Chapter 3

Proof Read

 

That night, Sulli didn't sleep, the truth is that she's not sure on what awaits her in Seoul. Daejeon is just a train away, and she could go back whenever she feels like it, but she won't go back, she'll be the big girl that she is, and she'll manage by herself. 
 
After her thinking spree, she decided to just fix her things, all the fan goods and stuffs are left in the house, aside from few photobooks and Dvd, so she won't get bored, and the rest are locked up on her closet. Then, she opened her laptop, and frowned, there are still a number of fanfics that she needs to complete, including Chanyeol and hers. Her thoughts drifted to her bestfriend, then to what happened earlier, she was rejected, the fact made her smile bitterly. She just ruined their lifetime friendship. It's okay though because she's going anyway, but what hurtst the most than love being rejected, is when the one you love doesn't want to acknowledge it. Why can't people just be thankful that they're being loved? In the end, both hurts. In the end her love is just unrequited. This time, she cried, she's been holding back the
 tears for quite a long time now. She cried and promised herself that it would be the last. Who knows, she might find her soulmate in Seoul. 
 
Dawn seemed to follow midnight in a haste, and Sulli's already on the train station, her parents are with her, giving her a few reminders here and there, and telling her every now and then that if something wrong happens, she's free to go back. 
 
"What about Chanyeol? He knows this right?" His father asked, and she lied, nodding. Then she averted the topic and bid goodbye to them and boarded the train. 
 
When the train moves, her grip on her baggage tightens. This is it. There's no turning back now. 
 
--
 
4 years later..
 
--
 
In an office in Seoul, a certain wavy haired blonde man is looking outside the glass window of his office, observing the busy street outside the building, in hopes of finding a raven-haired girl walking down the street. He's now the manager of his own company, a publishing company. His father helped him build this business and by now he can say that he's already successful in this line. His life is almost complete. Almost.
 
"Chanyeol! I found something that might interest you!" the blond turned aroundd and smiled at the owner of the voice, then looked at her expectantly.
 
"What is it Krystal?" he asked the girl that she knew for how many years now. They've been together for a long time, up until now.
 
"You know my friend Luna? She's also a fan of Super Junior!" He frowned at the mention of the boy group, some unwanted thoughts creeping back, as he remembered his bestfriend's undying love for those boys.
 
"And? What about them? Disbanded?" He asked, imagining what Sulli's reaction would be once she heard this news, she'd go ballistic for sure, and cry like it's the end of the world. 
 
"No, not that! Have you read fanfictions? You know, about couples from the group? They pair them up.." Krystal's voice faded into the background, as a memory clouded up his mind, the one where he discovered that his friend was writing fanfictions about male couple.
 
"Hey are you listening to me? I think I found Sulli's works." Krystal exclaimed grinning at him, like she just won the lottery. Chanyeol could only gape at her. So she found it, then? What would he do? "I mean Luna found it. She goes by the name "eyesmileprincess" suits her right!"
 
"And what about that? You want me to read her works? That's impossible, I'm not interested in gay fanfictions." Krystal smack his head in return.
 
"That's not it! She wrote a story about you!" Chanyeol went rigid. Sulli wrote a story about them? But, Why? How?
 
"Rea.. really? Why?" He asked Krystal, even though he knows that she doesn't know the answer.
 
"Because she loves you? Well  your name wasn't used but I'm sure it's about you." She strode towards his laptop and typed the address, Livejournal, and then she typed her account. "I made an account to read her stories, feel free to use it." 
 
Sulli's profile is simple, there was her display picture. Then all the stuffs are Super Junior. Krystal clicked her masterlist, and then another link, that was the title of one story. 
 
"The Story of Us." it read.
 
"Your name is Heechul, she might've changed it since this was supposed to be a story with Super Junior in it, but she used her name as the female lead. " After that, Krystal bid goodbye, he needs some time alone she said, and she left him alone staring at the screen. The story is multi-chaptered and it didn't take long for him to realize that it's left unfinished, the last update was 4 years ago. He read it anyway.
 
--
 
"The final draft should be passed by 11pm?" The news have the girl flabbergasted as she adjust her round spectacles and slumped on the table dramatically. Seriously, her job was giving her all the stress in the world combined. It's a miracle that she chose to stay in this job, but she didn't havd a choice, it's the only job that she knows aside from being a waiter in Kyochon, her first job when she moved in Seoul, 4 years ago. 
 
Rubbing the non-existent itch on her hair, she looked at her watch, it's already 9pm. Two more hours to finish the children's book that she have to write, before giving it tothe editor, and before publishing it.
 
Right, Sulli is an author of children's books. By this time she already had 6 of her books published. It wasn't that hard, writing children's book. She only needs a few interesting characters, a setting, a plot and the moral of the story. It  should be simple since the kids are her target market.  This job earned her a good amount of money and she like this job because she owns her time and she's not obliged to go to their office everyday. 
 
Now. back to her dillemma, she's not yet finished typing the final draft, sighing, she started doing her  work. 
 
--
 
 
Chanyeol's done reading the story, Krystal is right, the story was indeed about him and his bestfriend. What he read brought him good old memories, and he realized how much he misses Sulli. It's been 4 long years, and they still haven't seen each other. The girl was clearly avoiding him because she didn't attend their annual reunions nor text him or answer his calls. So after a month when Sulli left, he gave up contacting her, it's his fault that Sulli went to Seoul anyway or so he thinks.
 
He glanced at his laptop again, the story was detailed, up until now he could still remember what was written in there, the good and bad memories. He didn't know that Sulli's already harboring strong feelings towards him, he should have paid attention, then he should have known, known that Sulli was already falling harder for him, and when he was already hurting her. 
 
His feelings for her, he doesn't know, but one things for sure, he didn't date anyone ever since the last night when she confessed, thinking it would hurt Sulli if he did. 
 
The story seems lacking, here and there, and there are some grammar mistakes that needs to be corrected. So without even thinking he typed something on the comment box and pressed send.
 
---
 
It has been a week since Sulli beat the deadline for her book, and so here she is, seating quite comfortably in one of her favorite cafe, because of the fact that it was  owned by the Super Junior members, KonaBeans. It's 4pm, and she's craving for something sweet, then, she thought of calling Minseok for a company, they haven't seen each other in a week, she misser her Baozhi.
 
" Ah! Miss Jinri! Nice to see you again!" Sulli smiled at the boy same as her age, in the counter. It was Sungjin, Sungmin's brother. She's been a patron of the cafe so the boy already knows her pen name, Jinri. "What would you like to have?"
 
"Cafe Americano, and Oreo Cheesecake. I'll eat here." She said, adjusting her spectacles, then fishing out her money from her bag. 
 
She settled on the corner of the shop, her favorite place and took out her iPad. She's free for the whole day so no worries at all. And Minseok will be arriving later.
 
She checked her mail, for updates from the editor and found out that she haven't email-ed her yet. then another one from livejournal. This was unusual, it's been ages since someone sent her a message from the sight. Clearly, she already said that she'll  stop writing 2 years ago, but then curiosity made her click on the link. 
 
It's a comment on her story "The Story of Us." The comment says: Ms. Eyesmileprincess, your story is good. But there are some grammatical errors in it. And the last part is lackluster. Can I copy-read it for you?^^
 
A smile grazed on her lips, the girl is kinda bold, it's a girl since the username is applesauce, would a guy use that name? Whatever. It was when she read the title that a frown appeared on her face. The Story of Us? Shaking her head, she responded to the comment.
 
--
 
A:N: It's not the end!! But I thought it's just 3 parts. haha. :( so here is the third part. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm in the process. I just thought that I owe you all an update. >.< so. yeah/ Sorry for the grammatical errors and typos and whatever. my fingers are already hurting with all the typing. TT But thanks for reading anyway. :)))))