Chapter 2: "5th Year"

♞ "One Carousel Ride" ♘

 

*Here's chapter 2!This is not edited,sorry if there are mistakes. Enjoy! :D "

 

July 12,2013 5:03 PM

After 30 minutes on the road, Min Hee finally arrived at her destination, the amusement park.  She stared for a while at the amusement park then made her way to the ticket booth. The line was not that long since the amusement park is only totally occupied on weekends or holidays.

“Next, please!” The lady on the ticket booth said.

“One ticket please, Hwa Young Unnie.”  Min Hee beamed at the cashier even if she was looking down

The lady on the ticket booth immediately looked up when she heard the customer called her unnie.

“Oh, Min Hee ah. You’re here. Ahhh, it’s the July 12 today that’s why.”  Hwa Young said while nodding showing that she understands why Min Hee is there.

“Oh, Ne. Here’s my payment.” Min Hee smiled at Hwa Young and handed her the money.

“Enjoy Min Hee ah!” Hwa Young looked up and smiled at Min Hee while she gave to her the ticket and her receipt.

“I will, Unnie. I will.” Minhee bowed lightly then went on the entrance gate.

 

5:12 PM

The amusement park was not crowded so Min Hee felt really happy, the fewer the people are, the faster and shorter the lines are. As usual, she did the same routine she has been doing for the past years. First, she bought one rocky road ice cream and one cookies n’ cream . After that, she rode on the bumper car then on the caterpillar and on the river rafting ride. After her third ride, she went to eat foot long and bought a large sized soda. After she ate, she entered the horror tunnel which was not a good idea because she just ate but she has been following this order for 5 years so  Min Hee  thinks it’s  just fine. After that frightening experience, she rode on the flying scooters then on the roller coasters. Because of those dizzying rides, she played on the mini booths first. As usual, she won a medium size teddy bear and that is a new addition to the other teddy bear she has in her room. After playing on the booths and buying souvenirs, she rode on the Ferris wheel. The view from up there was one of the things Min Hee likes especially the view at that hour. The cold breeze and the bright lights make the scene romantic and cozy.

Min Hee took out her phone and takes a picture of herself with the night view of Seoul as her background. She looks at the picture she took and a smile formed on her face but her smile faded away as soon as she remembered how she and Gongchan used to take pictures every time the Ferris Wheel would halt at the top.

*Flashback*

“Min Hee ah, let’s take a picture!” Gongchan took out his phone and put his arms around Min Hee’s shoulder.

“Huh? Again? This is would be the 8th time that we would take pictures here. Let’s just enjoy the view.” Min Hee complained and removed Gongchan’s hand from her shoulder.

“You’re such a kill joy! Let’s just do a last pose. This is the last one,huh? Please, Min Hee! For your most adorable best friend!” Gongchan pleaded while his hands are clasped together under his chin.

“ My adorable best friend is Fei.” Min Hee stated with a blank face.

“She is your female adorable best friend and I am you male adorable best friend. And for your information Miss Kim Min Hee, you’ve known since like forever. You are really hurting my feelings you know.” Gongchan bit his lip and looked down while shaking his head acting as if he is really hurt.

“Aigooo. You might win the Best Actor Award. Arraso,Arraso. Stop acting,Big Baby.Let’s do whatever pose you want.” Min Hee said as she shifted slightly near Gongchan.

“That’s more I like it!” Gongchan grinned at Min Hee as he wrapped his arms around Min Hee’s shoulder.

“Just smile, Min Hee ah.” Gongchan said as held up his phone.

“That’s the pose you want? I’ve been smiling in all the pictures you took.” Min Hee complained for the second time

“Geez,just smile. Just wait, I’ll do the pose,okay? It’s just that this pose requires a minimum of 2 person.” Gongchan explained while looking straight at Min Hee

“Arraso,arraso. Mianhed,I’ll shut up.” Min Hee acted as if she was zipping

“Good. Here it goes. 1..2…3” Gongchan counted softly

At the count of three, Gongchan kissed Min Hee’s cheek and that startled Min Hee. When Gongchan looked at the photo, Gongchan giggled because of Min Hee’s shocked expression. On the other hand, MiN Hee was still in a state of shock because of what happened.

“Did that just---happened?Kiss…he..me..And why am I blushing?! It was just a peck on the cheeks. ” Min Hee thought to herself as she felt her cheeks heating.

Gongchan looked at Min Hee who was still staring at nowhere. “Yah,Hello to earth,Min Hee.” Gongchan snapped his fingers in front of Min Hee to catch her attention.

“Huh?What?Arewegoingdown?ImhungryIm thirstyLet’seat!” Min Hee asked fastly without even pausing

“Yah,Gwenchana? Are you rapping or talking? We’ll eat when we get down. We’re still like 20 feet from the ground you know, try going down now and you’ll end your life in a snap.” Gongchan said while holding in his laughter.

“You’re the one who caused me to be like this. Who told you to kiss me?” Min Hee whispered and she suddenly blushed as she remembered what happened few minutes ago.

*End of Flasback*

Min Hee tried to hold back her tears at the sudden thought of one of the moments she and Gongchan shared together. It has been 5 years since she and Gongchan last saw each other but the memories they had together would stay fresh in her mind and heart.

 

6:45 PM

After Min Hee rode on the Ferris wheel, she bought a pink cotton candy and a blue one too. She immediately looked for a certain ride, the last one she’ll be seeing, the carousel.

As she gets nearer and nearer to the carousel, she can slowly see the sparkling light surrounding the carousel. She can hear the cute song playing while the carousel is slowly spinning. As soon as Min Hee stopped in front of the carousel, she can hear the laughter of the children who are enjoying the ride, she can feel the sweetness of the couples who are having a conversation on the carousel and she can see the smiles on the faces of the grandparents who are accompanying their cute little grandchildren.

“It would be nice if Gongchan was still here by my side.Why did he have to leave me?” Min Hee mumbled to herself.

“Here I am again standing on the same spot, holding the same color of cotton candy, same time and staring at the same ride. This is my fifth year doing this, going to the amusement park and riding all the rides there, buying the same foods and souvenirs but there is one amusement ride that I never rode on, the carousel.

That carousel is very special to me but I just like staring at it and reminisce the good moments that I had there. But even if I only keep on thinking the good things that occurred, my bitter past still keeps on bothering me and I’m sure that no matter how I try to forget about it, it would still leave a mark in my life.

 If ever I’m gonna ride that carousel again, I’m gonna make sure it’s also with a special person, the one wouldn’t leave me….the one that I can’t live without… “  Min Hee thought to herself as tears started to build up on her eyes.