Chapter 1

I Want To Go Back... [Sequel to "The Man Behind the Voice"]

 

It’s been 4 years since Jonghyun and Key started dating.

After that meeting on the bus, they were always together and felt happy with each other; it didn’t took long for them to confess their love.

They were crazy about each other!

 

Jonghyun was now a Top Idol, while Key had done an exchange program to study abroad. He was on the other corner of the world, Australia, while Jonghyun was in America.

Key cried his eyes out on the airport, on their farewell. It was a great opportunity, but still it was hard for Key to be apart from Jonghyun.

 

They promised each other to be in contact everyday! E-mails, sms, phone calls…anything was fine as long as they could talk to each other.

 

And so it was. Every day they said how they missed each other, and talked about their day. At least until…

 ---------------------------/-----------------------------------------/------------------------------------/-------------------

 

●○●○●○●○ Australia ●○●○●○●○

 

“Key~! Are you ready?” – Dave, one of the twins, pulled his sleeve.

 

“Yeah. Wait just a second and I’ll be right down.” – He sent the kid a quick smile, and turned his attention again to the computer’s screen. – “Still nothing…” – Key sighed. – “Did something happened? Of course not! He’s just busy!” – He ruffled his hair. – “Too busy to not reply for almost a week…” – Key quickly pressed the shut down button and controlled his tears.

The latter almost fell from his chair, startled by a soft grip on his shoulders.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t meant to scare you!” – Aiden stepped back.

 

“I’m sorry too…How long you’ve been there?” – Key asked.

 

Aiden rubbed the back of his neck. He didn’t wanted to look like he was poking his nose into Kibum’s life.

 

“Long enough to know that you’re late…” – Aiden started.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m ready now, we can --“

 

“And also to know that you’re too worried about your boyfriend…Don’t worry, idol’s life is hard and busy, but he’ll reply you soon. You’ll see!” – Aiden sent Key an encouraging smile.

 

Oh~! How much he wanted to believe those words! Although his heart told him the contrary, Key didn’t wanted to ruin Aiden’s effort to support him.

 

“Thanks, I’m sure he will.” – Key picked his coat and went down followed by Aiden.

 

The foster family was going to throw a party for the twin’s birthday. Jane and Dave, the foster parents, organized everything and even included some of Key’s favorite food.

Jessica and Dave were now 7 years old. The kids loved Key just like a big brother, and he felt the same way towards the twins.

 

 

●○●○●○●○ Meanwhile in America ●○●○●○●○

 

“Great concert Jonghyun!” – The blonde’s manager said between the fan’s screams.

 

“Thanks…” – He simply replied.

 

Jonghyun was exhausted. Three concerts in a rode were too tiring. His body was weak and his mind absent. The only thing he could think about was his bed.

On the next day, he’d have a fan meeting and he had to look fine, always with a smile.

 

“Go home. Take a shower and sleep.” – His manager said.

 

“I need to speak --“

 

“You need to rest!” – Manager’s voice was implacable.

 

“Okay…” – He reluctantly nodded. – “Key should be lunching by now…I miss him so much…” – Jonghyun thought to himself.

 

 

●○●○●○●○ 3 days later ●○●○●○●○

 

“Key? Key, wake up!” – Aiden slightly shook him.

 

Key slowly opened his eyes and stretched himself.

 

“Good morning~!” – Key greeted Aiden.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” – Aiden smiled brightly and hugged Key.

 

“Hum?” – Key said confused.

 

“It’s your birthday! 23rd September right?”

 

“Oh~, yeah…”

 

“What a lack of enthusiasm!” – Aiden rolled his eyes. – “Get ready, quickly! Wear something cozy and practical.”

 

“Why?” – Key could feel a point of happiness growing inside of him for having, at least, a bit of attention.

 

“You’ll see!” – Aiden winked leaving the room.

 

At 9am, Key was ready and excited for Aiden’s surprise.

 

“Where are we going?” – Key asked following Aiden to his car.

 

“Shh…You’ll see!” – This answer made Key pout and Aiden giggle with such cuteness.

 

 

After a few minutes they arrived at Aiden’s mysterious place.

On big, red letters, Key could read “Ice skating-rink”.

A big smile creped on his face; Key wanted to try ice-skating for a long time, but he never had the chance.

 

Seeing Kibum’s smile, Aiden looked at him mesmerized and with his heart racing. The truth was that he found Kibum gorgeous.

 

“Let’s go inside. It’s freezing out here!” – Aiden pushed him to the building’s entrance.

 

The older took care of everything, and in no time they were ready to skate.

 

“Ready?”

 

“Hmm, a-actually I never --“

 

“You never did ice-skating before?” – Kibum nodded. – “So what?! Let’s go, I’ll teach you!”

 

Aiden slowly pushed Key, by his waist, until the rink.

Step by step, Key tried his best to maintain the balance but he failed and ended up falling on top of Aiden.  

The younger, red like a lobster from that incident, stepped away from Aiden, staying on his knees.

 

“I’m so sorry! Really!” – Key apologized.

 

Aiden sat in front of him, and grabbed Key’s chin making him look to his eyes.

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry.” – He smiled. – “I’ve rent this rink for three hours. You have plenty of time to learn!” – The older helped Key stand up.

 

After a few more falls, Key was now able to slowly skate by himself. They laughed so much, that Key forgot the pain he had on his knee, due to one of the falls.

 

He had almost forgotten how to have fun…

 

“Key! Try to walk to where I am!” – Aiden encouraged from a corner of the rink.

 

Key skated slowly but fearless; after a short time, the younger was already on the Aiden’s embrace. Key was surprised by that attitude, but hugged him back.

 

“Oh~ I’m so crazy about you…” – Aiden whispered to Key’s ear.

 

He felt a shiver throughout his body. Inside of Key’s head, a bell rang warning him of the danger of that sudden closeness.

 

“A-Aiden…Jong --“

 

“I know. Your boyfriend…” – Aiden caressed Key’s cheek. – “Don’t worry, I won’t pressure you…Take all the time you want. But promise me one thing.”

 

Key’s heart was pounding hard on his chest and he felt thousand of butterflies on his stomach.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Promise you’ll follow your heart, and not your head…”

 

After a while, Key replied: “I-I promise…”

 

 

●○●○●○●○ America ●○●○●○●○

          

Meanwhile, Jonghyun had just finished another sign event.

 

“Kim Jonghyun, you have an interview today with that MC from MTV, so get ready and don’t be late!” – His manager said.

 

“Okay~…” – He sighed. – “I have a strange feeling that I forgot something today…Whatever, I’ll think about it later!”

 

 

●○●○●○●○ Australia ●○●○●○●○

 

When they got back home, the first thing Key did was turning on the computer to check his e-mails.

Lots of people sent him Happy Birthday’s messages, but the most important one was missing…

 

“Did he forgot about my birthday…? He was always the first person to wish me happy birthday…”

 

He sighed. The distance and the lack of communication were driving him insane. He knew he needed to study, and studying abroad had been his biggest dream from a longtime ago, and Jonghyun was also living his dream, singing and being recognized worldwide.

 

Still, it was hard. Living a dream but being away from the one you love the most requires a great amount of strength. And, sometimes, Key wasn’t sure if he had what it takes.

But he couldn’t keep it inside much longer. He always told his boyfriend what he thought and felt: honesty was the basis of their relationship.

 

So, in order to clear his mind, e e-mailed Jonghyun, since his phone was always turned off.

 

“Dear Jonghyun…” – He sighed. It was hard for him what he was going to wrote, but honesty above all. – “I don’t know if you’ll read this e-mail, but anyway I need to say something that I’ve been feeling lately…

 

First and foremost, this absence is killing me. Every day I feel you more distant; it’s not like you don’t care anymore, but you’re so busy we barely even talk! I miss your voice, I miss your touch, I miss you saying you love me…I’m getting tired.

 

You don’t reply my e-mails, you don’t answer my calls, you even forgot about my birthday! We haven’t talked to each other for 3 weeks! Before that you’d call or send an e-mail even if it was only once a week!

 

The truth is that because of this whole situation, well, my heart had been sending me other feelings…for Aiden…

Today I felt something more about him; I felt good, happy, butterflies on my stomach… $: A thing that only happened when I was with you…

He also confessed his feelings for me…

 

I love you. I’m positively sure of that, but I’m afraid of feeling something more for Aiden…I don’t want that, I want you!! But, if somehow, my feelings towards him grow more and more each day?? I won’t be able to do anything about it … x’S

 

Jonghyun, please make it go back…

Please read this and reply! Just once, please…

 

 

I love you,

Key”

 

 

When the torturing of writing that e-mail ended, Key’s eyes were full of tears and his heart was aching from the pain…

 

Aiden quietly entered Key’s room. He found the younger sobbing uncontrollably with his face on the desk.

He ran to him, hugging him tightly while patting his head.

 

“Shh… Key, what’s wrong?” – When Key didn’t replied, Aiden looked at the computer screen, distinguishing his name between the many words that were written on that e-mail. He was completely surprised by “Today I felt something more about him; I felt good, happy, butterflies on my stomach… $:”; this gave him hope, he was happy…but at the same time, he could see how hard it was for Key to admit it. He always talked about Jonghyun with such tenderness and passion, that he got jealous several times.

 

 

®®® Author's Note ®®®

Hey guys~~:D

No, it's not the end XD
The story was too long, so we decided to divide it in two chapters ;D

So~~, if you liked this chapter...You'll have to wait for the next one! *evil laugh*

Please comment and subscribe ;D