3.Sweet Best Friend

When can I finally say 'I do'?

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Liquor and loud banging of music have been my best friends in Japan. They make me forget, (or want to…at least) what happened and what I did. I smiled bitterly and let out an empty chuckle. I deserve all of this, right? I was a coward. And I admit, I still am.

There had not been a day wherein I didn’t regret and blamed myself for the pain I brought upon myself.  I hurt Jessica so much that she can’t even throw glance at me. Ha! I don’t even think I deserve living under the same sky and breathing the same air as Jessica.  I clenched my fists and supressed the tears threatening to spill. I ordered another shot.

I don’t know and I don’t even care if I’m drinking way over my limit. Seeing Jessica shattered my determined heart. Who wouldn’t be? For one, she had his boyfriend or husband with her. I don’t care. No. Really. Tch!  Fine. , I admit I’m jealous. That should be me, right? Sigh. I threw the shot glass to the wall and the bartender jumped in surprise. My unladylike laughter came roaring for a few  seconds. “I’ll pay for that.”I reached for my wallet from the back pocket of my jeans but I can’t seem to find it. Is the world fooling me right now?! Is someone watching from above watching me and laughing at me? I looked up practically at nothing but dancing bright neon lights. I shook my head.

I took out some bills from my wallet and smiled at the bartender. “Here you go. Sorry for that.” She took the money hastily. “And one beer! That’ll be my last!”, I shouted.

Okay, where was I? Oh yeah. So one, she was with this tall handsome guy with perfect broad shoulders she could easily lean on when she needs to. Plus,  a kid. A baby? I don’t know…. Sigh. I promised her a family of our own. One that we will build with love, trust and with joy.

I looked at the remaining contents of my mug. Almost there. I’ll be heading home in a bit.

Most of all.. she couldn’t even look at me. Yeah, I keep repeating myself over and over again but that pierced through me more than anything from that short encounter.

I played with my mug of beer and thought of what would have become if I didn’t go. If I didn’t----

“Oof!” I fell on the floor with a painful thud and an even more painful face. I held my left cheek and jawline as it ached and heated like  I just got hit by one of those muscular wrestling characters. I stayed laying on the floor not even looking up at who hit me.

“Yah! Get up you shameless mother*cker!” I heard someone talk to me but I didn’t dare looking up. Just who the hell is this person?!

“YAH CHOI SOOYOUNG!” My eyes opened wide and recognized the loud voice. She picked me up by my collar and I stared in shock when I was met by Yuri’s cold and angry eyes. I smiled in spite of the situation.

She slapped me. I stood my ground and just gently rubbed my red cheek with still a small smile on my face. It ached. All of me ached. Why did I even think of coming home? No one wants me back. I bet my family was itching to throw me out when I first showed up in our house.

“WHY DID YOU COME BACK?! HUH?!” Yuri still have her fists on my collar. Her eyes screaming all different signals I can’t decipher. “WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO ING LONG?!” A couple of tears raced down through her cheek. Her eyes softened and her hold on my collar loosened. I hugged her.

“I missed you too, you health freak.” I chuckled. I winced when Yuri accidentally touched my bruised cheek.

“I won’t say sorry for that. You deserve it, jerk. And it felt good.” Yuri smiled and wiped her tears.

“Jerk.” I muttered under my breath.

We ended up drinking more and for once, I’m glad I came back.

We spent the rest of the night catching up but leaving Jessica out of the picture as much as we can. Besides, I don’t have the guts and rights to ask about Jessica anyway. I knew Yuri’s still fuming mad at me about that incident more than a year ago. I bet if I am not her best friend, I’d be lying on the ground now with a pool of blood surrounding me.

Anyway, she and Tiffany has been going strong and are planning to get married soon. The word ‘marriage’ stabbed me painfully and Yuri didn’t miss the look on my face. She just shook her  head and we changed the topic to something that might lighten up the mood.

Somehow, I saw the light in this long dark tunnel I am currently in. Maybe Yuri can help me. She’s close with Jessica after all.

The sun was peeking from the east already and we both know that it’s time to leave. We walked out of the bar and headed to the parked car Yuri brought.

“So, why are you in a bar when you’re supposed to be with Fany?” I asked.

Yuri just shrugged. “You coming? I’ll  drive you home. Don’t worry. I’m not drunk.” She offered.

I laughed. “Couple spat, huh?” Said I knowingly. Yuri just responded with a laugh and just closed the door after going into the driver’s side.

Yuri’s POV

It was fun seeing Sooyoung again. I can’t say that I fully forgave her but hey, I think I’m getting there.

I drove her home to the Choi residence at almost 6am in the morning. After saying sorry for the bruise that I gave her, we waved goodbye. To be honest, my hand aches because of punching Sooyoung too. I slightly regretted what I did.

Sigh. I’m going home to an empty apartment again. Tiffany hasn’t come back since our silly fight. Honestly, we’re fighting because I spilled milk on her pants! It’s not like I spilled acid on her! She can be a drama queen sometimes. It has been two days! She actually can resist me for two days? Nevertheless, I love that pink drama queen.

I parked my car with shoulders slumped. I miss her. Rubbing my eyes  because of lack of sleep, I didn’t notice that I already reached the stairs. I fell  with a shriek and wanted to pass out right there and then. Picking myself up, I went straight to the elevator feeling even more sleepier than earlier.

My original plan was go to my room , wash up, change clothes and dive into bed. Once I got into the apartment that me and Tiffany shares, I almost didn’t notice Tiffany sitting on the long couch with arms and legs crossed. Her one foot was tapping impatiently on  the floor and her glare was boring holes on my face. I gasped in shock. My sleepiness faded away when I noticed that She was only clad in a thin silk robe.  Her underwear were almost in sight.

“Fany!” I ran into her once she got up from the couch. She tried to push me away but my tight hug kept her in place.

“Yuri! Yah! You stink! Go shower.” At last, she pushed me away successfully. I grinned. “We’ll talk later.” Her tone was stern and I almost gulped. Looks like I won’t get any sleep anytime soon. HellFany mode: ON!

 


 

Yay! Okay.. I'm sorry .__. I wrote this when I didn't sleep at all the night before. i'm sorry again ;A;

Yay! subscribers! So may I assume that all of you are reading? :D Or just those <10 people commenting? :(

OH.. I just notiiced those UPVOTES. Thank you guys T__T <3 What do you want in return? Hahaha.

I'll try to write . Whew. Looks like I need to watch more . Yay! jk. 

I talk too much. K. Thank you again <3

Here's a bunny for y'all 

please be kind and leave at least a word or two in the comment box :]