over your shoulder, and opened the door. "I'm not being picky, okay? And I can hear you loud and clear in the room."

Just as you went out, you swear you saw all of their jaws drop. I mean, is your outfit really that amazing?

They were all in a daze and you had to wave your arms at their faces like a maniac until they came to their senses.

"Wh-what?" Hoya asked. He was the first person to come back and, slowly, the rest came back too.

"What, were you guys spending the day in daze land?" You asked sarcastically as you sat down on the couch. "Do you guys mind if I not wear the jacket? It's too freaking hot..."

"Yeah, it's okay," Woohyun mumbled as he looked at you like a dog looking at bacon.

"Ah." Sunggyu said since he remembered something. He rummaged through his backpack until his expression relaxed and a smile formed on his face. "Found it!"

You curiously look at him, wondering what the heck he was going to do now. However, the item he was looking for solved EVERYTHING.

Sunggyu smiled sheepishly with a chimed voice,  "You know, we still need some pictures for your résumé~"

"Might as well," you stated, giving up on opposing them since you were going to have to do it sooner or later anyways. Might as well do it now and get it over with.

"Hold on to this magazine, please, Noona and just stay in that position you are in right now. Your blank expression is good too so just stay like that for one minute."

L put your hair on either side of your shoulder while letting the rest lay on your back. He isn't say anything but at least he was helping.

"You... Look... Hot..." Woohyun stated, with every word getting greasier as he gave a wink.

Sungyeol put a few random clothes on the side of you and you just stared at him at the corner of your eye. He, feeling your stare, looked up and stated, "It's to make it look a bit more natural, you know?"

You nodded slightly and look at the floor. You had nothing to do anyways, so you stared into space as they finally took one picture they liked.

 

"Okay, go back inside now," Dongwoo stated with a huge smile as he pulled you up the chair, handed you your jacket, and gently pushed you to the changing rooms.

--

This process was more or less similar each time. Some were taken for the resume, some were not since it had a similar style to the last one. Some of the clothes you out on were these:

(You wore all 3, but the one used for your résumé was the blue one.)

 

 

 

(The outfits for the resume were the second one at the top right, second one at the bottom left and the first one at the bottom right.)

 

(The outfits for the resume were the first one at the top left and the first and second one at the bottom left.)

 

 

"See~?" Dongwoo stated with a grin. "I TOLD you she could fit in this category."

"Yeah, we know," Hiya stated back with a sigh.

"I'm guessing you picked that outfit out for me?" You asked, acting surprised even though you knew at one glance.

He replied with a grin still attached to his face. "Yup!!!"

--

After you got changed, you finally out back on your glasses, grabbed the clothes you tried on, and exited the changing room. Sungyeol took it away from you and hanged it up for you at the used clothes section.

"Okay, so what're we going to do now?" You asked. All of you headed out the store and you took a glance at your watch once again. 8:30 P.M. "Home?"

"Do you want to grab a drink first? We'll walk you home since its our responsibility as boys," Sunggyu stated.

"Okay," you replied, as you headed for the nearest cafe after you felt that your throat was a little dry.

--

"Order what you like, I'll pay this time," Sunggyu stated as he started looking thought the menu.

"Okay!" The boys replied cheerfully while you gave a nod.

You scanned though the menu and discovered one of your favorite flavors you would like to drink. *Should I drink something sweet? Strong? Fruity? Hot? Cold?... AHHH, SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!!* you thought.

By now, all the boys chose their drinks and told the employee what they wanted, so they were just waiting for you to decide. Just to be safe, you got a warm cup of hot chocolate and decided on that. "Can I get a hot cocoa, please?"

After Sunggyu paid, the employee, who was female, smiled sweetly at the boys and slightly glared at you for no reason, "Okay, your order will be ready in five minutes."

While we were waiting, we all stood near the pick-up area and started to talk.

"How do you think today was?" Sunggyu asked.

"Other than forcing me to take off my glasses and having to wear at least 50 outfits today, it was fine," you stated, with a blank expression.

He sheepishly replied, "Yeah..... About that, sorry."

You played with your fingers. "What's done is done. It's okay."

"Hey, I'm curious, do you think we're good-looking?" Woohyun asked.

You gave them a no-duuuh look. "Is that even considered a question?"

"Well, I just wanted to say that you are probably one of the rarest kinds of girls that don't fan-girl once you see us. I mean, you spent about half the day with us and you are still sane. That's either amazing or we aren't just handsome enough for you."

"It's probably the first choice. You guys are handsome enough but you are still-" but you stopped there. Monkeys. You are still monkeys in my eyes. Why couldn't you have said it?

"Still? Still what?' L asked, since he had been listening to our conversation. In fact, all of Infinite would have asked the same question if L didn't say it for them. Their eyes were filled with curiosity and you could tell that they were listening as hard as they could to your last words, if you said any. 

"It's nothing," You murmured, and by then, your drinks were rot in front of you with a little DING! By the small bell, from the same female employee who took your order.

The boys soon got their drinks and headed towards the exits while you waited for your drink since you wanted whipped cream on yours. Suddenly, you heard a small whisper of a complaint from the female employee. She, of course, wanted to complain to herself, but you heard it because of your sharp hearing. "I don't get how such handsome boys would hang out, much less look at such a plain girl like her. I mean, look at how nerdy she is! I'm obviously the better choice, so what the hell do they see in her?"

After the female employee gave you a fake smile as you left, a pained, small smile appeared on your face after you got your drink and left the cafe. Every time you started to doubt, even if its just a little, about how your thinking of how fakes and monkeys are everywhere and start to believe there are more exceptions than a few rare people, someone, anyone, would ruin it for you and the chains around your heart, which loosened by a small amount, would tighten even more than before, crushing your heart as it bled from all the insults you received over the years. How could you trust anyone, other than those rare people, when they can't even prove if they're genuine people to you or haven't yet?

You silently walked alongside Infinite until you reached your house. "Goodnight, ~~~~-yah!" Most of them cheerfully yelled while others, *cough cough* L, would state it instead.

"Bye, Infinite," you stated as you painted a smile on your face before entering your empty house,

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey~ :3

I updated!! Woot woot!!! X)

 

Okay, back to the point, I would like to thank all the readers and subscribers who have been with me for these 6 (and now 7) chapters!!! Thank you very very very much, my beloved readers!!! I would like to especially thank those 5 up voters even though its only the beginning of my story!!! All of you are my awesome, precious readers!!!! :3

 

Heehee, thanks for reading~!!! :3

9.6.13