Chapter 2

Proof Read
 

It's February and Sulli found herself shopping with Chanyeol. They are looking for a Valentine present, and our oblivious Chanyeol thought that it's a good thing that he brought his best friend with him. He's not good at buying presents anyway.

 

"How about this? "

"That's okay."

"This?"

"Okay.."

 

Chanyeol growled, his bestfriend wasn't helping, whenever he'll ask, she'll say okay. Everything is okay. Until they arrived at the personalized jewelry store, and something caught her attention. It's an eiffel tower necklace, it was small and she likes it because it's cute, but she won't tell Chanyeol, or he'll buy that for Krystal. Unfortunately, the boy was just behind her and noticed her admiration for the necklace.

 

"That's cute right? I'll buy that." Before she could even protest Chanyeol already bought the necklace which was also the last stock. He was so glad they're done that he failed to notice the sad look on Sulli's eyes when the cashier handed him the necklace.

 

--

 

Valentines day came, unluckily, they have classes, which means that Sulli will be stucked, tortured by the sight of the lovey dovey couples around the campus including Chanyeol and Krystal.

 

Chanyeol is kind enough to give her a piece of rose, and a boquet for Krystal. It hurts, but who is she to complain. And again, why the did Chanyeol have to give Krystal that eiffel necklace in front of her. It's killing her both with jealousy and sadness. And of course Krystal just have to Kiss Chanyeol in front of her, full on the lips.

 

please. Get a ing room. And that's how Sulli spent her February 14th. Thank you very much. By this time, her fanfiction is already angsty.

 

---

 

She must have expected it, but she didn't know that it would be on this very special day. Her very special day.

 

It was already dusk when Chanyeol arrived at her house, she was expecting for a gift but instead, a crying Chanyeol welcomed her.

 

"Krystal. left me."

 

Soon enough they're in the garden, with Chanyeol crying his heart out about Krystal, and how he thought she's the one. It's the first time he sees Chanyeol this way and it's hurting her. They sat in silence, listening to  Chanyeol's suppressed sobs, and her birthday was long forgotten.

 

---

 

It's May, and Chanyeol's still not with Krystal. Sulli thinks he's moving on. And everything's back to normal, they're having the time of their lives and it's near graduation.

 

Chanyeol found Sulli seating alone as always in the cafeteria, scrolling her iPhone.

 

"What's keeping you busy?" He asked, the girl shook her head, eyes still on the screen. Then after a minute or two, she showed her a picture. A blond boy and a girl, he knows they're celebrities, he'd seen them on TV.

 

"They look good together right? This is Heechul and Jinri!" she was again scrolling the screen of her phone.

 

"Don't you think it's impossible that they won't like each other? They're close, and they belong to the same company. He's a boy and she's a girl. So it's really not impossible for one not to like the other. Right?" She asked, her undivided attention still on her phone.

 

"Say Sulli, is it possible that you like me?" Chanyeol was already grinning at the aghast expression coming from his bestfriend.

 

"Are you drunk? Cause you're talking nonsense." Sulli's praying that she's not blushing, or else Chanyeol would notice.

 

"Why? I' m a handsome boy, and you're a girl, we're close. it's not impossible that you'll like me." He was of course joking, and he knows Sulli isn't buying any of that.

 

"And you're my bestfriend. So shut up." She said, although her heart really wants to protest and say he's right.

 

--

 

"Mom, Dad, I want to go to Seoul." Sulli said the a week before graduation. She's not expecting them to agree but even if they oppose, she's made up her mind. "I'm going to work there."

 

"But Sulli! That's too far from here." Her mother reasoned out, looking out for help from her father.

 

"I know Mom, i'm going to rent a room, i already did something about that."

 

"But how are you going to feed yourself? You don't even know how to do household chores!"

 

"Dad, I found a job. I can manage. And I have savings. I'll live." said Sulli reassuringly.

 

"Why does it seems like you already decide for yourself."

 

"I did. I'm just letting you know." She sighed, waiting for any arguments that would arise from her sudden decision. She'd been planning about it for a while now, and since it's near graduation, she decided that it's time to let her parents know.

 

"Well. What else can we do? You're too persistent, and we know we couldn't stop you. When are you going?"

 

Sulli looked up expectantly at her dad, she couldn't believe they'll agree that fast. She's already smiling from ear to ear.

 

"After Graduation! Thanks Mom, Dad!" She squealed as she launched herself at them for a hug. Of course. Parents are the best!

 

---

 

Now for the confessing part, Sulli thinks it's time for her to confess, she remembered having a crush when she was still in elementary and she thought of revealing him her feelings on their graduation day, but it never happened.

 

Whatever the result is, the outcome would still be the same, it's up to him to do something. Graduation day it is!

 

---

 

This day is one of the happiest moment of her life, finally, studying is over. She's had enough of that she thought. And she was hugging Chanyeol tight, both almost jumping because of too much joy. They did it.

 

Their families celebrated separately this time, Sulli said that she needs sometime alone with her family, because tomorrow, she'll be gone. For good.

 

That night, she called Chanyeol to meet her at the park near their house. Although she told him to meet her at 9, she was there 30 minutes earlier, with a little box at hand, heart beating erraticaly and palms sweating because of nervousness. And then she waits.

 

Chanyeol was running on her direction, waving at her, and her heart almost stops beating. Chanyeol is really handsome although she wouldn't admit it to him. He remembered him pouting whenever she'll say that no he's not handsome so he should stop patronizing himself.

 

A hand waving right in her face distracted her and she almost jump out of shock. Chanyeol is grinning by now, occupying the seat beside her.

 

"So why did you call me here? We have our celebration tomorrow right?" Chanyeol asked.

 

Sulli nodded and tightened her hold on the small box before saying "I have to tell you something."  She was trying not to look at him, she's too nervous to do so, so she just stared at her hands.

 

"Why do i get the feeling that you're too serious?" Chanyeol asked, looking at her with a frown.

 

"It is, I'm about to confess to you." Sulli said, and even though she might look calm outside, everything inside her went mad. Looking up, she saw Chanyeol's confused expression. "I'm inlove with you for a long time now."

 

And Time stops, with both of them staring at each others eyes. They just sit there, and Sulli's waiting, until Chanyeol scoffs, at the same time, breaking her heart. He thinks it's a joke.

 

"You're joking! Let's go home, you're sleepy!" He said taking Sulli's hands with him, but Sulli doesn't move an inch."You can't be serious. We're bestfriends."

 

"I am. and i didn't say that you have to return it." Sulli sighed, of course, she didn't have to be genius to know that she's rejected.

 

"But, Sulli, You know, I don't want to hurt you. Can't we just return to our normal state? Bestfriends? You're just confused, you should hang-out with other people more." What Chanyeol didn't know was, what he's saying is hurting Sulli more than he could imagine.

 

"I can't do that. Did you know, that when one confesses to the one she loves, and she already knows that she's rejected, she's thinking of never seeing him again." She's trying hard not to cry, and she's very pro at it, being a fangirl she knows how to contain all the feels. Stretching out her hand, she handed him the small box. "That's my graduation gift. Throw it or Keep it."

 

And that's when she walked out of his sight and out of his life. Chanyeol sat there rooted to the spot, still contemplating what just happened, he opened the small box. Inside was a silver necklace, with a white button as a pendant, then a letter on a post-it note.

 

    Channie,

        This button is the 2nd button on my uniform. I read from a fic that during graduation, guys and girls give it to someone special, symbolizing their love, because it's the button close to their heart! Cheesy right? You're free to throw it! Just don't throw the silver necklace, that costs one album. Congratulations anyway. ^^

 

     Lots of love, Sulli.

 

Chanyeol smiled after reading the letter, then frowned afterwards. He doesn't know what to do, his bestfriend confessed to him and what was he suppose to say. Shaking his head he decided to just go home, he'll talk to Sulli tomorrow.

 

 

--

 
 
 
A/N: What a short update.TT Better read Chapter 1 again, :) I edited it. Added some details here and there. Hehe. :)
So please do. And I might edit it again sometime. lol Lots of editing. I'm sorry.
So It's 3chapters. Im sure. :D