Chapter 39

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
39;

 

 

It didn't come off as a surprise, really. Krystal had seen it coming and she knew it would only be a matter of time before Suzy decides that she couldn't stand breathing the same air as hers; seeing all of Suzy's things gone and the light at the room beside hers is open is not really a surprise, but it doesn't make the pang in her chest any lesser.

 

If Suzy had been avoiding Krystal, she sure is doing a very good job. The girl rarely sees Suzy at school and the younger had been coming home so late that Krystal couldn't even see a trace of her shadow at home. Suzy reasons it's school paper work but Krystal doubts it since Myungsoo had never once mentioned abou late night meetings for Ethereal.

 

Krystal also notices that in the very rare cases that she sees Suzy at school, she's always going about with that boy with the glasses. Lee Sungyeol, as Myungsoo pointed out when she first asked.

 

Krystal notices the smug look on Myungsoo's face every time they see them together and she feels the gap between them growing all the more. But hey, he's with her right? He chose to stay with her; so as long as he doesn't change his mind, then everything is good. But there are these really special moments when Krystal pushes on.

 

"They look really close," she says trying to see how the boy would react. It's lunch, and she knew that eating at the school cafeteria would be a bad ideawhen she saw SUzy eating with that Sungyeol guy at one of the tables; but she pushed on. They ended up eating three tables across theirs.

 

Krystal noted at how Myungsoo's jaw tightens as he spared an oblivious look at the two. He lingered his gaze as to how Suzy's smile seemed to falter when she catxhed him looking their way. Myungsoo pushed back the painful pang in his chest.

 

"Are they?" he said trying so hard for his voice to be free from any emotion and continuing to play with his food. The discomfort in Myungsoo's face makes Krystal want to oush this till the end.

 

"You don't seem too happy though,"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You haven't touched your food." she pointed out. Myungsoo never loses his appetite, and if the fact that his appetite is nowhere near this dimension now doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what will.

 

"I ate before meeting you," he lied.

 

Krystal finds herself wanting to ask more questions even more when he sees Myungsoo cast unknowing glances to the table three people away from theirs, but she chose not to. She thinks it might be better not to know.

 

She is completely aware of how the truth an hurt sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're avoiding him," Sungyeol pointed out one afternoon, whilst of course being busy for the next publication of Ethereal. They have been exceptionally busy these days; editing materials here and there, writing articles at every possible scoop.

 

"What do you mean?" she asked though totally aware of what the boy was talking about. Sungyeol stopped typing and ed his head towards Myungsoo's direction. He's showing Hyomin the pictures he had recently taken during the exchange students welcoming ceremony and Suzy thinks he looks amazing like this.

 

"You haven't told him a single word except for when he asks you questions. It's so awkward , I think I'm gonna die."

 

"No, I'm not."

 

Sungyeol cast her a seriously look. "Even Hyomin noticed that you've been avoiding him. Hyomin. Why, she's completely oblivious of the obvious things like Woohyun liking her but she noticed!"

 

Suzy opted not to answer, it's not like she has anything to say anyway. Sungyeol sighed, much to his happiness that Suzy seems to be letting go of Myungsoo, it is never okay for him to see her having a hard time. "If it makes you feel better, I think the feeling is mutual. He doesn't seem to want to talk to you either. What's wrong with you two?"

 

It doesn't make Suzy feel better, if anything, it just makes her feel worse. The fact that Myungsoo is avoiding her just the same as she's avoiding him hurts her more than anything. She suddenly misses his voice, the way he always compliments his works and how he always criticize hers. The way he laughs whenever she ends up sleeping in front of the computer and how he makes her coffee after that. How he always complains on almost anything but never says a word when she asks him to do some work.

 

She misses Myungsoo. Period.

 

"Isn't it better th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter