Voicemail

The Nerd's rightful revenge

Wooyoung grinned at Ji eun and led her to the front the moment she agree but the others seemed nonchalant that she would be singing. Although they did not hear Jieun sing before, they had no interest in how she sings.Boys though amazed by her youthful and bright look but they did not seem to fall for her yet. Onew clapped loudly.Ji eun was a bit nervours, trembling. The teacher smiled at her,"Look at something that comfort you."

Ji eun was scared.

"Then what are we going to sing then?" Wooyoung asked Jieun who just looked at him with eyes trembling.

Jieun shook her head. Wooyoung saw her being so afraid. "Let sing a song you always sing!"

Daehyun shot up. How did Woouyoung know her so well.

">

 

>

"That not even an official song." Jieun said, "And in the song, you won't be singing it at all."

Wooyoung blinked," Sunsaenim,can you let Ji eun sing while I sing another song?"

the teacher nodded.

"No thanks. Should be him singing." Jieun insisted but Wooyoung just said, "Okay.I brought my thumbdrive, which is the instrumental version."

She should not have given him the instrumental version at home when he asked for it! She regretted.

The song started playing.

 

 

 

Whispering secrets while looking at a watch
 
My heart’s desperate story
 
It’s okay to harm my form
 
The more you demand I like it
 
Say my name
 
Ji eun sang as she barely looked at the audience. Wooyoung patted her. daehyun cringed.He knew this song. It was the song that a composer made for Jieun when he discovered the special voice Jieun had. No one ever knew about this song. Then why did Wooyoung?
 
I’m scared that my heart would be revealed through the gaps between my fingers
 
It’s too much for my heart I’m sad
 
Wait a little longer and wait for me
 
You and I, it can’t be yet
 
I want to pester the watch more but
 
In the future in which you are present
 
Say my name
 
Jieun became bolder as she stared at the audience though her stance is not steady, the moment she saw daehyun frowning...She suddenly felt a burst of courage. made of rage, hatred and arrogance, her voice reached a higher level. She turned to look at Wooyoung who just grinned and clapped. she felt her truimph when she saw Daehyun made a sour expression. The opther students looked amazed by her special voice and even some leaned forward to hear her sing. The teacher grinned as she thought she found a new treasure other than Daehyun.
The times that I peeked at first
 
You and I were together
 
You played with me, I liked you
 
When I ask, you liked me as well
 
What is my name
 
Wooyoung started to come to her and both smiled at each other. They started to dance too. Wooyoung dance really well, he even helped her create a dance for her. A nice cute dance that they both were involved. It was not too girly for Wooyoung as he got natural aeygo. When they had fun smiling and dancing with each other, Daehyun found himself gripping his hand around Jiyeon's hand tihgter as ever. Jiyeon was smiling at the performance, not realising that Daehyun was slightly different. 
 
 
I’m scared that my heart would be revealed through the gaps between my fingers
 
It’s too much for my heart I’m sad
 
Wait a little longer and wait for me
 
You and I, it can’t be yet
 
I want to pester the watch more but
 
In the future in which you are present
 
Say my name
 
 
 
I’ll be an adult in a blink of an eye
 
You’ll probably recognize me, you’ll probably remember me
 
Right, that peculiar child
 
I liked your figure as it shone through the gaps of my fingers
 
 
 
As I twist it with my fingertips, I say “hey, watch hands, run”
 
Fly a little faster
 
I close my eyes and cast a spell
 
You and I, we still have a little left
 
I don’t know what day or what time
 
Just in case, in the future in which you are present
 
If I’m lost
 
To help me recognize you,
 
Say my name
 
"ENDED!"Onew shrieked happily. The audience are all clapping. Jieun sheepishly went back to her seat and this time, she made sure Daehyun was filled with sourness on her face. She smirked. She wasn't what he used to think. She clapped her hands enthusiastically as Wooyoung sang to his song, y Lady.
-
"Hyung." Zelo sneaked up to his hyung who was silent in their practising room today. He was often the one who rested the most in the practice room. Yet he started to dance like he would break the ground in split seconds that even Yongguk hyung was tired. he been dancing for past 2 hours non-stop. Without even resting at all, he danced finished all the songs to the recorder.Daehyun then slumped to the floor, tired and frustrated.
"Hyung. What wrong?" Zelo asked. Jongup kept his silence. 
Zelo then asked his closest hyung,"Jongup hyung."
"I ... don't know." Jongup felt his heart thumping harder as he lied. Yongguk then asked him in a feaking low deep voice that frightened jongup,"What wrong? Jongup."
Daehyun just rolled his eyes. Jongup was stuck. Youngjae then commented,"is it because she came back? "
Jongup nodded. Youngjae sighed heavily," I don't even get it! Why do you even broke up with her in the first place!"
"She doesn't belong here." Daehyun muttered.
"She with a guy. Wooyoung." Jongup remarked. Yongguk raised his eyebrows. She was not that attractive in appearance though she was charming inside. How did she find a guy? In 2 months?
"Not even fascinating." Himchan saw Yongguk's expression,"Daehyun can find one in 2 weeks. Why can't she?"
Himchan sounded unhappy. he was there when Daehyun broke up with her. He was really detestable after that break-up. he knew Daehyun had some kind of reason but when the scene went back playing... He could see only Jieun crying like hell. daehyun just walked away. He immediately called Onew. He really thought Daehyun was a nice boy but he .. was really insane when he could speak in such hurtful tone. So for now, he could only think about the past.

 

 


PAST

the classes ended like silent air that itched daehyun's heart. He remembered sitting with other girls. they would normally sneak up from their books and gawked at him for severeal moments. He would kindly smiled back ,knowing that they would just hide behind the books in utter embarrassment. That what he would want, no one treating as if he was different. BAP is sort of immune to it but he was not maybe he was the late one to join so he could not really stand this kind of treatment.

"Jieun?" daehyun asked during class intervals.

Jieun would stare up smiling ,"Yes?"

Daehyun then after some time ,asked her,"Are you an anti fan?'

Jieun was surprised. Of what? She did not understand. She blinked and blinked. Daehyun toook her silence as admit.

He sighed, he knew it. No wonder she was so quiet."Am I that...?"

jieun shot up and looked at him. daehyun felt her eyes piercing that he gone mute.He just nodded and sighed, leaving Jieun in utter confusion.

"Daehyun."Jieun asked him."What is anti -fan?"

Daehyun who was drinking his water, puked them out.

The whole class stared at him with girls in utter shcok. WHat is the prince doing? He immedaitely flashed a cute apologetic smile that had girls shouting. He stared at Jieun,"What do you mean?"

Jieun felt ashamed as if someone was mocking her for her ignorance. She just kept silent. Daehyun felt bad and said,"Anti-fan as in you don't like the person."

"Hater." Jieun commented in such a matter-of-fact tone that shocked Daehyun who meekily nodded. Jieun smiled and was happy she understood.

Daehyun then quietly asked,"You mean? You are not a hater?"

Jieun nodded,"i have no one to hate."

Daehyun smiled inwardly but immediately he was puzzled. Then why is she so super duper quiet?

"Ji eun. Why are you so quiet?"Daehyun asked, pretending to be nonchalant.

Jieun frowned."Why? I don't think so. I am quite noisy around Onew, my sister and ..."

"then why are you so quiet around me/" the words left daehyun's mouth that left Jieun and him in shock.

"Why? Because I don't know you." Jieun replied in such straight tone that he got a bit surprised. He nodded. that true . She didn't know me but she hasn't hear to BAP's songs? He glanced at her which she caught it. She asked,"Any more questions?"

Daehyun smiled and shook his head but then later he asked again,"You know what is BAP?"

She frowned. She heard from Onew before but all she remembered was thta it stands for best. absolute. perfect. 

"Best. Absolute. perfect."Jieun answered. daehyun frowned. She seemed to only know this. He added,"Who are the members?"

Jieun further racked her brains, she was filled with confusion,"Isn't it an acronym?"

"ya. But who are the members of BAP?" Daehyun questioned as he found jieun's thinking face funny and dorky. She frowned,"I don't know."

"let me give you a task. go home .search for Bap and listen to their song!" he laughed at her frowning face which stared back at him.

She did as told.

 


"What are the 6 boys doing?" she frowned as she listened to them singing No mercy. Is about how they treated music seriously and their dance was super great. She could see them dancing and singing coolly. The song is not bad though is a bit loud different from the styles of songs she listened to. Wait, isn't that the guy she thought was her new desk mate? WOw. He danced really well. the rapper with a cap looked familliar. Isn't he the first in school in upper level? Wow, His voice is deep. And this guy? Or a younger rapper? With greeen hair? WOW, he looked really cute and nice. he looked the tallest while dancing. Then her eyes went big as saucers when she heard a familliar voice singing. Jung daehyun? WOW. He looked totally awesome. He is my desk mate? Really? She looked especailly surprised and she spotted the head chairman of her school. Himchan. In All red.Is in their school! Wait, this is BAP? Then she spotted another guy who always came to talk to Daehyun during recess. youngjae? Is that his name? Nowonder daehyun was admired. his voice is seriously... cool! Anti-fan? She isn't! Then she searched the web for BAP... SHe browsed through the profiles and became a fangirl for... Zelo. Zelo is totally awesome! He rapped well, quiet and looked so cute...!

The next day she went tos chool, she settled nervously beside daehyun. Daehyun realsied her weirdness.

"Have you searched the web?" he asked.

"Yes. " Jieun looked up and stared at Daehyun's face. Is him.That guy who sang the most in the video!

Daehyun was startled as she had the intent eyes fixed on his face. he bacame restless under her gaze,"thenn... WHo do you like the most?"

Daehyun asked and was relieved when her eyes left his face and stared on the table with a red face. GOSH> She turned into a fan girl too. He was disappointed,

"Zelo." she said but looked up at daehyun,"He is so young but very talented! That why! is like a noona affection for him."

Daehyun listened and felt a bit disappointed when she said it was Zelo. He was though happy that it was a noona affection, not an affection that she wanted to date him right away.

"i would want to see him. if he is really that tall." jieun said. daehyun laughed. she is interested in Zelo's height? 

"Well, Onew and you are alreadys o tall. Isn't him like a giraffe like the running man one's kwangsoo?"

OOOh. She watched running man! Daehyun smiled at how she talked as if she was so serious about the heigth issue,"I wished I was tall."

daehyun laughed harder inside."but me and my sister is so short and petite!"

Daehyun nodded ,trying to control himself from laughing. Jongup from far looked at him in wonder. Jieun had a serious expression. In his heart, Jongup was silently smiling , daehyun was especially disturbed with fan girls but now Jieun was so... nice and nonchalant that daehyun hyung must have liked it.