Chapter 1

Mission S.T.F.U. (Save The Future Universe)

 

Dark clouds loom over the cities of South Korea, sending loud thunders that echo throughout the skies as it pours down hard rain. The waves are harsh, smashing against the shoreline as the wind picks up and blows.

 

“I am soooo pissed!” Key screeched, stomping around in the damp sand by the ocean. “How can humans do this to my beautiful Earth? Do you know how long my generations have kept this world lovely?!” He paced back and forth, fuming as he mumbled a load of curse words, he stopped before a worn-out Styrofoam cup that’s been battered around and broken with dirt in it.

 

“UGH! Disgusting! Why is this on my ground?!” Key groaned, he wanted to pull out his hair. “Minho! I cannot take this anymore!”

 

The taller male sighed as he stood behind his master. “Yes, yes, I know you’re upset but if you keep this up, you’ll cause a tsunami.”

 

“Good,” he snapped. “I’ll wash away all the trash here and it’ll be clean once again.” Key, being Mother Nature, has the ability to control the weather and his temper is out of control since he isn’t pleased about how inconsiderate humans are, trashing the place he’s worked so hard to keep healthy.

 

“Instead of killing people by stirring a tsunami, how about making a human be your manservant and make him change the views of humans to make the world a better place?” Minho nonchalantly said as he picked up the cup on the ground, he wasn’t being serious at all, but he at least wanted to calm down his master.

 

“I got it!” Key exclaimed as he placed one fist in his palm. “I’ll make a human my slave and make him change the world so it’d be a better place to live in! I leave the nature in your hands until I come back, I expect you to take good care of it!” The taller one rolled his eyes and smiled, he’s used to his master taking his credit from time to time.

 

“All right, hope you succeed in your quest then.”

 

Mother Nature scoffed as he flew off, yelling back, “of course!”

 

 

 

 


When Mother Nature arrives in the city, he’s appalled at all the dirt on the building and old gum that has been hardened on the ground. There were empty cups on the ledges of buildings that no one bothers to throw away, trash bags flying with the wind across the streets, and Key shivers at the sight. But he’ll soon find someone to change all of this, somehow, someway and the thought of that eases him somewhat.

 

When Key sees a woman throwing away her cup of coffee, he smiles, feeling relieved that at least some people don’t liter his Earth. He continues walking the sidewalks of the city, examining the humans’ actions and behavior and marveling at the sight of the city. He didn’t know that people had the capabilities to make such buildings and technology.

 

Then, Key stops when he sees a man crumpling a yellow paper that a hamburger was just in, he tossed it near a trashcan but it missed and fell besides it. The short man with brown hair simply looked at it and shrugged as he walked away. This infuriated Key and he stormed after the man.

 

“YAH! Pick that up! You know you're hurting the environment like this?! OH MY GOSH, my heart! You just tore my heart out when I saw you do that, pick it up right now!” Key boomed while coming up from behind the man, grabbing his arm. The young man stared at with bewilderedly, his eyes as big as a puppy’s.

 

“Uh, sure?” He replied meekly, and when Key loosened his grip, the man suddenly dashed off. “You crazy lunatic!!” Mother Nature Key dropped his jaw and his eyes widened with shock. This fool dares to run away and calls me crazy?!  And his feet take off flying after the stranger.

 

Jonghyun was running out of breath, he could feel his throat getting dry since he hasn’t ran like this in forever. His short legs stumbled up into his apartment stairs, when he reached his door; he looked around and saw that no one had followed him. He let out a breath of relief as he tried to calm himself down, he entered his house and the door slammed shut behind him.

 

“Does he seriously live in this run-down apartment?!” Key asked rhetorically, he was feeling pity for the poor apartment, so worn-out and trashy. Key then cracked his neck. “Do not underestimate me! I got you now.” Mother Nature used his powers, letting the wind carry him up into his opened window, when he squeezed through the windowsill and tumbled in and fell onto something hard.

 

When Jonghyun heard a thud and some noises crackling coming from his room, his heart felt like jumping out of his chest from fear, he could feel goose-bumps arising on his skin and tiny beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He gulped a loud one and searched for something to use for a weapon—a frying pan. He quietly creeped into his room, not trying to make any sudden movements. He heard someone making gagging noises.

 

“Di-disgusting! How horrid!” Key clamped his hand over his mouth and nose as his eyes frantically looked around the small bedroom that was filled with trash, used napkins, plates, cups, eaten and stale food with dirty laundry piled everywhere. “How can any human live in this dump?!”

 

Jonghyun came bursting into his room, both hands on the handle of the pan. “Who are you and what do you want?!”

 

“Cl-clean this place up before you speak to me!” Key hissed, pointing towards everything that was dirty, his bottom was sitting on the edge of the window because he didn’t dare place his feet on the ground.

 

“Why? What are you, my mother?!” Jonghyun retorted as he kept the frying pan close to his chest. “Anyways, get out of here!”

 

“Actually, I am like your mother. I’m Mother Nature!” Key snapped back at him. “I demand you to clean this place up or else!”

 

“Or else what?” Jonghyun scoffed as he chuckled arrogantly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahhh, this place is much better now that you’ve tidied up!” Key whiffed in a breath of fresh air as he pounced around the room. Jonghyun was hiding in the corner of his room with his arms tightly wrapped around his arms as he rocked back and forth while chanting, “This is not happening… I’m only dreaming… this is not happening… I’m only dreaming.”

 

“Well, believe it, it’s not often that a human sees my powers. You should feel honored.” Key smiled as he crossed his arms and cocked his hip to the right.

 

Jonghyun looked up the man with sad eyes, his hands up in a prayer’s position. “Why are you here? I’m sorry for littering, that won’t ever happen again. So, please… Don’t hurt me.”

 

Key was looking pretty smug, he grinned from ear to ear as he chuckled. “I’m here because I’ve chosen you to be the savior of the World.”

 

“Eh?” The brown-haired boy gave him a dumbfounded expression, and then he pouted. “But I don’t want to be a savior.”

 

“Oh, I never gave you the choice to be a savior or not.” Key was wearing a twisted smile on his face. “What I say goes, understand? If you don’t do as I say, I’ll destroy this universe.”

 

Jonghyun gulped, this morning he was just a normal person, doing his daily routine without any danger in his life but now his little, safe, enjoyable world is being threatened by some unknown being all because he littered.