Persistant Fate

Persistant Fate

 

 

 

______ was checking her phone for missed calls or text but there were none, from Daniel at least.

She was supportive of her boyfriend being an idol. It was his job and something he loved doing.

He called her when he had time, just to tell her ‘ love you’ but he always had something scheduled and had to cancel some dates he had planned with her.

His phone rang and it was his sister.

“Hey Daniel!~ Little brother.”

“Hey Noona..” he said sounding depressed.

“Yah! Dummy…what’s up with you?” Sharon asked.

“______...Noona, what if she dumps me because…we never get to see each other?”

“She won’t..”

“I’ve cancelled so many dates but she’s so patient and supportive of my career. We never have time to be together anymore…what if she finds another guy that can be there with her all the time? What if he can make her happier? We’ve been dating for 6 months but haven’t actually been together that much during those 6 months..”

“Next time the schedule is clear…spend a day with her. Don’t be so insecure about it..”

“Are there other guys? Just tell me…you two became best friends instantly…and you must see her a lot.”

“she talks to guys and she has guy friends but…she wouldn’t date another guy. Just think about it. Everything that’s gone on with you two…fate brought you together many times.Don’t you remember, how it was before when you met?”

He smiled and played with a ring on his pinky finger.

“mm…yeah.”

“then…I met her. Interesting coincidence. Fate made that happen too. With that said, you definitely wont be broken up so easily. When you have time…make her fall in love with you again…that’s it..”

“thanks noona..” he said with a smile and thought back to how he and ______ met.

 

………………flashback………………….

 

Dalmatian was having a fan signing. Day Day nudged Inati.

“Hmm?”

“Hyung…look at our maknae…”

Inati’s turned his eyes towards Daniel.

“I wonder if he realizes that his straw is nowhere near his mouth.” Inati said.

“What’s he looking at?” Jisu whispered to Day Day who just nodded in the direction of the cute employee.

“Okay…she’s cute.” Youngwon said. They had finished with the last fan and were supposed to be getting ready to leave.

“Just go talk to her.”

“Wh-what? N-no! Hyung, I can’t.” he stuttered shyly.

“why not?”

He just blushed and shook his head.

“You will regret not talking to her!” Day Day said.

“I know…but…I don’t know if my brain can form words right now.”

“Well you know where she works.”

He sighed and they walked out.

It had been bothering him for weeks.

“what’s up with you maknae?” Inati asked.

“Huh? oh hyung, n-nothing.”

“you’re thinking about that girl.”

“it’s stupid…I don’t even know her name and I’m obsessing over her. all I remember is her face and how adorable she was…we didn’t even say much to each other but I felt a connection. Her eyes were warm, deep, and kind.”

“Of course you remember her face…you were staring at her the whole time…like you were hypnotized.” Jisu said.

“maybe he was.” Day Day added in.

“Ugh! I can’t her out of my head!~~” He whined. ‘I felt a spark when our fingertips brushed when she brought me a drink. Her smile was so…oh my god…my heart is going crazy.’

“Looks like you’re going to go insane…maybe go for a walk…some fresh air will do you good.”

“Maybe that’s a good idea..”

Daniel put on a hoodie and his shoes and went out the front door.

He had been walking for a while and hadnt gotten recognized yet…until…Oh CRAP!

‘Look!!~ IT’S Dalmatian’s Daniel!~~”

“Oh annyeonghaseyo!~”

He signed a few autographs and took pictures.

When he finally got away there were more psycho fans chasing him.

“OPPA!~ Will You marry me?!”

“Let Me Have Your BABIES!!!~~”

“That last one was an ahjumma…Creepy…Disturbing..” he muttered to himself.

He ran to find a place to hide but they were still chasing him. He ducked into a building and that’s when he heard singing. He looked around.

‘it’s so beautiful…who is it?’

He walked a bit more and stopped to catch his breath. The singing had stopped, a door opened. And someone came out.

“are you okay?” a female voice asked.

He looked up and saw…her.

“Yes…I’m…fine? It’s You. Ann-hey..” he said and mentally cursed himself. ‘What the hell?! Ann-Hey? So stupid! She’s going to think you’re I’m an idiot.’

“Cute.” She giggled.

“Wow…I meant to say Annyeonghaseyo! But then I started to say hey…and it just came out like that..” he said. ‘IDIOT! Stop talking, I’m making myself sound even dumber!’

She smiled.

“Yeah annyeonghaseyo…Chae Daniel-ssi.”

‘She remembers my name…oh duh of course she does…See? BABO!’

They heard the screaming and he whined.

“need some help?”

“Please?”

“I’ll get rid of them…just um…hide…in here.” She said and opened the door.

“A closet?” he asked.

“Yeah sorry…it’s all we got right now.” She said as she put a finger over her lips signaling him to stay quiet. She closed the door and the group of girls came running.

“Oh! Agassi!~ Have you seen an idol come by here?”

“Oh you mean Dalmatian?”

“You saw him?”

“Daniel was here?”

“See I told you I saw him run in here!”

“Yeah black hoodie? He ran down those stairs…if you hurry…I think you can catch him!~ FIGHTING!~”

“Kamsahamnida!~”

“OPPA!!!~~”

“WAIT FOR US! WE LOVE YOU!”

“We just want to make babies with you! That’s all!~”

They all ran in the direction she told the.

She stared in disbelief. She waited until they were all gone. She heard something fall in the closet.

“Ow.”

She opened the door.

“Are you o-“ she started to say but saw the mop on his head and she let ut a small giggle. “That’s a good disguise…Those girls a scary…You’re still a person and have the right to privacy, and personal space…and also not fearing for your life. They can’t just into your life 24/7.  It’s actually pretty bad if you’re hiding in a closet.”

“Good thing that was a brand new mop then huh?” he said making her smile.

“Yeah imagine all the things on a used mop.” She asked and he made a face. “Oh I haven’t told you my name…I’m Jung  ______.”

‘Yes! I got her name.’

“You might want to avoid going out there for a while. My apartment is right here…”

She took him into her apartment and they talked forever. He wasn’t nervous anymore, he felt so comfortable talking to her.

“it’s so amazing…I never thought I’d run into you again…”

“Me? You wanted to see me again?” she asked blushing slightly.

“Um…it’s been bothering me that I didn’t go and talk to you…that day at the fan signing.” He said. “But running into you again maybe we were supposed to.Maybe it’s a coincidence or maybe just fate telling me not to let this chance pass me by…not the second time. I don’t know…it was nice…hanging out with you and we’ve been talking for…oh damn~~ 4 hours? My hyungs will think the psycho fans kidnapped me and locked me in their basements. I should go. So we’ll see each other again won’t we?”

“I hope so.”

 "youre not giving me your phone number?"

"nope."

"is this your way of rejecting me?"

"its my way of saying...i want to see you again and if that thing you said about fate is true...it'll bring us together again and when it does...i'll give you my number. I was going to give it to you but you made a nice point."

'me and my mouth. I shouldve kept if shut. See first i regret saying nothing and now i say something and get nothing...i FAIL!~'

"hold onto this...its important to me...this ring...keep it and take good care if it until we meet again."

He looked at the ring and smiled

They said their goodbyes and he went back to the dorm with a smile on his face.

“When you said walk…we didn’t think you meant across Asia and back!” Day Day said.

“oh sorry hyungs..”

“where have you been?”

“Well it was fine at first and then…there were fans that wanted autographs and pictures. Completely harmless until the scary psycho fans came out so I had to hide and happened to bump into her.”

“Her? Who is her?”

“Jung ______. The mystery worker girl at the fan signing.”

“Waaa!~ The irony…we send him to get his mind off of her and he just comes back thinking and obsessing over her more.”

“So did you get her number?”

“No…but I got her ring.”

“wait…what?!” they said in confusion.

“her ring?”

He just walked away leaving them to their confusion.

Another week had gone by and he hadn’t seen her. He twirled the ring on his pinky and thought of her.

“Where are you?” he whispered softly. “I want to see you again..”

Meanwhile she was in a mall walking around and saw a Dalmatian Mini Album in a store. She smiled and put it back down.

She had been thinking about him a lot lately. He was cute and sweet.

‘I hope that fate thing is true…’ she thought as she entered a clothing store. She accidently bumped into someone knocking all the clothes out of her hands.

“Oh My God! I’m so sorry!”

“No I wasn’t exactly paying attention either.” The girl said.

______ bent down to held her pick up the clothes she dropped.

“Wow!~ this top is cute!~” ______ said. “and this cardigan!~”

“I know right? They have so many nice things here.”

“how funny…bumping into someone with the same taste in clothes…”

“seriously!~ haha I’m Sharon.”

“______.”

They became friends instantly and spent the day walking around.

“We just met like an hour ago and I already feel like we’ve been friends for years.”

They had exchanged number and planned to hang out again.

They had gone into another store.

“Oh little brother...how hilarious would it be to see you get jumped by psycho fans.”

“Not so hilarious at all?”

“Well my new friend and I are going to get coffee…you’re coming? Okay see ya.”

______ went down to the café first. Sharon said she’d meet her in a few minutes. She looked at a table and saw Daniel sitting there playing with a ring on his pinky. He took it off his finger and looked at it closely.

“Please!~” he said softly. He closed his eyes. “I wish ______ would show up..Right..NOW!~ No? Okay…let’s try again…I wish _____ was here…NOW!~ AISH!~” he whined and pouted putting his head down on the table. She watched him and giggled.

“That was cute!~” she giggled. He jumped up at the sound of her voice.

“What? Am I hearing things now? Did that…work?” he whispered staring at the ring. “A magic ring?”

She put a hand over to stiffle a laugh.

“No…I’ve been here.” she said. “just watching..”

He looked up at her.

“______...You…you’re…um..”

“the word you’re looking for…Ann-Hey?” she teased causing him to blush. “So..a deal is a deal right?”

“hmm?”

She sat down and slid her cell phone towards him. He stared at it and smiled before putting his number in and calling his phone to get her number.

They were talking and lost track of time before Sharon showed up interupting their flirting.

He sighed.

“Oh..” she said seeing them flirting.

would you go on a date with me?"

"what about anti-fans...they find out and it might turn out bad for you."

"i just wanna know you...youre interesting...different."

"interesting and different? So im weird?" she giggled.

"N-no! Not what i meant!! I just…I like you…How much I’ve been thinking about you even before I knew your name...You treat me like a person…not an idol…I debuted and now people see me as Dalmatian’s Daniel but you didn’t…you see me for me.”

“It’s November…you just debuted two months ago. We’d have to keep it a secret.”

“To protect you I would…” he said. “But I want to see you…I want to date you…I had time to think about it…This is our third time meeting…just randomly. I heard something about if a guys pinky is the same size as the girl’s ring finger it’s destiny…This ring fits perfectly…Do we need another sign?”

“Ahem!~ Am I interrupting something?” Sharon spoke up with a smile on her face.

“Oh! You’re here…noona.” He said.

“Why are you pestering my friend?”

“P-pestering?! F-friend? You two know each other?”

“we just met and connected instantly…exchanged numbers and hung out all day.”

“Another sign?” Daniel said and showed her his adorable eye smile. “You met my sister.”

______ just stared at him blushing. Her heart skipped a beat.

‘he’s so adorable.’ She thought. “These little coincidences…there’s no denying it right?”

“right..” he agreed.

“You have my number so text me, call me, anything…” she said.

“Ewww…flirting!~” Sharon said.

“you’re late.” He said. “You could’ve come on time..”

“there was a long line in that store.”

“sign!~” Daniel said pointing at ______. She giggled.

“Everything is a sign?”

“pretty much..” he said.

Sharon looked back and forth between them.

‘whoa…they are so…cute!~ She’s pretty and so sweet…I don’t need to worry about her being shallow and just using him because he’s an idol now’

After that they were texting and talking all the time.

He was always great boyfriend to her.

Their first was so sweet and cute.

They had gone on a picnic and laid down in the grass staring up at the clouds, pointing out the different shapes they saw.

“The sky is so big and pretty!”

“Waa!~ a bunny!~”

“Bunny? Where?” she said. He pointed up at a cloud.

“Right there! See? The tail and the ears.”

“Waaa!~ it’s cute!~ Oh there’s an elephant!~”

“hmm…oh over there…a Teddy bear! It reminds me of Yoseob hyung!”

She giggled.

“he is adorable.”

“yah! I’m more adorable!” he pouted.

“well I haven’t met him in person yet so I’ll take your word for it.” She said and he smiled.

He wanted to hold her hand but didn’t know if he should or how to go about doing it. She saw his hand moving closer and her fingertips lightly brushed his. He smiled and she put her palm to his.

“your hands are tiny.” He teased.

“No you just have giant hands.” She teased back making him laugh.

“Yah!~ haha well they fit…perfectly together.” He said interlocking his fingers with hers. She kissed his cheek and he blushed. “what was that for?”

“That was for…being an amazing date...best first date ever.” She said and smiled at him. He showed her the real him, Daniel Chae, the person, not the Dalmatian maknae. That’s when they truly began to fall in love.

 

……..end of flashback…………………………

 

______ was sitting at Daniel’s family’s house watching tv with his sisters when her phone rang.

“Hey stranger…”

 “I miss you…I’m sorry to leave you alone all the time..”

“I’m not alone…I have Shay Unnie!~”

“Yep she does!~”

“But I’m not there…hmph…you don’t even miss me at all!~”

“I do miss you so much. But I understand that being an idol..you have a lot of schedules..”

He sighed.

“Do you want to see other guys?”

“Wait..WHAT?!”

“what’s wrong?” Sharon asked. ______  just shook her head, got up and walked outside to continue the conversation

“Daniel Chae, where the hell did that come from?!” she snapped and he held the phone away from his ear.

“Maybe I’m holding you back…”

“and maybe you’re just being insecure because we’re apart…”

“Yes..”

“Tell me…why even ask me this? Do you want to see other people?”

‘should I lie? No I won’t lie to her.’ he thought. “No I don’t but I can’t exactly see you either…you deserve to be with a guy who actually can spend time with you. I’m just complicating things…let’s just take a break.”

“really? We’re doing this over the phone? What if I refuse?”

“don’t..” he said. “Just don’t refuse.”

“So I have no say?”

“no..”

“Fine then if that’s what you want…lets just break up..” she yelled.

Sharon heard from inside and came running.

“What?! what’s going on?! _____-ah?”

She hung up the phone with tears in her eyes.

“Sorry unnie…I have to go…” she said.

“wait…____-ah..” She called to her but she took off running. “what the hell just happened? Where’s my phone…”

Sharon went inside to find her cell phone and called Daniel.

“What the hell did you just do?! Why is she crying?!”

“She’s crying?”

“You broke up?! Why?!”

“she’s too good for me. Maybe another guy can make her happy…I’d be selfish holding on to her when we can’t even see each other.”

“You think breaking up with her helps her?! breaking her heart is good for her.”

“it’ll help her move on..”

“Babo! BABO! You !~”

“I know…”

“I don’t even want to talk to you…right now…and you break up over the phone? You’re so…Aish! Annoying! Whatever I’m done.” She snapped and hung up.
 

He sighed and looked at the ring on his pinky.

 

……….flashback………………………

 

Daniel and Sharon were playing in the snow with ______, having a snowball fight. She made a big snowball, prepared to throw it. She let it fly but he just happened to turn at that exact moment and got and got hit in the face.

“Nice shot unnie!!~” his little sister  said.

“Hahahaha!” Sharon laughed and fell in the snow.

“oh Daniel…mianhae…” ______ said. He wiped the snow off his face and shot her a dangerous glare.

“______-ah?”

“uh…yes?”

“run!~”

He chased her around and tackled her into the snow, both laughing. He was on top of her and their faces were so close she could feel his breath on her lips. He brushed his lips to hers and kissed her softly. He felt ______ respond and kiss him back, caressing his cheek.

“I love you…” he whispered in her ear. It was the first time he had told her that he loves her. “I mean it…”

She smiled and kissed his nose.

“I love you.”

He leaned down and kissed her again. This time her lips parted slightly and they deepened the kiss with tongue.

“Ew!” Sharon said. “I come to check if you’re okay and you’re making out…I’d say you’re more than okay.”

They broke off the kiss and he stood up, helping her up too.

“here.” she said and taking off her ring and giving it to him again.

“you’re giving it back again?”

“you’ll be away for a while…it’s so we’re connected and I know you’ll think of me.”

 

…..end of flashback………………….

 

“maknae…what’s wrong?”

“we broke up..”

“What?! WHY?!?!?!” His hyungs all said.

“I thought she shouldn’t have to wait around for a boyfriend she hardly gets to see when she can find a guy to be with her whenever..”

They noticed he had changed in the next few performances.

When ______ came home one day she found him sitting by her door.

“Daniel?”

“______-ah..”

"i hate the fact that we hardly have time together. I swear i never stop thinking about you not even for a second...or half a second...”

“I’ve been watching variety shows…what’s wrong with you…that’s not you…it’s too quiet and lifeless…like your soul is gone from your body.”

“I’m sorry…I thought it would be better for you if we break up.”

“what about for you? Who’s going to force you to eat well and to rest when you have a 104 fever instead of working while that sick..”

"are you mad?"

"no."

"i cant even function properly without you…my hyungs  have been scolding me a lot for that. I’m determined to make you fall in love with me again. We'll take this time i have off to spend time together…I promise. I’ll make up for all those cancelled dates and times spent apart…and that stupid pointless breakup…”

She let him in and talked, making up.

"Oh yeah…these variety shows are cute baby.."

"whats so cute about it?”

"your fails are adorable..."

"only my fails?"

"shay unnie loved it."

"of course she did...she's evil…”

“Evil?”

“mm…noona is evil.”

She snuggled close and wrapped her arms around his torso.

“I always think about you…I never stop…not even for a second…since the first day I saw you…you were permanently . but I will make you fall in love with me again.”

She slipped her hand into his, interlocking their fingers.

“What’s the point of that?” she asked.

“what?!” he said softly, sounding kind of hurt.

“No! I meant…it’s not possible..”

“huh? you can’t love me.”

“this is all coming out bad…I mean I never stopped loving you so…why would you have to make me fall in love with you again…I’m already in love with you. You could only make me love you more. You being away doesn’t make me love you any less even that stupid fight over nothing..”

“Sorry about that…”

“Fate brought us together…many times. I’m sure fate doesn’t wouldn’t be so persistant unless we’re meant to be. Even with that break up…it would definitely bring us back together when we least expect it.”

“Isn’t that how we’ve been from the beginning?”

“ It’s interesting…the way love found us and we should accept it right. I know you’re busy but why deny the persistance of fate hmm? I won’t give you up so don’t even think about giving me up.”

“Never…”

 

 

---------------------------------------------

that was lame oh well XD haha