The Cute Barista

Chasing Hyukkie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Donghae groaned when his alarm went off, disturbing his peaceful sleep. He stretched and reached for his phone to shut of the annoying ringing. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out his eyes with a big yawn.

"Another day just like the rest" he sighed. Donghae thought his life was rather mundane. Everyday started out the same and ended the same. He wakes up at 6:30AM, takes a shower, brushes his teeth, gets dressed and fixes his hair. By 7:00AM he's in the kitchen making an omelette and plain white rice for breakfast. He eats in the living room while watching the morning news and checking his emails with a glass of orange juice.

By 7:30AM he's out the door starting his walk to work. 8:00AM he arrives at Kim Corporations where he is an accountant and gets to work. His day consists of work, listening to his boss Kim Heechul complain about everything, pretending to laugh at his coworkers' mediocre jokes, lunch at the cafeteria, and more work.

He gets off at 6:00PM and stops by the Chinese restaurant to order food to take home for dinner. The rest of his night consists of watching lame dramas on tv, or re-reading some of the books he owns. He goes to sleep at 10:30PM to ensure he gets 8 hours of sleep before he wakes up to do it all over again. Although he has the weekends off, he usually either works from home or he sleeps all day.

Yes he thought it was a boring and simple way to live, but he was too afraid to change anything. Heaving another sigh, Donghae gets up to start his daily ritual.

 

 

While he is making his omelette, Donghaes' phone starts ringing on the table. He contemplates ignoring it in favor of not burning his food but then he thinks no one would bother calling him this early unless it's for work.

So he places the spatula he has in his hands on the counter and walks over to his phone thinking he can quickly get rid of one of his coworkers and get back to his food. He's surprised, however, when he sees his bosses name lighting up his screen. Huh? He never calls me Donghae thinks as he answers the call.

"Hel-"

"Lee Donghae! I need you to do something very important for me!" Donghae rubs his temples in annoyance.

"What is it Hyung?"

"I need you to get my coffee! Everyone here is too busy so I thought I'd give you the pleasure of stopping by The Pink Bunny to get it for me."

Donghae looked at his watch and saw it was 7:15. He knew the cafe a ways in the opposite direction of work so calculating the travel time plus the wait for the coffee and most likely long line there'd be (the place was pretty popular), he'd be 5 minutes late if he leaves now. 

"Hyung I ca-"

"Great! I want a small mocha cappuccino with a double shot espresso and whip cream, at exactly 110 degrees. I need it asap so hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter