Moving In

Running High

Ji Hyo's eyes slowly opened. She stared blankly at her phone on the table, thinking about what had happened the day before. Running High. Penguin. Giraffe. Muscle man. Short mean dude. Sighing, she got up from the comfort of her bed and walked sluggishly towards the bathroom. As she brushed her teeth, she eyed her hair. Her shoulder length hair. It was already short, yet HaHa had said it made her look more like a girl. She didn't want it any shorter. As tomboy as she was, she still had her feminine, fashionable side. And it wasn't like she would be able to get in. She shrugged then spit the froth from and gargled with water.

Ji Hyo eyed the instant noodles in her cupboard. It was lunch time, but she wasn't really hungry. Instead, she made herself a cup of coffee. Ji Hyo then walked out her apartment, with her coffee, to check her mail. She pulled out three letters, then walked back into the apartment. She looked at them boredly. Then her eyes widened at the third letter.

"To Song Ji Hoon,
From Running High."

She put her cup aside and tore open the letter. Her eyes scanned the text.

"Dear Ji Hoon,
You have been accepted into Running High with a scholarship.
Move into Running High dorms by today.

From,
Go Dong Wan."

She stared at the rather short, but unbelievable letter, her eyes frozen to the page. The corners of her gaping mouth turned upwards as she read the letter again and again. She wasn't even thinking when she ran to her bedside and dialled HaHa.

"Yoboseyo?" she heard the voice on the other end say.

"HaHa!" she squealed. "I... I was accepted! With a scholarship!"

"Ah, Ji Hoonie," the boy chuckled. "Accepted into what? Scholarship?"

"Into Running High!" She was now rolling on her bed.

"What?! But it's only been a day!" HaHa's disbelief could be heard even through the phone.

"I know right?" She grinned. "I'll be moving to the dorms today."

"Do you need help?"

"No, I'll be fine. Bye!"

"Wait, Ji Hoonie-" Ji Hyo had hung up before he could finish his sentence. Whatever it was, she didn't really care. She kicked the air for a little while more, still squealing, then remembered she had to pack up. She clasped her hands together, then rolled off her bed.

* * *

She skipped out of her apartment and down to the ground floor with only two luggage bags. She didn't have much in her home. The girl was about to catch a  cab, when she saw the familiar person, standing by a black car, waving at her.

"Dong Hoon!" she gasped. She watched as he jogged in front of her.

"I came," he said. He wore his round black lensless glasses, and a normal black cap. An ped checkered jacket was worn over a white tee, with tattered and faded black shorts. On his feet, he wore a pair of black converse shoes.

"Yah! I told you I was alright!" she snapped. She didn't like how he was treating her like a lost child who needed someone to get her to wherever it was. And she didn't like how he kept trying to get closer to her like as though he wanted to know her secrets, or at least the one particular secret.
She nearly regretted her outburst when she saw the boy recoil and look at her with sad eyes.

"Mianhe," he apologised again. "I just thought you'd need a lift was all."

Ji Hyo sighed. "I understand." She placed an arm around the boy's shoulder. "Since you're already here, I'll take a lift."

The boy dropped his sad puppy look and walked happily to the car, his arm around Ji Hyo's shoulder too.

* * *

"You didn't cut your hair?" HaHa asked while they were on their way to the school.

"No," she replied.

"I'll take you to a hair salon then," he said. He leaned towards the driver's seat to tell the driver where to go, but was interrupted by Ji Hyo's yell.

"No!" her eyes were wide as she yelled at him. Her hair was her life.

"Wae- I mean, mianhe," he muttered.

"Stop apologising all the time," she snapped.

"Mianhe," HaHa said instinctively, then covered his mouth. Ji Hyo rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to cut my hair," she sighed.

"Wae?"

"Because," she thought for a second, then frustrated, just said whatever was on her mind. "My father cut it for me before he died." She watched HaHa's expression uncomfortably. She felt embarrassed.

"Mianhe," he apologised again. "You must've been close to him."

Ji Hyo shot him a quick glare before nodding. She wass glad he took the bait.

"Can we get you a wig though?" HaHa asked. She could see he would do anything for her to have shorter hair.

"Why are you so intent on getting me to have short hair?" Ji Hyo asked, getting annoyed.

"Yah, I feel like I'm talking to a girl like this!" HaHa exclaimed, also getting annoyed. "Really!"

Ji Hyo blinked, feeling her annoyance go away. If he felt that way, wouldn't others too?

"Okay..." Ji Hyo mumbled, staring at the back of the seat in front of her. She could see HaHa giving her an apologetic look from the corner of her eyes.

* * *

"Much better," he sighed, walking out the salon with his hands in his pockets. "Jeungmal, much better."

Ji Hyo looked at the boy. "Happy now?" she sighed.

"Of course!" he grinned.

"Now let's go," she got into the car first, slightly embarrassed about her short hair.

"Neh~" he said happily, jumping in.

* * *

She walked into the school's large gate with her playful chingu following behind. He was bouncing with each step, looking around. Ji Hyo stopped walking when she saw a guy with a friendly, probably MC worthy look standing in front of the school's large doors. The person walked down the steps and in front of her.

"Welcome to Running High," the guy said. "You are Song Ji Hoon, I presume?"

Ji Hyo nodded, surprised that this guy 'knew' who she was.

The guy smiled and held out his hand. "I'm Yoo Jae Suk, a 3rd year sunbae, the dorm captain, student council president, and a drama club member. You were given the athletics scholarship. And recommended by the hard to please idiot athletics captain too." He paused for a while. "Just how fast were you and that first placer to please him?"

"Ji Hoonie was as fast as sound can travel!" HaHa replied to his question. Ji Hyo could tell he thought Jae Suk was insulting her.

"Yah, shorty," Jae Suk sighed. "I'm talking to Ji Hoon-hoobae."

"What?!" HaHa walked close beside Ji Hyo. "What did you say?!"

"Wae? Can't I call a shorty a shorty?" Jae Suk looked at the younger boy with an annoyed, but rather playful expression.

HaHa grabbed the older boy's shoulder and the older boy did the same. They pulled each other down screaming 'Yah!'. It looked as though they were playing, except one was serious and the other wasn't. When they both let go, HaHa turned around, facing his back to Jae Suk, with his arms crossed, while Jae Suk dusted his uniform off.

"Please come with me," Jae Suk smiled. "I'll lead you to your dorm room."

Ji Hyo nodded. HaHa turned and walked behind them, sulking and pouting.

* * *

When they stood in front of a door, Jae Suk turned to face her with a blank expression. "Currently, you'll have a room alone."

Ji Hyo sighed with relief. She had expected to have a room mate.

"However, you will have one when the new freshmen like you have been picked."

She couldn't help but whimper a little bit. Luckily, no one heard it, or at least, it looked like none of them had.

"So enjoy your empty room," he said as he opened the room door.

Ji Hyo gasped at the sight. She walked in slowly, her fingertips of both hands below her lower lip. She stared at the chandelier that hung above the middle of the room, the large window was dented outwards, the mirror table in the corner of the room, the two large double beds that barely touched the walls opposite one another. Everything was cream, or transparent glass, or white, or gold. She smiled broadly.

"Daebak," she whispered happily. HaHa walked in after her and just looked around like it was nothing.

"This looks like my mom's bedroom," he sneered.

Ji Hyo glared at him immediately. This wasn't a luxury she would be able to afford in a life time. HaHa raised his arms, surrendering.

"Ah, yes, of course," Jae Suk said. He had already walked beside HaHa and placed a hand on his shoulder. "This is nothing for the successor of the Ha Company." Jae Suk sighed, obviously trying to playfully mock HaHa. The shorter boy snorted.

"Of course." He crossed his arms proudly.

"We'll leave now for you to unpack," Jae Suk said, turning HaHa around. "Enjoy your stay here~"

Ji Hyo nodded and smiled as Jae Suk shoved the unwilling and protesting HaHa out the door. She turned back towards the room as soon as the door shut and sighed happily. She eyed the bed by the inner wall, smirked and jumped on to it.

"Kyaa, so soft!" she squealed happily. She rolled around for a little while, then looked at the cream ceiling.

"And recommended by the hard to please athletics club captain too."

Jae Suk's voice rung in her ears. Was he really a huge pain? Then she remembered the muscly person back on the exam day. Suddenly, she was curious about him. She looked outside the window, and stared outside for a while. She held her stomach. She got up, out of her room and walked around, hoping to find the cafeteria.


I apologise for the late release. >D< I was meant to post this up two days ago, but that kinda failed. Was busy. x3 Hope you enjoy reading it, and cookies for new subscribers! >lays them out, walks away and hides behind a pillar<

Yes, she did use the bandage thingy to cover up the moment she left her apartment. vuv

This doesn't really... not much moving in to the dorm going on here is there? |D I guess the next chapter will be "Moving In Part 2" or something. 8D

Lol, I'm so bad at korean honourifics. Didn't learn them before writing this. 8D

Oh right, and again, feedback is much appreciated! <3 Thank you for the nice comments you guys. ;D;