Sooner or later

The Nerd's rightful revenge

Jung daehyun sat on his desk in his room. He sighed. Dinner with his parents was the boring and the saddest thing in life. To others, they might be the best loving couple on earth. The fact is they had not been sleeping in a room for months. They were too busy with their jobs.It was the day when he gotten his report card back.Thus, his parents came back. He aced the subjects. All the parents did was to smile really proudly and gave an acknowledging nod. Halfway through the dinner,what he expected came. A call from his father's company. His father left. Later on,his mother left. And he ate dessert all by himself.

"Ji...eun. Lee... Jieun."his mouth was mumbling the name. He had a hopeless look on his face and sighed again."Ji eun arh, I am vexed to the max!!!"

He smiled as he opened his drawer and saw the photo he took with Jieun. Both were smiling so innocently. However, his blissful moment did not last. His face turned dull again as he reached out for the piece of post it under the photo.

Jungdaehyun.

You got the better of me. Sooner or later, you will see me again. Again. Just you wait.

Is Ji eun's handwriting. Her rage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAST

"As I promised. The person who got the first place in class will get to sit with your beloved classmate." Ms Kim was smiling when she said it. SOme of the girls squealed in happiness. SMILING RADIANTLY. Lee Ji eun was in her world. She was reading her storybook. She sat on the chair silently.

"Ms NERD!" the only boy that bothered to pester her was Junki,Onew. They were best friends so she would not mind. Junki was an average student. However, Junki was more outgoing and had more friends. Lee Ji eun, all people rgognised her as the nerd and the one of the best scorers in school. Ocassionally,people would feel curious as to who is the girl who was always on the top of the school rankings but as time passed, no one ever thought about her anymore.

Ji eun smiled towards Onew.

"Ms Kim is annoucing something that made girls thrilled!" Onew said.

Ji eun frowned,"What is it?"

"The best female scorer gets to sit with that guy for the term." JI eun 's eys blinked.

"That guy?" She asked.

Onew sighed,"Yes. That guy. Jung Daehyun."

BLINK><. WHo is Jung daehyun?

Ji eun was confused. Onew sighed. 

"I knew it. The one with that cool looks. Busan's won bin." Onew pointed to some guy sitting at the back.

Ji eun looked closely. Who is Won Bin? EHHH... She was tempted to ask but Onew was already giving up this conversation with her since she seemed clueless about everything. She just nodded.

"SAW HIM?" Onew asked. Ji eun faked a smile and nodded.

"Handsome?" Onew asked again. She nodded. "great! Wish you can sit with him!"

Jieun nodded; she still dun get who is Jung Daehyun;/.

"So... NOW! The female scorer is...2nd in class... Lee Ji eun!" Jieun smiled.YES! I got 2nd. Wait. WHy are the girls looking at me?

"SHift your place beside Jung Daehyun! Congrats!" Onew excitedly said. Ji eun was dazed. She carried her chair and her table then she turned to the back.WOn Bin? Handsome? Some handsome guy, I bet. She spotted two good-looking guys. Which one?

 

EHHH? Which one? Her mind whirled.

Daehyun smiled as he spotted his new sit mate, seemed like she is a docile one not thta kind that would pester him during lessons. However, she looked confused. Does she know who am I? She knows ,right? Then she looked at Jongup. Jongup just smiled back. She got that i-think-is-him face. GOD! She doesn't know who am I!!!

Daehyun suddenly stood up and said,"Hello."

Ji eun turned and looked at him. Well,? Is him. Wait, so that one smiling to her is not Daehyun. She started to make her way to him.

"Do you need help?" Daehyun realised he was being epic. 

Ji eun kindly smiled,"Yes..." He helped her then.

After they reached the seats, he said,"Hello. I am Jung Daehyun. You are ...Lee ji eun ,right?"

Ji eun nodded. Wow. He did look good. The Daehyun frowned when he saw her taking a book out. An Autograph again? But he was wrong. Ji eun took out her math booklet and asked him,"is it math now?"

He nodded in surprise. Ji eun smiled then she noticed him looking at her wit a stunned face. "Is not math?"

"It is... Never mind." Jung Daehyun found himself chuckling in his heart. He must had been looking to himself too proudly but his girl's ignorance was making him laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jung Daehyun sighed but smiled blissfully as he lied down on his bed. His eyes were b with tears that refused to fall. Lee Ji eun.The name ached his heart. His first love .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

"Ji eun?" Jinki pressed Jieun's house doorbells again.

He had not seen Ji eun for 2 months. 2 months of Ji eun not in school. They had known each other for so long. Ji eun even knew who he had his first kiss with. Just yesterday, he met Jung Daehyun at the corridors and knocked into him. Daehyun had the look that he did not care. Onew was outraged. So what if he was the popular guy? The memory of Ji eun who ran home,crying was etched in Onew's mind. Onew glared at him. But Jung Daehyun just walked past him.WHAT?!!

And soon after, he got a call from Ji Eun.

"Jin ki."

"Are you alright?" Onew asked, he spammed her phone every day and this was the first time she replied.

Her voice sounded passive. No emotions. "Ya. Tomorrow I will be going to school."

"REALLY? You freak me out! You didn't come to school for sooo long!" Onew felt himself grinning.

"Sorry."Ji eun's voice was soft and meek. Is she healed?

Onew asked,"Are you okay? And are you sure you really wan to return for school?"

"Yes." the small definite answer made Onew felt distanced from Ji eun. He got a feeling that the person who called him isn't Ji Eun at all.

"then tomorrow, I meet you before going to school."

"Okay. See you!" Onew smiled at Ji eun's last sentence. She sounded more lively.

The doorbells rang again.

Ji eun was still in her room. Rather than like before, picking her stuff up and rushed down the staircase, she slowly combed her hair and smiled in front of the mirrors.

She glanced at herself,straightening her attire.

Then she made her way down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"YAH! Lee Ji Eun. I should not have brought you to school." Onew cursed on the bus.

Ji eun pouted and snarled,"WHy?"

"The guys are gawking at you.And they thought I am your boyfriend and they looked like they would skin me alive." Onew answere. He got a shock when he saw Ji eun. Ji eun gave him a hug and smiled. Was she Ji EUn? Was she even Ji Eun?

"HEY! You should be proud."

"Ya. I am an idiot ,thinking that you are hurt. When you dolled up yourself for school." Onew pouted. Then Ji eun did not say anything which made Onew panic. 

Ji eun shook her head emotionlessly. "Why would I be hurt for so long?"

Onew let out a sigh of relief when she talked. "Oh yah. look at your clothes. Young and happy. That is good at least not the little nerd anymore."

"Well. I am still a nerd." Ji eun said,"Is just that now is the nerd's rightful revenge."

Onew looked at Ji eun. She looked determined. He gulped. What is she trying to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IS my seat remained unchanged?" when they arrived at school, Ji eun asked.

Onew nodded,"Two more weeks to the next term." Ji eun grinned. She knew Onew was trying to comfort her. However, she knew she was not at all scared or unhappy.

She reminisced the days when she ran oh the running machine everyday and eating a huge breakfast to last herself for each day, before stucking herslef back into the room which caused her mother to be worried. She was on a diet to slim down. She bought lots of magazine and went to buy some new clothes and even still, she studied diligently at her desk. Now, she is back. Back to show something.

She smirked as she arrived at the classroom. She entered the classroom as many boys turned to look at her. She sat on the seat she used to sit on. The one she sit beside Jung Daehyun. Oh yes. He is not here yet. The girls were infuriated by her/ They stormed  to her,"WHO ARE YOU? TRANSFER STUDENT? HOW dare you sit beside.."

"Jung daehyun?" before the girls can finish , she smirked and said. The girls rolled their eyes,"YES! What your name. I am going to blacklist you in our fan club."

"Lee Ji eun."Onew said on her behalf. The girls looked astonished. lee Ji eun? Wasn't that a nerd?

Ji eun ducked into her bag and took out her book. She smiled. She loved reading.

"CAnnot be..." the girls said and th class bustled. Onew seemed delighted by the reactions. He glanced at Ji eun who calmly read her book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jung daehyun walked into the class. the class is noisy today... He walked to his seat and saw someone. A pair of slender legs and a cool bagpack not Ji eun's style of fashion. He felt infuriated at her who sat at her place. He tried being calm. The girls were like,"Oppa. She is... My goodness. He won't believe it." The book the girl is holding blocked her face.

Ji eun was laughing in her heart.She used her book to cover her face as she reads. Jung Daehyun sat beside her without a word. He tapped her shoulders.

She ignored and stopped reading . Then with the nicest beam she had, she took out her math booklet from her bag and asked Jung daehyun,"IS it MAth now?"

Daehyun was astonished and looked at her in shock. His heart ached as he could see only hatred in Ji eun. Rage.