Yearning to Run

Accidental Soulmates -indefinite hiatus-
Please log in to read the full chapter

song: Run This Way - ZE:A(Kevin/Junyoung/Minwoo/Hyungsik/Dongjun)

(not sure if this song would fit the calm mood of this chap, but hey the title fits and i'm in love with this recently)

 

---

'Sometimes, I wish I could run, sometimes, I wish I could hide, but to where?'   ---     "Mother, I thought you're sick?! Are you alright already?" Siwan's eyes bugged out at the sight of his mother, not looking sick at all, and busily examining a pair of suit.   "Oh, Siwan-ah...this suit look great, right?"   "Uhh...I guess...but Mother, aren't you..."   "Get change into this now."   "But why? I thought..."   And then it dawned on him. He wondered why he was so slow at picking up clues on what's happening. Mrs. Im look perfectly healthy and fine, in fact, much healthier than himself.   "If you don't put this on right now. I'm really going to fall sick."   "Mother, I don't want to." He frowned and put on his best steel face in hopes that his mother would see that this time, he really would not cave in into her orders nor threats. Nope. Sure he was tricked, persuaded, defeated the last time and the time before that time. And before. But not this time. Nuh uh.   "But why? Halmoni would be so disappointed that you don't want to go see her looking your best."   "What? Halmoni came?!" The sight of his grandmother's house in Jeju came to his mind. The tingling sensation of gentle sea breeze, the sound of seagulls and waves lulling him to dormancy, the warmth and comfort of the cakes she bake, the sweet smell of the fruits in her orchard, the sound of her nagging about things that are not related to business or some rich spoiled princess that are to be introduced as his potential wife. He longed to be back to her home in Jeju where he could savour quiet moments by himself, admiring the simple things he never would get to even take a glance over here, being too busy dragged here and there for all the stifling business events he's forced to attend. So much to prepare, so much to learn, so much to commit himself in, so much responsibilities to shoulder. So little strength, so little motivation. Sometimes whenever he could steal some time to think, he'd wonder what even he's doing, he had no idea.   If only he had a choice, he would rather fly back to Jeju.    But he had none of course. Yet, still, having his grandmother here is probably the next best escapism he could get. Maybe he could persuade her to let his mother give him a break to go Jeju with her maybe for at least a week. It's not like his grandmother like leaving the orchard for too long. If she's not that strong or well, that'd be better. He could have an excuse to folow her back to Jeju to 'take care of her'.   'OMG, Im Siwan, how could you be so cruel to hope for that?' He mentally slapped himself. 'But honestly, that's not such a bad idea...heh...omg, get a grip on yourself, she's your grandma! How could you wish for her bad health? Afterall, it's not like such a reason would make Mother give me a break. She'd probably go back Jeju with Halmoni and ask me to take over the companies completely. That'd be more disastrous.'  He shook his head in horror at all the thoughts dancing in his head.   "Siwan, c'mon. We're getting late to get your Halmoni. Get change now."   "Yeah, okay."   Mrs. Im smiled at the clumsy sight of her grown up son who's really still pretty much a kid trapped in an adult's body, though physically speaking, he didn't grew too much from the time he's a teenager until now. Overall, he still look, acted and think the same as in his adolescent days. And that worries her. As much as she felt sorry for him, unable to live his life like any other young men his age ever since his late teenage year, when his father began getting sick more often than before, he is not like any other young men out there. He is going to lead SKIm Groups, a name every major player in the South Korea's business community would recognize, a name many wanted to knock down, a name many desired to helm themselves. Thus, he definitely isn't the same as anyone else you could find out there. No matter how much she hurts seeing how sickly he looks, for the sake of SKIm, her late husband and his late father, he needs to persevere, they need to persevere.   'When will you grow up, Siwan-ah? Maybe this time, you'll be satisfied.'    ---   When they arrived at the French Restaurant, Siwan knew something was not right. He just didn't know what it was. But something definitely was wrong. And he sat on his chair, trying to think what was.
Please log in to read the full chapter