Black Tongue, Golden Eyes

Mystical Series

Green, that was all he could see. Different shades of green surrounding him, invading his senses, his sight, smell…even his touch was becoming aware of the green. He had to run faster, he knew they were close, he knew they had called already Doojoon so his head was at risk, there could be a bullet running through his skull at any time. But he didn’t have the time or the will to think about there, he needed to keep looking for a way out. He had no doubt that Hyunseung would be trying to get him out, he was his hyung and the younger knew for sure that his older brother was trying to get him out in his own unique way, but that wasn’t going to be enough this time. The sin was way too serious for them to let it pass, and he was decided to accept his punishment this time. He was decided because it was his fault that angel died, in a way it was his fault and even though they’re races were immersed on an eternal war there were rules, rules that couldn’t be forgotten. 

He kept running breathlessly, his legs starting to feel numb and his heart trying to break his ribcage, but he wasn’t stopping soon, he needed to go out because of him, he needed to get out of there to see him once again. The beautiful archangel, the messenger of God. He remembered the scene exactly, how he entered gracefully into the court, how he reproached those emotionless angels for his rude attitude, not rude at all from the perspective of a fallen angel but clearly reprehensible from an angelic being. He wasn’t able to really take notice of what was happening because he was totally captured by the other’s features, blonde hair covering his left eye, amazingly clear golden eyes and tanned skin. Without even noticing he tried to reach out the other’s smooth skin and when he touched it for a brief moment he felt like a million sparks exploding inside his body, starting from his fingertips until his toes, all his body shivered from the contact before feeling another electric shock, this time hurtful instead of pleasant, before losing consciousness. 

When he regained it back he was again in his familiar cell. His head hurt so bad and he knew that the guards had used those weapon of them to know him out before committing another sin, he touched and archangel and he was sure he was going to pay for it. He spent the rest of his day in his cell, images of his brief encounter with the archangel still filling his mind when an angelic singing voice started to approach his dark cell. The voice was getting nearer and nearer and he started to get nervous. He didn’t know if there were more prisoners in the rest of the underground prison, but he felt in his guts that someone was coming to see him, and apart from his brother there’s none who should know he was there. Little by little the dark room started to get lighten by a soft glowing and he decided to shut his eyes, maybe he was punishment was going to take place now since his brother was unable to help him. 

“You should open your eyes, they’re pretty” The singing voice said with a chuckle that surprised him. He wasn’t expected it to be so masculine and clear at the same time. 

He opened his eyes slowly, adjusting himself to the little glowing radiating from the being at the other side of the bars. As he was able to distinguish the body in front of him he recognized its owner immediately, golden locks, glowing tanned skin and golden eyes that seemed to contain the secrets of the world, which probably was true. He knew he was an archangel, he didn’t know his name or anything besides his job as messenger, but he was totally captivated and intrigued by his sudden appearance in front of a filthy place like that.

A filthy prison…with a filthy being inside it. He thought as he started to panic. What was an archangel doing in a place like that and talking with someone like him? He knew that he had done wrong, and he knew that he had a position in Lucifer’s army, but he wasn’t important enough to have to be handled by an archangel. Maybe if Hyunseung was in his position, he was important enough, popular enough and smart enough to be handled by the archangels themselves, but he was nothing compared to the older, his biggest merit was to be the younger son of Mephisto. But there they were, with just the bars behind them and looking at each other intently. He found the archangel’s stare burning him inside and had to look away.

“Why are you here? I thought your race had less-important personalities to handle cases like mine” He spit it out loudly, trying to cover his embarrassment and the obvious pink that was coloring his cheeks.

“I just wanted to apologize. You have been attacked by my guards and I was feeling bad over that. I hope you are not seriously hurt…” The archangel seemed sincerely concern over him. 

What the hell was the meaning of this? He was sure that he was going to be punished, and he was taught all his life that angels were just silly creatures trying to win your heart with their “unconditional” love, just to rip it out a second later. And he had seeing that several times, he had seen how his brother suffered with every encounter he had with angels, he was too kind to be a fallen angel and the younger was jealous in a way. Even though he was clearly considered the heir of his father’s job, none considered Hyunseung dark enough to handle that important task, and everyone had their expectations on him he was really envy of his brother, he was even jealous of angels most of the time and that’s why he was unable to save that angel before he was torn apart. He was lost on his thoughts when he noticed a hand on his chin. Before even registering the movement his gaze was locked once again on those golden eyes. 

“What are you afraid of, Kikwang?” Said the archangel with concern still lingering in his golden eyes.

Kikwang tried to answer him, he tried to tell him that he wasn’t afraid of anything, that he was the son of Mephisto, he was the heir of the soul collector, he was one of the generals of Lucifer’s army, he was able to kill angels in seconds without remorse, he was able to collect souls from defenseless kids, giggling teenagers and hard-working adults, he felt no remorse, no pain, nothing. He tried to tell him that he was a total empty shell, that he wasn’t feeling anything right now, that the archangel’s touch wasn’t burning his skin, that his concerned look wasn’t sending shivers through his spine like never before, that his natural glow wasn’t something that he was definite since he saw the other for the first time to keep for him, even if he had to lock him in his room forever. He tried to tell him all of that but he didn’t do it. He just kept looking into the other’s eyes, hypnotize by his glow, his scent and his all. He wasn’t going to say anything and he was going to accept his punishment since it was the only way of becoming worthy of being touched by him. 

“Dongwoon, are you here?” The archangel snapped out of their trance as he looked towards the voice source. 

He stood up, while Kikwang stood kneeled and kept staring at the other moving gracefully out of the cell. The archangel dedicated him one last smile, the brightest smile Kikwang had ever seen, and walked toward the voice who kept screaming his name. Dongwoon… The name sounded like music to his ears. He tried to pronounce it, making it rolled in his tongue slowly. He heard his own voice saying his name and it sounded as an insult towards the perfect being under the name. He decided that he wasn’t going to taint the perfect name with his black tongue ever again.

As the days passed he got used to the visits from Dongwoon. He would talk with him about random things and the archangel was the only carrying the conversation most of the time. He was decided to not say anything to the archangel since he had convinced himself of being totally unworthy of the other’s attention. But even though he would have wanted to chase the other way, he was unable to do it. Hyunseung was so busy trying to get him off the hook to pay a visit and Kikwang passed most of his time in that dark cell thinking of the glowing being and just waiting impatiently for the other to come.

“Why don’t you tell me something about you, Kikwang-ah?” Said Dongwoon with an enquiring smirk.

The archangel had become accustomed to the other silence but he wouldn’t help trying to get some information. He was sure that the other wanted to talk to him. He was able to see it inside his blue orbs, as blue as the ocean, the restrained desire of talking, of sharing his inner thoughts. Dongwoon had already searched for information about his prisoner, not that he didn’t know who he was when he was thrown on that cage. But he wanted another kind of information, not his name, his position as enemy or his genealogical tree, those things were easy to find out and no fun at all. What was really interesting was to find out who he truly was, how he was and why he was in that situation. He was really trying to make the other open up and trust him but it was getting harder than expected. The only way he had to get some information was through Hyunseung and the fallen angel wasn’t so easy to find, even for him. But he was decided to make the other talk, even if he had to spend the rest of his days in front of those bars. 

“You know? I won’t bite you or do anything. I just want to know you, Kikwang-ah, just want to talk and maybe we can fix this mess.” Dongwoon wasn’t exactly losing his patience, he still had plenty left for the fallen angel, but was kind of angry with himself for not being able to help the other. 

“Why would you help me? I know my brother is trying to get me out of here, and if he can’t do it none can, even you.” Kikwang didn’t even look up, he was so confused and was sure that he would start to spit out even his darkest secrets if he looked to those eyes once again. 

“Why wouldn’t I? Don’t you think that you need help? And I really think that I have a little bit more power than your brother.” Kikwang knew that Dongwoon was smiling at him, he was able to notice it in his voice, so he buried his head in his hands trying to escape from the attraction he was feeling towards the other.

Thankfully for him, or maybe not, the same voice started to call for Dongwoon, the same annoying voice that made the glowing being and the angelic voice go away from Kikwang’s cell, leaving him in the darkness once again. But this time he wasn’t going to be alone for a long time. He was able to hear someone approaching his cell and stop in the dark corridor looking at him. He looked up, since there was no glowing anywhere near him it was safe to look at his guest. And he gasped in surprise. What was his brother doing there? And why did it seem like he was shaking lightly? Kikwang noticed a lump on his throat and tried to swallow it, but he knew that it was useless, his brother was there and he didn’t have good news.

“I’m sorry, Kikwang-ah, I’m so so so so sorry” Hyunseung started to sob and collapsed on his knees, grabbing the metal bars with both hands. 

Kikwang approached the sobbing figured and grabbed his brother’s shaking hands. He knew that his brother had done everything to get him out of there, but it was impossible this time. He was screwed this time and he was still going to accept his punishment, after that he was sure that he was going to start anew with Dongwoon, even if that meant to become a traitor to his own kind. He was decided and he was going to calm his caring brother and ask for his blessing, even though he wasn’t believing what he was about to do.

“Seung-ah, don’t cry, please, and don’t worry, I will accept the punishment this time so I can come clean with them. Seung, you won’t believe what has…” Kikwang was excited for telling his brother about Dongwoon but he was interrupted by the older.

“You won’t come clean, Kikwang-ah, they’re condemning you to death, they’re going to cut your wings…Kikwang-ah…they said that you can’t be forgiven and they want you out of the world!!” Hyunseung started to yell at his brother while the other just stared in shock

“What…what are you saying, Seung-ah?” Kikwang chuckled, not believing his own ears. “That can’t be, they are angels, aren’t they supposed to…forgive everything and everyone? They can’t do this, Seung-ah, they can’t, not now, not after I found him!!” Kikwang noticed how his cheeks started to get wet. He touched his heated skin and noticed how his tears were falling for the first time in his life. 

And Hyunseung stared at him, surprised at his brother’s reaction. It was the first time he was seeing Kikwang showing some feeling apart from those emotions associated with the war. It was his first time seeing his younger brother showing his tears and almost pleading him with his eyes to be saved. Hyunseung felt like he had failed his younger brother, he had failed the only person in the world he’s supposed to protect. And he felt like the worst person in the world, he felt like a fallen angel for once in a long, long time. He had to do something, he couldn’t let his brother to perish like that. He wasn’t going to allow the angels end up with the precious life of his brother, even if he had to put his life on stake.

And just like that a plan started to form on his head, a precise plan to get him out of that underground prison, even if it was the last thing he would be doing. His brother was the most precious person in his life and he was going to get him out of there. Without further ado he dried his tears and hushed his brother, who was sobbing lightly. He told Kikwang the plan, a plan to get him out of there and back to where he belonged, the throne he wasn’t going to occupy. He told the younger the whole plan and Kikwang stared at him with open eyes, his military mind secretly processing the possibilities and the odds of the plan. Kikwang was positive impressed with his hyung’s quick mind, he was sure son of his father. The plan was totally flawless and Kikwang was going to get sure that it was executed perfectly, he needed to see Dongwoon at least once more if he was going to die soon. Hyunseung thought that he was going to run away to their home, but he was not, he was going to pay for his sin, but he needed to talk with the archangel before that.

The plan started to go smoothly. With the help of Hyunseung, Kikwang was already outside his cell and trying to follow the path he was told, the path that would lead him outside, where he had to look for Dongwoon. But he hadn’t expected for the archangel to inside the prison that late at night. Kikwang was walking focused on his plan when he heard a well-known voice yelling. He didn’t understand the words but he noticed the panic in the archangel’s voice. Without even realizing he turned around, looking for the source of the voice. 

“You can’t kill him, Doojoon, you can’t. You know it’s not in your hand to decide if he dies or not, you’re just warrior!! You have to remember who we are, did Yoseob allowed you to do this?? Have you even asked him??” Kikwang peeked inside the room where he was hearing the voices. Inside there were two archangels, Dongwoon and Doojoon, an angel he didn’t know and another figure that seemed familiar but he couldn’t recognize. He focused his attention into the yelling blonde, who looked to the figure looking for help. Kikwang was able to see tears staining the archangel cheeks and he noticed two strong emotions taking control of himself, the well-known anger and the less-know sadness. He was going to go out and reveal his position when he heard the familiar figure talking.

“Doojoon, we understand your position here, but you have to understand ours too. Kikwang can’t die, you can punish him as much as you want and you can hold him here eternally, but he definitely CAN’T.DIE.” The woman besides Dongwoon spoke clearly, marking the words. 

“Lilith, you don’t understand us at all, if you do, then you won’t oppose. We don’t mind who he is to you, or to your kind, he can’t keep this up and his has certainly crossed his boundaries.” The unknown angel said with a glare and clearly pissed by the whole scene.

“Junhyung, stay calm, I guess it’s better if you take Dongwoon with you, I will fix this up with Lilith” Said Doojoon calmly while glaring at his subordinate.

Kikwang started to panic when he saw Dongwoon and Junhyung approaching his position and tried to hide, he didn’t know exactly what to do so he just hoped to not be discovered. He didn’t know that Junhyung was the best warrior in the whole Heaven and he had special sense against fallen angels. So he was easily spotted but both angels, Dongwoon turned around and saw him with his still wet eyes and his first reaction was to shout for him to run away, to not stay near them anymore. Dongwoon pushed Junhyung with all his angelic power, he was an archangel after all, sending him against a wall and giving Kikwang enough time to run outside the corridor and into the garden again, now looking desperately for his way out. He was sure that Doojoon had heard the ruckus outside and would be looking for him asap, and with Doojoon and his army tracking him down he was sure he wasn’t going to get out of there any time soon. The question now was to surrender or to keep looking for a way out. If he surrendered…he had to deal with his death without having the opportunity to talk with Dongwoon, but if he found a way out now he would be tracked down, what would mean that he had to go back home and stay there till they matter was settle. Both choices seemed unattractive to the raven haired fallen angel, but those were the only choices available right now. 

He kept running, right now was the only thing filling his mind so he didn’t notice when someone grabbed him by the wrist and pushed him to the floor. Kikwang was decided to fight against whoever caught him when he caught a glimpse of blond locks at his back. He felt his body relaxed and the pain started to surface. He cringed at the weight of the archangel over his hurt legs and Dongwoon seemed to notice so he stood up and helped the other get up as well. Kikwang was going to ask something when the other hushed him and intertwined his fingers, leading him towards one of the nearest walls that surrounded the garden and the prison. Once they were far from the main path, Dongwoon looked at him with concern and sadness in his eyes, making Kikwang’s heart sank. The shorter caught the single tear that started to roll over the archangel’s cheek with tenderness.

“You shouldn’t cry over me, Dongwoonie” Said Kikwang, making Dongwoon look at him surprised by the nickname. “I’m not worthy of your beautiful tears” Kikwang tried to smile to the beautiful angel, but he was sure that it looked more like a grimace.

“Kikwang-ah…you have to run away, you have to escape, otherwise Doojoon or Junhyung will find you and you already know what they want to do.” Dongwoon spoke fast, trying to convey his message as fast as possible before the arrival of the guard. “Your brother is waiting for you at the other side of this wall, he’s going to take you home. Don’t worry, we will fix this and you will be free again, but I need you to be safe right now.” Dongwoon squeezed Kikwang’s had and try to lead him towards the secret entrance in the wall, but the other wasn’t moving.

“Dongwoonie…I’m not going, I can’t go, I have to pay for my sins, I have to become a better person, Woon-ah, you need better.” Kikwang cupped Dongwoon’s face with both hands, trying to make the other understand his position. He knew what he meant by his words, he knew he wasn’t going to be worthy of someone like Dongwoon in his whole life, so maybe it was better to disappear. 

But Dongwoon wasn’t ready to let Kikwang go, even though he hadn’t told him just yet. He knew what the other meant too, but he wasn’t going to let Doojoon kill him, even though he was going to break some rules by doing what he was about to. He leaned closer and saw how Kikwang closed his eyes, thinking that he was ready to let him go, Dongwoon pecked Kikwang in the lips, feeling the coldness from the other’s lips and letting the other taste his own taste. But before breaking the contact, Dongwoon used one of his many angelic skills to knock Kikwang out. He was definitely not ready to let him go. He carried the unconscious body towards the exit, where Hyunseung was waiting, to take brother home. What the beautiful fallen angel wasn’t expecting was for him to be unconscious.

“He was a little bit…uncooperative…” Said the archangel with a smirk. He touched Kikwang’s lips with his fingertips lightly once more before nodding at Hyunseung for him to take Kikwang home. He was sure they would see each other, they only needed to wait for the right time.