Chapter 3: "The aching heart"

♞ "One Carousel Ride" ♘

*Chapter 3!It's a long chapter but I hope you guys won't get bored. :) This was not edited,sorry if there would be mistakes. Enjoy! :D *

 

July 12, 2013 7:20 PM

Min Hee’s POV

“Here I am again standing on the same spot, holding the same color of cotton candy, same time and staring at the same ride. This is my fifth year doing this, going to the amusement park and riding all the rides there, buying the same foods and souvenirs but there is one amusement ride that I never rode on, the carousel.

That carousel is very special to me but I just like staring at it and reminisce the good moments that I had there. But even if I only keep on thinking the good things that occurred, my bitter past still keeps on bothering me and I’m sure that no matter how I try to forget about it, it would still leave a mark in my life.

 If ever I’m gonna ride that carousel again, I’m gonna make sure it’s also with a special person, the one wouldn’t leave me….the one that I can’t live without… “ I thought to myself as tears started to build up in my eyes.

I don’t want to cry here and make a scene so I decided to go to the bathroom. As I was on my way to the ladies’ restroom, something caught my attention or I should rather say “somebody” caught my attention.I heard 2 voices so I hid behind the wall and peeked to see if who were there and I saw a guy and a girl who I think are a couple on an isolated part near the bathroom that seems to be having a very serious conversation. I thought it would be best if I’ll just leave because I don’t really have a serious business to do in the bathroom and so that I won’t interrupt them but I suddenly heard the guy screamed. I don’t mean to eavesdrop on what they are talking about  because I know that I’m a civilized person but curiosity got the best of me, I just can’t help to listen to their argument or whatsoever. I kept hiding behind the wall and listened carefully to what they are saying.

“CHOOSE,YOONA!CHOOSE!” The guy who seemed to be around 5’8 tall shouted to the girl who he called by the name,Yoona. The guy has a fair skin complexion and he’s really handsome but I can’t really see the face of the girl named Yoona because her back is facing me.

“Don’t make me choose. You might not like my answer.” Yoona looked up to the guy and pointed her index finger at him.

The guy seemed to be really taken aback by what Yoona said to him because he remained silent for a couple of seconds before answering back. He placed both of his hands on his waist and looked down. He let out a big sigh before looking back at his girlfriend.

“So you really chose that role over me? Was I wrong in believing that you love me?!”  The guy screamed and tears started forming in his eyes.

“I do love you but you know this is my dream! I dreamed about playing this role ever since I was a child and now that the opportunity is in front of me I can’t just let it pass! I love you but…” Yoona shouted back and tears started to flow out from her eyes.

She looked away from his boyfriend and that is when I saw her face. She has a pair of innocent black eyes, fair complexion, pinkish lips and in short she has an angelic face. No wonder why this guy seems to be madly in love with her.

“But… how about us? The things we planned and the memories we shared together? Are you going to throw that away?” The guy who has seemed to calmed down to his girlfriend with a pleading voice. I know the look he has on his face. I can see sadness and despair the way he looks at the girl he loves. I know because I have been there. I felt that way before maybe more painful than what he feels now. Pity started to envelope my whole body as I look at that guy’s face. Even if it’s obvious that he’s just trying to stay strong, his feelings won over him as tears started to flow out of his eyes.

“You know how important this dream is to me. I can’t just let it pass just like this. I have dedicated my life to my dream ever since I was a child just to be the best. I’m so sorry if this would hurt you. But my dream is my life and you know that.” Yoona explained without even looking at the guy’s face.

“You consider it as your life, of course you would choose it. I’m just your boyfriend.” The guy answered back pretending that he understands it all.

“It’s not that. I do love you but… I’m sorry, I’ve already made a choice and I choose to follow my dreams. Maybe if we are really for each other, destiny will find its way for us. But for now, I--- I just--- I don’t know. If not, someday you’ll find the right one for you. I’m really sorry. Goodbye.”  With that, Yoona left his boyfriend in tears. I suddenly panicked when I saw her coming towards where I am hiding. I took out my phone and pretended that I just came and was busy texting someone.

We had an eye contact for a few seconds but she immediately looked away and ran maybe to hide her eyes that are now reddish because of crying. Seeing her cry like that tells me that she loves her boyfriend who is now her ex-boyfriend it’s just that maybe her dream is something that makes her who she is and I can’t blame her for that. But I really feel sad for that guy, he seems to be really nice and it shows how much he loves her.

I looked back to see if the guy was still there and I saw no signs of him so I thought that he passed by the opposite way and that makes sense because I didn’t see anybody aside from that girl that passed by this way. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 8PM so I’ve decided to go home.

While I was on my way to the exit door, I saw the guy earlier on the other side walking like a lost puppy. His eyes are completely glued on the ground and he was walking like a zombie. I didn’t notice that I was watching him closely until he bumped into someone and I think there’s something wrong that will happen.

“Hey,look what you’ve done! Watch where you are going, dude.” A tall man with a good body built dusted off his sleeve because the sleeve of his white plain polo which was clean few seconds ago was now stained with soda.

The “broken-hearted” guy didn’t even bother to look up and just continued walking which made the situation worse. The big man he bumped into got mad and pushed him but he didn’t fight back.

“Yah, don’t you know how to apologize?” The big man asked with an angry voice while pointing his index finger at the poor guy.

I don’t want the “broken-hearted” guy to be beaten up; he had enough for the day. I don’t want him to go home with a broken heart and a broken face. As a civilized person, I decided to help that poor guy when I saw the big man pulling the collar of the “broken-hearted” guy’s shirt.

“Wait!Stop!” I screamed at the big man and fortunately he listened to me and let go of that poor guy’s shirt from his strong looking hands.

“Are you with this young man?” The big man asked and tried to calmed down as he saw people started to crowd around us.

“Ne, ahjussi. If he has done something wrong, I apologize on his behalf. Let’s just not make a scene here. “ I bowed and explained as if I don’t know what happened as I pulled him closer to me and cling in his arm.

“Arraso,arraso. Just keep on eye at him. He might bother other people again. Better yet, take him home because he looks like a drunken person.” The big man said before he left the area still with an irritated look on his face.

I looked at the poor guy’s face and he looks more handsome up close. He has angelic features just like his girlfriend. He has a brown fluffy looking hair, a pair of black eyes that gives off a soft and gentle feeling, a well defined jaw line and kissable lips.

“Yah,Min Hee! It’s not time to define a handsome guy’s face.” I thought to myself as we made our way out of the amusement park.

This guy didn’t seem to mind a stranger holding him or maybe because he’s not in his right state of mind as of this moment that’s why he didn’t even notice. I see myself in him; I’ve been in his situation. The only difference I can think of is that I consider mine more painful.

I’ve planned to call a cab for him but it suddenly started to rain and I didn’t have my umbrella so we have no choice but to run. I tried to pull him to the nearest coffee shop I saw for the meantime so we won’t get soaked in the rain but he didn’t even move. No matter how I try to pull him, it seems like he doesn’t want to leave.

“Excuse me, but we need to go somewhere dry. You might get sick. Let’s go.” I told him but he didn’t even budge.

“If I get sick, do you think she’ll be worried?” The guy finally spoke.

I was slightly shocked by what he said. I can feel the sadness in his voice. I do understand him but he shouldn’t be like this.

“Do you think she’ll come back running in my arms?” He looked directly at my eyes and asked. Even if it’s raining, I can see that he’s crying. I know the look in his eyes. His eyes tell everything he feels right now: sadness, hopelessness, regrets.

“This is not the solution. Give yourself sometime to think. Don’t try to get yourself sick. It’s not the end of the world.” I told him while shaking his shoulders.

“It’s easy for you to say cause you don’t know how it feels like!” He screamed at me and removed my hands from his shoulders. He went down on his knees and cried.

“I don’t know how it feels like? Yeah,right. Do you think she’ll comeback if she sees you like this? I know it’s not easy, I understand you! But please, can we please go somewhere dry and talk about this there?” I yelled back at him.

“Leave me alone, please. I don’t need anyone to help me. I don’t need you.” He said in a calmer voice without looking at me.

“Okay!Fine! Do whatever you want! I’ll leave!” With that I ran on to the other side and left him soaking in the rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy looked at Min Hee who ran to the other side of the road. He was still there crying on his knees. He was lost and he doesn’t know what he would do. He looked at the sky and started crying even more.

“What are you doing to yourself, Luhan?”  Luhan asked himself and looked down with his hands over his head. There he was, crying under the rain on a cold Friday night.