2.

When can I finally say 'I do'?

 

 

A year and a half had passed. But still, no Sooyoung came back. Not even a letter or a call. She disappeared. Her family told Jessica that she’s in Japan and told her to  go there and knock some sense into Sooyoung but Jessica said no.

Almost everyday Jessica cried and hoped for Sooyoung to come back. She still wonders what she did wrong for Sooyoung to leave her like that. Did Sooyoung find  Jessica too clingy? Or maybe she thought she’s not the ‘wife’ type. Did she know about the baby and didn’t like the idea of having a baby with Jessica? Or was she sick? Jessica hopes not any of these are the reasons.  A part of her  shouts that she  should  move on and let go but another part of her whispers to her that she should wait. ‘She promised she’ll come back.’ She held on to those words.

She gave birth to Michelle Diane Jung MinJoo 6 months after the supposed-to-be wedding. Michelle’s birth somehow helped ease some loneliness in Jessica. She got Sooyoung’s eyes and lips. Her long arms and limbs were surely from Sooyoung, too. Michelle is an active and hyper baby. She loves to babble and do a squat dance whenever an upbeat music is playing. Though Jessica loves being with  Michelle, she can’t help but long for  Sooyoung. They would be a perfect family, she always thought. Michelle or well known as ‘Mimi’ is  turning a year old in a month and boy, she’s fat! She has inherited Sooyoung’s shikshin genes.

Tiffany is now Mimi’s second mother. She feeds her, puts her to bed, play with her and other things but cannot bathe her. Only Jessica can do that. She and Yuri are going stronger and are planning to get married. They became so protective  of Jessica and Mimi that Jessica won’t have a new suitor because of their terror interrogation. Jessica was fine about it though, thankful even. The couple knows she hasn’t moved on and they even doubt that she ever will.

It was a usual Friday in Jessica’s office: Mimi in her playplace, she working on the papers and the lovely smell of lavender.

“Mammammammammam...” Mimi kept babbling and waved a banana stuffed toy.

“Baby, are you hungry?” Jessica glanced for a while at her daughter before going back to the papers.

“Vvvvuuuuu~” Mimi replied and laughed.

Jessica couldn’t help but smile. She looked at the time. 11:20 am. Quite early, but hey, Jessica thinks the shikshin junior is hungry and trust me, you wouldn’t want a wailing hangry shikshin panda baby.

Jessica tidied up her working station and the scattered toys on the floor.

“Up you go!” She lifted up Mimi and grunted for the child has gone heavier. “You shikshin! What have you been eating with your Myoung and Yul umma, huh?” She puffed her cheeks on the baby’s neck and Mimi shrieked while laughing. “You fatso. Let’s get out of this place.”

“Ayy~” Mimi waved to her playplace and blew a kiss to the stuffed toys.


Sooyoung sighed and kicked the sand. Yes, she went to the place where she and Jessica should have exchanged their vows. She clenched her jaws and suppressed the tears.  The guilt came back again and she hated herself. She couldn’t imagine the hurt that she had brought upon Jessica. She released a heavy sigh again. What would have happened if she didn’t escape? She knew she would have been happy. They must be living happily. She smiled bitterly at the thought. It was your ing choice you stupid fool. She scolded herself.

She screamed to the sea so many times that had started to hurt. She wiped the tears that managed to fall without her noticing. It seemed comforting at first but after a while, she realized that it wasn’t helping even for a bit. Giving up, she walked back to her car and drove away to the city.


“So you’re still staying there?”

“Yup. It will be a waste if we don’t.” Jessica patiently took the toy that Mimi was trying to put into .

“Are you sure? The memories… you know.” Yunho took a sip from his coffee. Mimi looked at him and at the cup cutely. He chuckled. “Is she allowed to drink this?”

“You want that, baby? You want coffee? It’s bitter!” She ticked the baby’s tummy, ignoring Yunho’s first question. “No, oppa. She can’t.” She then gave Mimi her sippy cup and the baby raised it.

Yunho watched as his cousin matured so much from the cold aegyo-ish princess that she was before. She has changed so much but he’s sure that there is still something missing from the girl. He pitied her.

“Yes yes you have you have your own drink now, cutie. Now, drink!” Yunho sipped his drink while looking at the cute baby and she followed.

“Why is she so cute? Huh?” He almost squealed while watching Mimi.

“Who’s the mother?” Jessica stuck her tongue out at the man in front of her.

Yunho shook his head. “Who’s the kid now?”

“Still her.” Jessica pointed a finger at the chubby baby. Mimi looked at her and puckered her lips.

Jessica shook her head childishly and stuck her tongue out at Mimi. “Geee.” Mimi shook her  head too and pointed a saliva coated finger at her mother.

The adults only shook their heads.

Jessica and Yunho were walking out of the restaurant while chatting. Yunho was holding Mimi in his arms and was kissing her cheek repeatedly.

“Ah… Can I have your daughter?” Yunho playfully asked Jessica and puffed his cheeks on Mimi’s neck. He earned a cute giggle.

“No no no.” Jessica took the baby from the man’s arms while Yunho assisted him. They were laughing at their nonsensical talk when they were interrupted.

“S-sica-yah….” She heard a soft voice that she can immediately recognize everywhere. Her breath hitched. She stood there shocked yet her face showed no emotions. Not even turning to face the speaker, she looked up at the confused man beside her.

Yunho took it as a signal for help. He took Mimi again in his arms and talked. “Excuse me?” Even though exactly knowing who was the person in front of him, he decided to pretend that he didn’t. They never actually met anyway.

Sooyoung bowed. “I-I’m sorry to interrupt you.” She had her head down while talking. “Can I t-talk to J-jessica?”

The tall man looked at his immobile cousin. She didn’t move an inch from her position though her eyes  weren’t steady. She can’t seem to find what she was looking for.

“I’m sorry, Sooyoung-shi. Maybe some other time.” Yunho bowed his head politely yet his tone was firm.

Sooyoung was taken aback on how this unknown man had known her name. She shifted her gaze to the three persons in front of her and furrowed her brows. ‘It can’t be…’ She deflated at the thought. “I-I see.” She stuttered like a fool more than she should. Her heart raged and she bit her lip to suppress the tears. It hurts because of the thought that maybe this man is Jessica’s new  boyfriend, or worse, her husband and the fact that the once sweet Jessica she knew was unresponsive. Not even caring to throw a soul piercing glare or at least a split second glance.’Sica.. do you hate me that much?’  “T-take care.” She bowed deeply and ran away.


 

Yunho watched as Sooyoung’s back drew farther away from them. A few seconds later, he felt weight on his right. (Where Jessica was standing). Apparently, her legs went jelly after the short encounter and her legs just gave up on her. Tears were streaming down her cheeks though she stayed silent and buried her face on Yunho’s arm. Good thing the man was wearing a long sleeve shirt.

“S-sica…” Yunho called out softly. People were staring at them weirdly and he found the suspicious and judging stares uncomfortable.

Jessica looked up and used the sleeves of her shirt to wipe the tears. “S-sorry oppa.” She hung her head low.

“That was her, huh? She’s finally back.” The man adjusted his hold on the baby he was carrying.

“Huh?”  Jessica looked up again at Yunho.  ’S-sooyoung is back? That was real?’ She blinked.

Jessica didn’t move. For a minute or two, she stayed rooted to where she was standing, not moving an inch. Yunho nudged her and gestured for them to head to the car. Jessica nodded after releasing a deep sigh.  She walked mindlessly to the parked car and decided to take the rest of the day off.

 


 

 

Thank you for the  subscribes and comments! :D <3 Please do let me know what you think about this story after reading this chapter :)

Oh... and should I put in this story? Y'know :/ VOTE VOTE VOTE! Thanks. 


EDIT:  LOL I messed up with some time calculations @.@ Sorry.

Minjoo was born 6 months after Sooyoung left.  She's turning a year old...

Shall update later ! :D

i at math. and that was simple math!!!! ><