Goodbye Seoul

Country Romance

In the city, there's no such thing as a quiet morning. Ji Eun woke up to the sound of construction and morning traffic outside her appartment. She found herself awkwardly sprawled on her desk with a puddle of drool resting where once was. She sat up as she stretched her stiff back. She moaned when she felt a sharp pain in her neck and spine. Ji Eun sighed. She fell asleep on her desk while working late at night again. She was practically up all night preparing for her project for work. Tired, she rested her head on her arm in a semi comfortable position and drifted to sleep again.

Then she remembered that today was the day she was moving out. She groaned, "UGH. MUST. GET. UP. NOW." She forced herself to get up and she lazily started to carry on with her morning routine.

She took a quick shower and dressed in a comfy, white v- neck and paired it with black skinny jeans. Then she quickly put her half dried hair in a loose top knot and headed for her bedroom. She shoved the rest of her belongings into her suitcase and neatly packed all her work stuff in her backpack including her laptop, her notebook, her papers, and her professional camera. The 4 most important things she needed for her trip. 

After she finished packing, she plopped in her office chair and stared at the photos she left on her desk. 

These were the photos and memoirs of her in Seoul. Ji Eun smiled as she flipped through each photo.

"This was the time where I went shopping in Seoul, and that's me at the train station, and that time was when Seoul had that huge snow storm and that-" 

Ji Eun slightly choked when she saw the last picture. "-was the time Seung Ho and I went to the cherry blossom festival last year" Ji Eun quietly whispered to herself. Ji Eun hugged her legs against her chest in a comforting way. She was going to miss him.

Suddenly her phone buzzed and it was him

Yoo Seung Ho: Hey babe. I just left my house. I'll be there in like 10 minutes and I won't be late this time!^_^

Secretly, Ji Eun didn't want to see him. She didn't want to say goodbye to him. The idea of her not being able to see her sweet boyfriend and best friend for the next 6 months gave her a throbbing pain in her chest.

While she was waiting for Seung Ho, she straightened up her appartment and placed all her belongings near the door. She took a quick walk around her home. *I'm going to miss this place* she thought as she passed by each of the nearly empty rooms.

Ding.. Dong 

The doorbell rang. Ji Eun carefully inched to the door and reluctantly opened it. Behind the door, Seung Ho was waiting outside. He was holding a beautifully wrapped box and a bouquet of white roses. Her favorite.

"Hey beautiful." He leaned in and greeted her with a peck on the cheek in the doorway. He handed her the bouquet of flowers and the gift. "Don't open the present until you are settled in Busan okay." She raised an eyebrow. "Why not?" she questioned him. "Just trust me" he smiled sweetly. "So are you ready?"

"Almost, I'll be right back!" She went missing for a couple minutes. It sounded like she was rummaging through her stuff, and she came back with a small brown package. 

"And this is for you." She handed him the brown package. "However, I want you to open it now." 

A smile lingered on his lips as he carefully tore open the brown package. Inside the box he pulled out an old poloroid camera. He raised an eyebrow and questionably gave her a look. "Isn't this the camera I bought you for your birthday 3 years ago?" She smiled. "Yes. And actually.. it's broken. Since you are my techno geek boyfriend, you're going to fix it!" He shot her a sour look. She cleared . "Ahem. I mean my techno genius boyfriend." She lightly squeezed his arm in a comforting way. 

He chuckled under his breath. "Thanks for the gift." He exclaimed sarcastically. "Oh no there's more" she added. 

Once again he dug through the small box and pulled out a small leather notebook with a fancy pen. " Now that's your goodbye gift. I think you'll find it useful." He pulled her in with his free hand and gave her a side hug. "Thank you. I love you."