Tres.3

VIGNETTE

*****

 

 

Today's your flight going to Jeju. You're nervous but excited being able to receive your honors. While pulling your baggage strolling in the airport, your phone rang, "In Young-ah! Chukkahae!" It's your father on the phone. "Thank you abujji!" "I heard you're on your way to Jeju? I'm so proud of you. We here are so proud of you representing our town. Take care of yourself In Young, Our dream came true. Fighting!" Hearing your appa's voice soothe your doubts as of now. He took away the homesickness you are feeling, you then replied to him as you cried in gaeity. "Ne, appa, Fighting!"

 

FLIGHT 1206 JEJU ISLAND VIA KOREAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 1206 JEJU ISLAND VIA KOREAN AIRLINES

PLEASE PROCEED TO THE WAITING AREA FOR DEPARTURE

 

"Goodluck In Young. Go home when you arrive huh? A big feast awaits you here."

 

"Yes appa, Thank you, but we'll be departing in a few minutes, so I'll hung up now huh? I love you appa." "I love you too In Young" Your conversation ended, and you wiped your tears while sniffing softly, you proceeded to the waiting area for leaving Seoul.

 

 

*****

 

Arriving to the hotel you are staying, your attention shifted to your phone. Here you are again. Alone. You are still thinking of him and where he is right now.Thinking if Mr. Lu mentioned about his origin even once

 

 

"Mr. Lu, I'm not in doubt but, why him? I just wanna ask."

 

"Well, Ms. Lee, do not underestimate him. He is known at Jeju for his epic photographs...

 

Jeju. Wow. He's from the place you are now. But what particular location specifically. okay. You don't know.

 

You searched his number on your phone, and looked at it for the last time. You deleted it wantonly. Then sighed after doing that. But its impossible you can meet again. It means you were not destined at all.

 

You took a shower, then slept to have a beauty rest in preparation for tomorrow. Soon as lay on your bed, you continue rolling back and forth, switching sides, irritated. Its because all of your thoughts contains Suho, and your memories together flashes back inside your head.

 

 

"Hello? Are you alright?"

 

"Hey, I was just helping you. I'm seeing you oftenly these days mock yourself with alcohol. And tonight, you smell like one again. I'm just concerned about you.Stop abusing yourself."

 

 

 

"Like I said, I'm just concerned about you, that's all...And I don't want to see you like that In Young, mocking yourself of that drink."

 

 

 

"You don't need anything else In Young, I'm here as your friend and buddy to be your outlet for all your hatred and pain."

 

 

 

 

Forget him already In Young, there are many people who can love you besides him. He may give you love more than what Kai gave you, dont cry...

 

 

I love taking pictures with my camera. My heart belongs to its lens, the way it captures different sides of people.

 

 

 

 You'll win In Young, I sense that. Treat me if you'll do okay, a gallon of ice cream is enough, or the Fall of Jericho*"

 

 

You covered yourself with your pillow as you reminisce all the things that happened. Once again, you burst yourself out into tears.

 

*****

 

Tentenenen!

 

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL LITERARY COMPETITION HERE AT JEJU ISLAND!

 

You clapped along the crowd as the MC mouthed these words on the mic.  You eyed your surroundings and observed the other tables as dishes were served to them, a reception type of event. Since its just the start, you stood up & excused yourself from your colleagues to the washroom.

 

At the washroom, you stared at yourself then fixing your hair neatly. Of course, being the first prize winner you dressed yourself elegant with a black long gown having a mermaid cut and plunging neckline that made you sleek and y, matched with a silver wedge shoes. You sighed in front of the mirror and had gone back to your seat.

 

Not far from the Washroom, you gazed suddenly far away from the other side of the event area, you saw somebody unexpectedly. Its him. With a girl. You two had stared at each other for long, but you just ignored it and go back to your seat with a grimace on your face.

 

You feel uneasy at your seat as the program goes on. You can't help but to look for him ocassionally.

 

 

*****

 

 

After several intermissions and miscellaneous awards, the runners up for the contest were called on stage,

 

CONGRATULATIONS! 3RD RUNNER UP!

 

AND OUR SECOND PLACER IS!

 

 

AND FINALLY,

 

 

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, THE WINNER OF THE FIRST PRIZE FOR THIS YEAR'S NATIONAL LITERARY COMPETITION,

 

LEE IN YOUNG FOR HER MASTERPIECE, "VIGNETTE"

 

REGARDED AS THE BEST STORY IN THE SHORT STORY CATEGORY ALONG WITH ITS PROMOTIONAL POSTERS AND PHOTOS, CONGRATULATIONS!

 

When everyone heard your name, the audience clapped for you. Then you stood up to get your award, made of glass,a bouquet of flowers and also your story poster and photos in frame, with the cash prize you won.

 

Receiving it, they let you have your speech.

 

You smiled as you face the sea of people. And had spoken, "I want to thank first, God who gave me this wonderful opportunity to be here, next I want to thank is this event's committee and staff, organizers who worked hard to choose us to be the winners. Thank you also to My editor, Mr. Luhan, and to my co-workers..." You paused for a while because you had tears of happiness in your eyes as you resume your speech, "...This award is dedicated to two persons, First is my dad, who supported me to achieve this dream and second, to the person who shared his love to me for days, and helped me to forget and move on from a heartache. If you're here, thank you for the nth time. I just want you to know I'd like to share to you this honor. Thanks to all of you too!" You made a sign of the cross and bowed in front of everybody with a very big smile as gratitude.

 

After all what you said, the people had a round of applause for you. Then, the moment you, come down the stage, someone dragged you outside the event area.

 

"Yah!Let me go!!" You thought its a stranger but he's not, he's Suho.

 

"I...."

 

"Suho-shi?" Your eyes widened, you were surprised but grinned on him because of his rude leave. Looking at him, your eyes became teary.

 

"I just want to say sorry for not answering your calls and responding, also sorry for not saying, I'm leaving."

 

"pshh... Uhmm Suho-shii, you lied to me. You didn't shared to me about your girl. The one with you today"

 

Suho smiled angelicly and chuckled lightly. "Jagiya? My ? Haaha... Silly you Ms. Lee My jagiya's my sister! You are fooled!"

 

"Oh?! Is that so?" You also laughed at your own funny correction. And wiped your tears, for The two of you laughed hard. But you in,

 

"Why didn't you said to me earlier about that!?"

 

"I didn't said it to you not to make you worry about me. Sorry,I also didn't told you about my main purpose going to Seoul. Its for my family, so that I can make my sister visit our dad here at Jeju and for my invitation from Mr. Lu for this contest."

 

"I'm Sorry too Suho, all I thought was all a great big mistake... I thought you lied to me and.. And.." Uttering these words, he hushed you to stop talking.

 

"Thank you In Young, for this award, but fulfill your promise, to give me tons of ice cream!"

 

"Andwae! Merong! XP "

 

"Wait I have to say something to you,..."

 

"Me too Mr. Kim, I have to say something..."

 

He held your hand and stared at you eye to eye, and at the same time you two said,

 

"I Love You"

 

Hearing those, the two of you giggled and crashed your lips together in a torrid kiss.

 

 

"I'm not gonna ever let you go In Young."

 

"Me too, because I really really love you so so much!"

 

At last, you confessed to Suho, the one you really love.

 

 

AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

 

OOPS! WOULD THEY?

 

 

 

 

 

"Look whose here my love, its my ugly ex. What a coincidence..." 

 

 


 

A/N: hehe... THAT'S IT ;D  If you are left hanging, hihi... this has no sequel.  :]  It's just really like that. -____^v 

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!! MWAH MWAH TSUP TSUP!!! :"""""""> :*******

 

HUGS AND KISSES!!!

 

XOXO,

LIZ