Chapter 2

I Want To Go Back... [Sequel to "The Man Behind the Voice"]

The days passed, and Jonghyun still hadn’t replied to Key’s e-mail.

On the other hand, Key loved to be with Aiden; he made him forgot about the pain that Jonghyun had caused, even if it was just for a while…

 

Key patiently waited for him and, truthfully, deep inside he still hoped that Jong could look at him again, that’s why Aiden was still fighting for Key’s love.

Meanwhile, and despite that situation, Aiden supported Key, and they became closer. They were always together, sharing laughs, going out, discovering more things about each other… Key needed it, a lot…

 

---------------------------/-----------------------------------------/------------------------------------/-------------------

 

 

●○●○●○●○ Australia ●○●○●○●○

 

“What is so important tomorrow?” – Aiden noticed the calendar’s sign on the 1st November.

 

“Hum?” – Aiden pointed it. – “Oh…Our 5th anniversary…I don’t if it still is…” – Key disguised his sadness and turned his attention to the school book in front of him.

 

Aiden stood up from the bed and made his way to the desk, hugging Key from behind.

Key caressed Aiden’s hands creating a romantic atmosphere between them.

Aiden still hadn’t the courage to kiss Key, but that was going to change, and soon…

 

 

●○●○●○●○ America ●○●○●○●○

 

It was Jonghyun’s last concert in America, and he had to do a memorable show! He opened his laptop for the first time in more than 2 months.

His manager controlled his phone and e-mails and he said that nothing important had shown up, but Jonghyun wasn’t still convinced of that, so he decided to check it out.

 

He opened his e-mail and he had thousands of new e-mails! Jonghyun’s eyes went wide open when he searched his boyfriend’s name between that confusion.

There wasn’t anything from him on latest e-mails, so he checked the oldest; they were almost all from Key. But one of them caught his attention right away.

It said “Urgent” on the subject, and had the date from 23rd September.

 

Jonghyun was completely stupefied: His manager had lied to him all this time.

 

“23rd September…” – Jonghyun thought. – “Key’s birthday!” – Jonghyun slapped himself mentally. 

 

How could he possibly have forgotten about it?!

 

He quickly opened the e-mail, reading it in a hurry to see what was so urgent.

 

Tears were rolling down his face when he finished reading the e-mail.

 

“Key is in love with Aiden… he left me, I’m sure!” – This was the only thought that crossed Jonghyun’s mind.

 

He left himself fall on the floor, uncontrollably sobbing as he thought about his precious boyfriend with other person that wasn’t him.

 

“I-I have to see him…I-I have --“– Jonghyun found hard to talk when the waterfall began again.

 

“Jonghyun are you ready?” – His manager suddenly opened the door, and was surprised by a crying Jonghyun.

 

When he saw him, Jonghyun stood up from his chair with a furious gaze fixed on his liar manager.

 

“J-Jong what’s wrong?” – His manager nervously said, as Jonghyun was making his way towards him. – “Hey, what’s w -- “ – He didn’t had time to finish his sentence as Jonghyun punched him in the face, making him fall.

 

Jonghyun leaned himself and grabbed his manager’s collar shirt.  

 

“What’s ing wrong with you?!” – He tried to release himself from Jonghyun’s grip, but there was no use.

 

“What’s ing wrong with me, you ask?!” – Jonghyun tightened the grip, almost choking his manager. – “You ruined the most precious thing I had in my life, my boyfriend, and you in’ ask what’s wrong with me?! For how long have you been lying to me huh?!” – If gaze could kill, the manager would be dead by now.

 

“It was for your own good! Imagine what people would say if they found out that their favorite Idol was gay!”

 

“I don’t freakin’care you bastard!! Cancel the concert, and find a STRAIGHT Idol! I’m out of here!” – Jonghyun released the manager from his grip and pushed him hard onto the  floor.

 

“You can’t -- “ – His ex-manager said grabbing his pants. 

 

“Oh no?! Watch me then you !” – Jonghyun left the room, leaving a desperate manager on the floor.

 

“What am I going to do without the main star?! AHHH~~!”

 

 

●○●○●○●○ Australia (1st November) ●○●○●○●○

 

Key looked at the calendar; with a marker he crossed that date’s sign. That didn’t made sense if Jonghyun wasn’t even with him.

 

While Key was struggling with his feelings, on a near room, Aiden was also having the same problems.

 

“What should I do? If I kiss him today, will he take it to heart since is a symbolical date?”; these were just some of the thoughts that were crossing Aiden’s mind.

 

“AH~~” – He ruffled his hair. – “Are you a chicken or a man Aiden?! Geez~!” – He heard someone knocking on the door.

 

“Can I come in?” – A cute face peeping on the door.

 

“S-sure!” – Aiden tried to look as normal as he could.

 

Key sat on the bed’s edge, supporting his head on his hands. -“So~…”

 

“So~…” – Aiden nervously laugh.

 

“Do you wanna do something today?” – Key asked rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Really?” -  Aiden asked surprised. Key nodded. – “Of course!”

 

“I was thinking, lunch at that restaurant next to your parent’s shop, and then amusement park. How that sounds?” – Key smiled.

 

“Great! Gimme five minutes and I’m ready!” – Aiden smiled brightly, excited with Key’s invitation.

 

 

 

●○●○●○●○ After Aiden and Key’s “date” (Aiden’s room)  ●○●○●○●○

 

 

“Ah~ I had so much fun!” – Key said smiling wide.

 

“Yeah, me too! Thanks Key, this was a great day!”                                                                                           

 

“Oh, no need to thank me!”

 

“It’s almost dinner time…”

 

“Yeah, but I ate so much, that I don’t feel like having dinner right now…” – Key rubbed his full tummy.

 

They ate a lot of candies at the amusement park, so they were completely full.

 

“Wait, I’ll tell my parents that we won’t have dinner tonight!” – Aiden came back a few seconds later. – “Okay, I’ve already told them.”

 

“Thanks…”

 

“Key?” – Aiden cleared his throat and sat beside Key on the bed.

 

“Yes?”

 

Aiden placed Key’s hands on his and gently caressed them.

 

“I have to tell y-you something…” – Key’s eyes went wide open. He knew what was coming, but he wasn’t sure if he was ready.

 

“Aiden, I-I --“

 

“Wait, please! I have to say this. You don’t need to reply now, just listen to me please… I don’t know if I’ll be able to say this to you again…” – Key was petrified. He sure liked Aiden, but his heart had belonged to Jonghyun for too long; it was still hard for him to leave it like that. – “I think…I think I love you!”

 

Key’s eyes started to tear when the memory of his confession to Jonghyun came to his mind. He liked Aiden so much! It was almost impossible for Key to hurt him.       

 

Aiden cupped Key’s face; the latter didn’t made any move to avoid it, so Aiden took it as an incentive to continue.

He started to lean forward with his gaze fixed on Key’s lips; they found themselves, unconsciously closing their eyes as they got closer to each other.

Inches from each other’s lips, they could feel the other’s heavy breath.

This was it; their first kiss, the moment that Aiden was longing for.

 

“For all the times you stood by me; for all the truth that you made me see; for all the joy you brought to my life; for all the wrong that you made right; for every dream you made come true; for all the love I found in you… (…) ” – A beautiful voice was heard trough the window’s gap.

 

 

Key suddenly opened his eyes, stepping away from Aiden on the bed.   

 

 

“T-this song…” – Key was uncontrollably nervous. – “T-this voice…” – His whole body was shaking; trembling.

 

 

“You stood by me and I stood tall; I had your love, I had it all. I’m grateful for each day you gave me. Maybe I don’t know that much, but I know this much is true: I was blessed because I was loved by you! (…)” – The voice continued to melodiously sang that beautiful melody.

 

That was the song that Jonghyun first sang when Key became officially his boyfriend; a song that Key almost expected him to forget.

 

 

“J-Jong…?” – He said between a heavy sigh.

 

 

“KEY~~~!”– The voice no longer sang, but called his name. – “Key please! If you hear me, come here please!”

 

 

How he longed to hear his name coming out of his mouth again. He was so puzzled with that situation that he almost forgot Aiden.

 

When he looked at the older, he sent him a sad smile. Key looked at him with pitiful eyes, and Aiden just shook his head.

 

“A-Aiden I’m so -- “

 

“Go!” – He tried to look fine, but he failed. – “Your true love is waiting…”

 

“I know that this won’t make a difference, but I really care about you…It’s just that I have a story with him…”

 

“Key, don’t worry. You’ve waited long enough for him, almost a year since you’ve been here; it’s normal that your feelings might be a little confused…” – Key just wanted to cry with such speech.

 

He was hurting him, he knew that, but it was worst if he lied to him.

 

 “Now go!” – Aiden stood up and hugged Key. – “Good luck!” – He winked and pushed him to the door.

 

Key uttered a “thank you” before anxiously running to his so needed lover.

 

 

Outside the house, there was a frozen Jonghyun on the yard.

 

As soon as Jonghyun saw Key, he ran to him hugging him tightly. They were tightening the hug even more, like they could become closer just like that.

 Uncontrollable tears were rolling down on both of their faces. When Jonghyun softened the embrace, Key smacked him on the arm.

 

 

“You’re a freakin’idiot!” – Key cried even more.

 

He was touching Jonghyun; a thing that he couldn’t do for almost a whole year!

 

“I know I am! A total jerk…” – Jonghyun ran his fingers trough Key’s hair. – “My manager was a freakin’bastard!

 

Jonghyun explained to him all the things that he found out about his manager, and the reason why he did it.

When he finished his explanation Key was completely dumbfounded.

 

“WHAT?! That bastard! He almost made us separate just because you’re a gay Idol?! And you quit your dream?! I’m so going to kill him, he’ll --“

 

“Shh…Key, it’s okay now! The only thing I need now is your love, your touch, your kiss…Forgive me.” – Jonghyun leaned forward, capturing Key’s lips on a much needed kiss.

 

Tongues feeling again the taste of each other’s mouth, and hands roaming their bodies on a needed touch.

 

When the kiss was broken, both were panting.

 

“How I missed those lips…” – Jonghyun passed his thumb trough Key’s lips.

 

“I missed you so much!” – Key hugged Jonghyun again.

 

The blonde smiled and hugged him back.

 

“Key?”

 

“Hum?” – He looked straight into the blonde’s eyes.

 

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you…”

 

“You will! I’m yours…” – Key replied.

 

“No…but I want to call you something else other than my boyfriend…” – Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

 

Although Key’s sentence made him happy, he was still afraid of his reaction.

Jonghyun knelt in front of Key, grabbing his left hand.

Now, it was time for Key’s eyes to widen.

 

“Kim Kibum…” – The pronounce of his real name, made him shiver. – “Will…” – Jonghyun took a deep breath. – “Will you marry me?”

 

The waterfall started again as Key let himself fall in front of Jonghyun.

The older took a little box from his pocket, and showed Key a simple, yet, beautiful ring.

 

“I-I…” – Key said between sobs. – “I do!” – Jonghyun smiled and placed the ring on Key’s ring-finger, hugging him tightly.

 

“As forever shall we live…” – Jonghyun said.

 

“As forever shall we live…” – Key repeated, pulling Jonghyun into a passionate kiss.

 

Now, the 1st November had another meaning. It would be remembered as the day they got engaged.

 

 

 

A desolated Aiden observed the whole scene from his window.

 

“Just one more day, and Key would be mine…” – He punched the table next to him, making it tremble.

 

 

 

●○●○●○●○ 1 Year later ●○●○●○●○

 

Now Jonghyun could officially call Key his husband.

 

Key finished his studies, and Jonghyun found a new music company, that accepted his ual orientation.

 

Now they were both in tour: Jonghyun as a Top Idol, and Key as his personal stylist.

 

Aiden maintained contact with Key; they were now like best friends, and Aiden found a “special friend”.

 

 

On Jonghyun’s tour bus, a passionate couple was enjoying his spare time on the room. 

 

“I love you Key!” – Jonghyun said panting.

 

“I love you too Jong!” – Key placed his head on Jonghyun’s chest.

 

They fell asleep like a happy married couple.

 

 

  

The End

              

 

®®® Author's Note ®®® 

 

Hey guys~~;D

Yeah, the sequel it’s done!! So please don’t request the sequel of this sequel XD

Yeah, this is really fluffy~~~ O.O Hope you like it anyway ^^

Why the 1st November? Well, that’s easy xD Because it’s Caroline’s birthday! :D

 So, that’s it :D Please comment ;D

 

Bye~~ *-*