Nine Months

Just My Imagination

 

 

 

 

 

As the tiny little baby was lying there in her arms, Yoona couldn't help but to be amazed at how after just nine months, something so little and so perfect could've made it out of her. It had been nine months with ups and downs, but mostly it had been nine months of bliss.

The first month, Yoona hadn't given it any thought that she might be pregnant. She and Taecyeon had only been married for a year, and they hadn't really thought of having a baby so soon. They were very happy together and wanted kids someday, but at the moment, she was rather occupied with her life, and Taecyeon was always busy with work, so neither of them gave it too much thought. She had thought that she was simply sick when she threw up, because everyone she knew had came down with the flu.

The second month however, Taecyeon had known something was wrong when Yoona had fainted while cooking, and he had immediately rushed her to the hospital. Well there, they had told her that she was simply pregnant, and that nothing was wrong whatsoever. Surprised, yet ecstatic over the news, there had been no hesitation over keeping the baby, because even though it wasn't planned, they both wanted it. They told their friends and family, who were all happy for them and Taecyeon’s mom and dad were particularly thrilled since it was their first grandchild. Yoona was surprisingly calm throughout the month but cried when they had received their first ultrasound picture, even though the little peanut in the picture was barely even noticeable.

The third month though, the hormones had gotten to her. She had been throwing up everyday, four times a day and was noticeably irritable. She would yell at Taecyeon when he got home from work, and she would go through every emotion on the entire emotion scale in less than an hour, from insane and throwing vases around as Taecyeon tried to duck, to being completely calm and collected in a very not Yoona like manner, to crying uncontrollably for no reason while Taecyeon hopelessly tried to comfort her.

Taecyeon quickly learned during this phase when he should talk to Yoona, when he should be quiet, and when he should stay away completely, but he was always there for her.

The fourth month, things had been settling down to average again. Yoona's morning sicknesses had been less frequent now and less hard on her, and it made her really start to enjoy being pregnant. She had that pregnancy glow that everyone always talked about, but as did the father to be. Taecyeon was always beaming with pride as he told his colleagues about his pregnant wife at home, and he missed her like crazy when he went to work, and tried to sneak home to her during breaks. He didn't mind at all when Yoona told him to get this or that for the severe food cravings she was having. It was everything from chocolate cookies in warm milk to ice cream and pickles in the weirdest combinations, and some of things were definitely less appetizing in Taecyeon's eyes, but he never could deny his wife anything.

The fifth month had been one of the most exciting. Yoona had started putting on a little weight, and a tiny bump was visible when she wore some of her clothes, though most people wouldn't notice her being pregnant if they didn't know how petite she normally was. It was also the time when they could finally feel the baby move for the first time. It had felt like a little flutter from a butterfly wing, and Yoona had been so excited that she had immediately called Taecyeon at work, and he had rushed home, pushing the speed limit getting there so he could feel it too. He had placed his hands gently on her stomach, afraid that he would somehow scare the movement away if he was careless. At first, he hadn't felt anything because the baby wouldn't move, but at last he felt it too, a tiny flutter. It had been so light at first, barely noticeable, but it was there, it was their baby's.

The sixth month had been when Yoona had really starting to show, and she had both excited and sad at the realization that she had outgrown all of her old clothes and had to go shopping for new ones at the maternity section. Another ultrasound stated the baby's , and Yoona had cried like crazy at the sound of the news, and even Taecyeon had let a tiny tear slip at the words, it's a girl. It was finally becoming so real. In just a few months, they would be holding a little baby girl in their arms, and they immediately started suggesting names, but couldn't agree on anything.

The seventh month, Yoona had started going crazy with her baby shopping. She had suddenly realized that it was only two months left until the baby would arrive, and she needed to put the nursery together before then. She had spent her days looking for cribs, playpens and clothes and everything else that the baby would be needing the next five years, and her Soshi members had helped her paint the nursery in yellow and pink. Yoona had also felt it was time to baby proof everything in the entire house, something Taecyeon came to notice one morning when he realized that he couldn't open the refrigerator without Yoona telling him how the lock worked.

The eight month, Yoona had gotten annoyed. The very active baby had kicked hard all the time, and carrying around over thirty pounds of excess weight had made her back starting to hurt. She had barely been able to feel or see her feet anymore, and she had blown up the size of an air balloon. Taecyeon had insisted she still looked as beautiful as ever, and she really had. It wasn't until this month however that their life had severely started to suffer. Previously, it hadn't bothered Yoona to have during the pregnancy, but now that she was too big to almost walk, she was certainly not keen on having . Yoona had definitely felt it was time for the baby to just pop out of her, and it had been with a mixture of anticipation and excitement that she and Taecyeon counted down the days until December 27th when the baby was supposed to be born, also the date of Taecyeon’s birthday.

In the ninth and final month, at noon the twenty third of December, Yoona's water had broken. She had immediately called Taecyeon and he had rushed home from a recording and drove his wife to the hospital. The staff had placed the parents to be in room shared with a few other couples, and Taecyeon had stayed with Yoona, holding her hand all the way through her contractions until the doctors had finally said she was dilated a full ten centimeters. When the pain had gotten unbearable, Yoona screamed for every drug they could find even though she had wanted to keep the birth as natural as possible, and Taecyeon had been by her side through it all, never letting go of her hand. Finally, after all the excruciating and exhausting hours, one last push, and a fragile baby scream had filled the room. Taecyeon had gotten to cut the umbilical cord, and he'd nearly cried at the first sight of their beautiful little girl.

A few hours after the birth, the new little family was alone together in a nice, little room at the hospital. 2PM and Soshi members and Taec’s parents and Yoona’s appa had already came to see the newest little clan member, and Yoona’s appa hadn't been able to get enough of her, Taec’s appa eventually having to shove him out of the room so Taecyeon and Yoona could get some privacy with their first born. Yoona’s appa and Taec’s appa had immediately gone out in the hall where the rest of the group were waiting, and he started nagging on his daughter, demanding another grandchild.

Everything was perfect as the happy family lay there. Taecyeon had been the first to hold the little girl, but she was lying peacefully in the arms of her mother now. Yoona had been terrified during the pregnancy that she wouldn't know how to hold the baby or that she would break her somehow, but now, with the little girl resting so peacefully in her arms, everything felt so simple and natural. Taecyeon couldn't take his eyes off of either of his two favorite girls, and both of the new parents were amazed at the little one that was theirs. This was what life was all about, this was what they had been waiting for.

"I've been thinking…" Yoona said, not taking her eyes of the little girl. “I think we should call her Yoo Yeon. What do you think?"

Taecyeon looked at the tiny baby in his wife's arms and couldn't agree more. The baby looked like a nice mixture between the two of them. She seemed to have Yoona's mouth and nose, but definitely Taecyeon's eyes and ears. 'Ok Yoo Yeon' Taecyeon said, allowing himself to feel every aspect of the name. It was perfect. "It suits her."

Yoona nodded and looked down on their tiny miracle. It had taken those nine months to have this beautiful little girl, and it couldn't have been more worth it. Nine months of bliss, more or less, Yoona thought remembering the ups and downs of the pregnancy, and smiling to herself as she recalled the memories. Then she looked at the product of it all, the soft and tiny baby that lay in her arms, and said in a gentle voice, "Ok Yoo Yeon, welcome to the world…"