Ch. 4- The Engagement

왕 전하-The King

Can you guys guess who happens to be Yoo Biseo(Secretary Yoo)? I'll give you all a hint. **He has appeared in Psy's music video.**

 

“Oppa!” Tiffany ran to her brother’s and Jun K’s side. “Oppa…” she cried.

Jun K opened his eyes and saw Tiffany standing next to him along with her brother.

“Pabo! Why… why did you take the shot?” she hit Jun K. “I didn’t tell you to do that!”

“I’m a Royal Guard. It’s what I do. I protect the Royal Family.” Jun K brought his hand up to her face, her then dropped his hands and his head fell off her lap.

“Oppa!!” she yelled.

“Your highness!” Nichkhun yelled when he saw Junsu tackle Taecyeon down from being shot. “Jun K hyung!”

“Your highnesses… are you alright?” Khun asked the fallen down Taecyeon.

He nodded and looked over at Jun K, covered in blood.

“Call 911! Hurry! Jun K!” he slightly pushed Tiffany out of the way and picked his friend up into his lap and cried, “Jun K! What are you all doing?! Hurry and take him to the hospital!”

They carried Jun K to the car and went to the hospital.

“Your highness… he’ll be alright, he’s just lost too much blood.” The doctor informed him.

“Thank you, Doctor Hughes. Transfer him over to Seoul Hospital. I have things to take care of back at South Korea. I have my plane ready.” Taecyeon told the doctor.

“Yes, your highness.” He bowed and left the group.

“Fany ah, Jun K hyung will be alright.” Taecyeon put his arm around his sister and hugged her.

“Oppa…” she cried in his arm.

“It’ll be okay…”

“Your highness, it’s the Mother Queen.” Nichkhun brought his phone over to Taecyeon.

“Yeh, umma?”

“Is Fany alright?” she asked Taecyeon, after hearing the news through Yuri that they had saved Tiffany.

“She’s alright, just scared. I’ll get her checked up.” He informed her.

“Arasso. Be safe and take care of your dongsaeng, Taecyeon ah.” His mother hung up and he spoke to her, “Tiffany, let’s get you checked up. Nichkhun will tell us if anything happens.” He looked at Nichkhun and then Hyung Sik and Chansung followed Taecyeon and Tiffany.

That night, they boarded their plane again and left for Seoul with Junsu. Taecyeon went to go check up on Jun K and on his way; he saw that Tiffany wasn’t in her seat.

“Your highness, she’s with Jun K hyung.” Junho told him. He nodded and went back to his seat, leaving them time for each other. He knew for a fact that Tiffany fell in love with Jun K. He was the first one to know. The problem was… just how was he going to break it to their mother. She was planned to get married off to Korea’s prime minister’s son. Tiffany hated that fact that she was to get married when she didn’t even love him one bit. Taecyeon put the thoughts aside and fell asleep.

“Eomoni!!” Tiffany yelled when they got back to the palace.

“My daughter…” their mother embraced her tightly and cried. She thought she had lost her one and only daughter.

“Secretary Yoo, what do I have?” Taecyeon asked once he got to his office.

“The candidates of your sister’s husband.” He said, handing over the folders of the candidates.

“Thank you. You can leave now.” He took them and took off his jacket, sitting down on his chair and looking through the candidates. He opened a folder and it was the prime minister’s son. He had never seen the prime minister’s son, so it was a first, but… why did he look so familiar? He thought. He looked at the name. Kim Junsu.

A million thoughts ran through his mind, Jun K was the prime minister’s son? How could that be? He said that his father died when he was younger.

“Khun ah, is Jun K okay now?” Taecyeon called him.

“Yes, the princess is with him.”

“Okay. Thank you.” He got up and walked over to the room that Jun K was in and knocked on the door.

“Yeh?” his sister spoke. He opened the door. “Oh… oppa…”

“Fany, can you leave us for a moment?” Taecyeon looked at his sister and she looked at Jun K, he nodded and she got up and closed the door.

“Junsu...” He sat down on the seat that his sister sat in.

Jun K looked at the King in shock. “Yes, your highness?” No one knew his actual name.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were the prime minister’s son?” he asked, handing the folder over to Jun K. He looked through it and saw his name and picture as a candidate.

“Your… your highness… I can explain.”

“Tell me.” He said patiently.

“When he went into the politics, he was always a target to be killed, because he managed to put people behind the bars so abeoji changed my name for my protection and he registered me under his brother, my uncle’s name as his son.”

“Ah…”

“My father must have put my name onto the candidates…” Jun K. said flustered, he didn’t know that his father did that.

“Okay, well that settles it then. Thank you, but you should have told me earlier.” He smiled and left the room.

“Secretary Yoo, arrange a press conference for Tiffany’s engagement.”

“Oppa… I don’t want to though.” She saw her brother come out of the room and then go to his secretary.

“It’s for the best, Fany.” She’ll come to love it, he thought and smiled.

Two days later, the engagement press conference was ready and running. Taecyeon was in his room, getting ready before he had to go and present his sister and her fiancée.

“Your highness, five minutes.” His secretary said.

“Thank you, ahjussi.” He got up and walked to the back doors of the conference room. When it was time, he walked on stage, everyone stood up and bowed and then sat back down in their seats.

“Annyeonghaseyeo. As you all know, this press conference is about the princess’ engagement. As I was given the candidates for her engagement, I would like to announce that I do not have one that I like, but I have one in mind for her and my mother has agreed on that person too. South Korea, you know him as well as I do. He happens to be a Royal Guard. I know, it’s shocking. I want to announce to South Korea that Princess Tiffany will be engaged to Royal Guard Kim Jun K.” he smiled.

---Flashback---

“Your highness… what is the meaning of all this though?” Jun K asked.

“She’s going to be engaged.” Taecyeon said.

“MWOH?!” he was shocked although he knew it was going to happen.

“To you…” he finished his sentence.

“Your highness… why me?”

“You both love each other and you’re a candidate.” He laughed.

“Oh…”

“Yeah, well if that’s all then, I should get going to prepare for it then.” He smiled.

“Your highness, I have a request though.”

“Say it, Jun K.”

“When you announce it, can you not tell them that I am my father’s son? I don’t want him to be in trouble again.” Taecyeon nodded.

“Don’t tell Fany yet though, not till after the press conference is over.” Taecyeon then left the room

---End---

“Your highness, what is the meaning of this though? What will that achieve in helping the Royal Family?” a reporter asked.

“A couple of days ago before it were announced that the princess would be coming back, she was kidnapped in America, where she did her studies. My guards and I flew to America and we found her after some hardships and that’s how I came to make my choice. Kim Jun K. was the one who had saved my life when she was kidnapped and I know he can protect her. After all, he’s a Royal Guard of the Royal Family and future brother-in-law.” He stated.

After the press conference ended, Tiffany came to Taecyeon’s room.

“Oppa… Komawo.” She smiled.

“No problem. He has something to tell you though, so you better get going.”

“Eoh? Arasso. Goodnight, oppa.” She walked out and went over to his room.