sunggyu

KPOP ONESHOTS
i walked into our apartment feeling a little more upset than usual. my boss had blamed me for something one of my colleagues did, and even though the misunderstanding had been cleared up, it still felt bad to be accused. i put my bag down on the floor just as sunggyu came over.

"yeobo, you're home!" he smiled, and his eyes disappeared for a brief moment. but then he saw that i didn't smile my usual toothy smile back at him.

"what's wrong?" he came over and gave me his shoulder to hold onto as i took off my shoes. "did something happen at work?" i sighed and motioned for him to sit down on the couch, and told him about the whole fiasco. he listened attentively, and when i had finished talking, he brought me into a hug and patted my back.

"it's okay, things like this will happen." he pulled back and looked into my eyes. "the only thing you can do is to file them away in your brain and focus on what's next, okay? you're strong!" i smiled and cupped his face. "gomawo, oppa." i then squished his cheeks together and laughed. his eyes had completely disappeared and he had fish lips.

"ngyah! s-s-sssssshtop!!" he was half-heartedly trying to pull my hands away, and his whole body was shaking from laughter. i jiggled his face up and down once more and let go. he stretched his face, opening and closing his mouth, and i couldn't help but giggle. he looks like a yawning hamster. sunggyu looked at me and smirked.

"does looking at my beautiful face make you feel better?"
"yeah, but you know what would be even better?"
"what, touching my beautiful face?" 
wow, this snarky dork. "no, you singing the high note in 'Because,' your solo from the Paradise album."
"really?" he smiled and straightened up on the couch. "okay then...get ready!" he begun by singing a few lines before the high note, and when he reached it...

"niga do nukkyojyyyooooOOOOooooooo..." i burst out laughing.

OH MY GOODNESS, HAHAHAHA, HIS VOICE CRACKED

OH MY GOD, my voice cracked! a singer of my level should not crack their voice in a performance! especially in front of their girlfriend, too!

"y-yah...stop laughing! i'm warning you!!" my laughing gradually diminished to little snorts, and i looked up and sunggyu, who was looking away and whose ears were bright red at the tips. a silence eventually fell over us.

"...you must think that i'm kind of lame now, huh?" sunggyu looked like he was about to tear up. he was really proud of his voice, and for it to crack when it was needed the most was a complete shame to him.

awwww, sunggyu, now the comforter needs to be comforted... i slid closer to him. 

"hey, gyu-ah, look at me." i nudged him gently. he turned his head towards me and his eyes flew open when i shoved him over and climbed on top of him.

"b-b-bwoh?! w-what are you doing? i don't-" i silenced him with a rough kiss. he froze at first, but soon he was kissing back. i broke the kiss and stared straight at him.

"sunggyu! pay attention to what i say!" he nodded dizzily, still shocked from the kiss, because i had never initiated any kisses we had before.

"i love your voice! i don't care if it cracks or isn't the correct pitch, or if it's too soft or too loud, i love it anyway!" i kissed him again, but softer this time.

"i...love your eyes too. don't listen to other people saying how they're too small, because they are perfect." he scrunched up both as i kissed them. 

"your perfect, straight nose..."

kiss.

"your jawline..."

kiss.

"your hair..." i kissed his lips again and ran my fingers through his silky hair. i looked back at his face and saw that his eyes were still shut, but there were tears coming out from the sides. he noticed that i stopped and went to put his arm over his eyes to hide his tears.

"...now i'm really uncool, right?" 
"no you're not, you big dork."
"dorks aren't cool though..."
"well, i like dorks."
"..."

she is the one.
i need her by my side. forever. forever and ever. and ever.


he smiled, still covering his eyes with his arm.
"...yeobo."
"yeah?"
he got up slowly, rolling up with me. i sat on the couch, and watched as he got up.

and then knelt down.

"hey..." he said, as he brought out a ring from his pocket.

"will you marry me?"