Ch. 5- Acceptance

왕 전하-The King

"Aigoo, Seohyun ah, what will I wear to the interview?!" Yoona exclaimed. It was finally the interview day and yet she had no idea what to wear, after buying outfit after outfit.

"Yoona, calm down and just wear that pink dress. It's very formal, so it'll be good. Top it off with gold jewelry or shoes." Seohyun gave her tips.

"Oh what would I ever do without you..." Yoona hugged her dear friend tightly.

"Pali! Get ready! Thank me later when you're accepted." she laughed, and rushed Yoona into the bathroom. "Yoong!! Hurry up! Oppa is dropping you off." Seohyun yelled at the door. She looked up when the door opened and was stunned at her friend. She linked arms with her and led her to the car, with Yonghwa waiting inside.

"Komawo oppa and Seohyunnie." Yoona got out of the car and thanked them,  she then walked to the doors entrance.

"Im Yoona! FIGHTING!" the both rolled the window down and smiled at her. She smiled, her heart beating faster as she came closer.

"Number 59, Im Yoona." The woman came out to call for the next interviewee, asking for her I.D. "Just go through the next doors." she informed her.

Yoona confidently walked towards the middle where there was a chair waiting for her. "Annyeonhaseyeo, number 59, Im Yoona immida." she introduced herself.

“Thank you, Yoona ssi, take a seat.” Yoona did as she was told and took a seat.

“Hello, I’m Kwon Yuri, the head maid and I will be interviewing you today. Well, his highness said that he gave you a ticket and on it was his signature, do you have that card with you?” Yuri asked, looking at her.

“Oh…” she rummaged through her purse, taking out her wallet and pulling out the card. “Yes, here it is.” She handed the card over to Yuri.

“Okay, thank you. Finish these sentences for me then.” She nodded.

“I will not…”

Yoona carried on her sentence, “I will not speak of palace matters outside of the palace and nor will I speak of it at all, unless instructed to do so.”

“I will…”

“I will follow orders given me to me.”

“If…”

“If something were to happen, I’d report to you.”

“If…”

“If something were to happen at the palace, I will warn the guards.”

“Thank you, Yoona ssi. You’ll start work tomorrow morning at 6.” Yoona looked at Yuri in shock. “She’ll hand you your clothes needed and please pack your things as you will be picked up and will be staying at the headquarters for the maids for training.” Yuri informed her.

“T… Thank you…” Yuri nodded and Yoona got up and received her clothes and then left the room.

“Seohyun ah!! I got the job!!” Yoona screamed into the phone.

“Chinjia?! Wah!! Yonghwa, she got the job!!” Seohyun exclaimed on the other side.

“Chukahe Yoona!!” he yelled through.

“Well, I have to go pack up now… I’m moving though Seohyun ah… to the headquarters…”

“Yoona ah… you’ll be so far…”

“Ara… I’ll come to visit when I’m off.”

“You better. Do you need help? I can help you.”

“Thank you, Seohyun ah.”

That evening after all the packing, the car finally came to pick her up. “Yoona ssi, if you’re ready, let’s go.” Yuri came to her door and two men came and took her belongings to the car.

“Bye, Seohyun ah and Yonghwa oppa. Take care!” she hugged them and then got in the car.

They drove past the palace and to another set of buildings towards the woods and they all stepped out of the car, escorting Yoona to the building.

“This is the headquarters where you’ll be staying at. If you’ll follow, I can give you a tour of the headquarters.” Yoona followed Yuri and the two walked through the building, exploring every nook and cranny.

“This will be your room.” Yuri opened the door to reveal the beautiful decorations of the room.

“Oh my…” she covered . Yuri looked at her and smiled, “If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask me. Treat yourself at home here, but not the palace.” Yuri laughed. “Well, wash up and dinner will be served soon.” Yuri walked out and went back to the palace.

“Yuri, how did it go?” Taecyeon asked her once she came into the palace.

“She loves the room.” Yuri snickered.

“Thank you, Yuri.” Taecyeon got up and went to his room to wash up before dinner.

The next morning, Yoona woke up at 5am to prepare for her big day.

“Ah!! Ottoeke?!” she was nervous. She and the other maids, Jessica, Sunny, and Hyoyeon walked to the palace to start cleaning for the day.

“Yoona ah, you’ll be replacing me as the maid for the King, Jessica will help you. I’ve had too much on my plate, so I’m just helping the Mother Queen. Sunny and Hyoyeon is helping the princess. In the kitchen, we have two great chefs: Taeyeon and Sooyoung who cook for the Royal Family.” Yuri told her.

“I… will help the king?” she asked

“Neh. You better hurry on up to his room, he should be waking up about now since he has all sorts of things to do today.” Yuri informed her and then they all broke into their groups and went to their respective places.

 Yoona and Jessica headed to the King’s quarters, “Go on first, I’ll meet you there, Yoona ssi.” Jessica told her.

“Bwoh? Jessica ssi, but… but…” Yoona tried to continue on, but stopped as soon as she saw Jessica running down the hall. Yoona walked nervously to the door and knocked. No response. She knocked again. Still no response. Being worried, she opened the door and screamed.