Uno.1

VIGNETTE

 

"I WANT ANOTHER COPY OF THIS! A NEW ONE!"
 
Berates of your boss filled the whole room that early morning. With things to be embarassed about in front of your busy co-writers, and the great disturbia you two are forming, eyes in mixtures of irritations & pity caused you to bow your head in shame.
 
Being in this nonsense talk about your crammed writing piece was a frequent incidence for you. But today's version was unique. You never did experience doing a brand new story all over again. 
 
*****
 
Stressful  as after every days do, you proceeded to a mini stop to buy your haggardness-remover beverages. Then, you go to your favorite spot at the garden of your apartment building.
 
Drunken dizzy, you brought out your pen & paper, unconciously writing anything you can think of, like a new plot maybe?
 
During an endless night she was alone, then someone came along. Someone so vague & blurry in her sense of sight. Losing her connection, in a blink of the light.
 
 
"Hello? Are you alright?" A manly voice said. But you just can't hear it clearly,  and you're about to faint, but you know he's still there. It's just that, you can't already bear what you just had taken, the hard way.
 
*****
 
"Where am I?" In a total hang-over last night, you assessed the place where you're at. 
 
All were blue. The couch, the ceiling, wallpapers and other interiors present. Its not your place. It was...
 
"You've woke up. How are you? Here, eat this hangover soup I prepared you, this would help."
 
"Who are you? & Why are you here?"
 
"You're kidding. This is my room you know. I just didn't know what should I do with you."
 
"I'm sorry but does anything happened to us, a one-night stand perhaps?"
 
"You make me laugh with your words huh. Nothing has happened. You're just in an alcoholic-holic state, driving me crazy while you fling to my pants and wrote on it with your pen."
 
"I did that?"
 
"Yup, and may I ask you miss stranger, after you finished eating, I require you to leave early immediately, okay?"
 
That was it. A conversation with this concerned citizen guy with an angelic smile. Embarassing. Through with the food, you swiftly go out that room, without saying anything. Until you're at the elevator when you realized you're at the same building as him, the only difference were the floors. And thanks. You forgot to say your appreciation. Gawd.
 
Not almost half of doing your new task, you thought a second of the guy. He was not of a tall height, but he seemed very kind & caring. You continued typing,
 
He's not of a stingy person, his eyes, his words, his face. She cannot easily forgot them. And that day of his willing deed, she had not given thanks. She wanted to, but will they ever see each other again and say the words unspoken?
 
Hastily writing, you suddenly feel your conscience. A simple thanks was easy, but not even a goodbye came out of your mouth. You don't know each other by the way. You met, he helped you & that's it. 
 
 
Writing was your passion. Its your dream. And this piece of yours, was an entry to the National Literary Competition in Jeju. Those recent scolds are just reminders of the fiasco you did. Your editor just wants you to win, really. Because out of many writers at that firm, you're chosen, cause he knew, you're not the best, but this is your chance to prove yourself.
 
"How are you Ms. Lee? Keep that up okay, I'll wait until you had your final draft. I want to see that raw." Your editor spoke, but he was being bothered of his tinkling phone. "Hello? Yes, Mr. Kim's there? Okay, I'll go." He hung up then, he hearken to you to end your chat.
 
Mr. Lu was just so busy supervising and all, but he's extraordinary. He gave you a spot to shine in the writing business just like the other kudos writers. You cogitated, smiled and get back to write,
 
"You like picturesques?" She asked him while seeing him photograph. "I love capturing pictures using my camera, along with great fervor. Its what I've been doing in eons.Through this cam, I got every moments I see from anyone & anything."
 
Another tiring day has ended & as usual, you're on way to buy drinks, cold, spirited sojus in cans specifically. Like what you do almost every day, you drank hungrily again. After few shots, you stared out of nowhere & tears rush to fall from your eyes, because all of the sudden, you were depressed thinking of the things that passed a long time ago.
 
 
"what? You're leaving?!"
 
"Yes, I'll do, NOW!"
 
"So you're going with that huh? Well, LEAVE you two! And don't show up to me, forever!"
 
 
You get your pen & paper out of your bag and wrote wantonly;
 
He left her going to Jeju, with his mistress. At that moment, she was filled with grief and hatred. Yesterday, they were just together, but now, they're on their separate ways. 
 
Scribbling the words, you crumpled it & teared it apart. Crazily, you scream & shout yourself up, 
 
"WHY!? WHY! I WANT HAPPY ENDINGS! I DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE LIKE THIS ANYMORE!WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!AISH!"
 
From afar, you didn't know someone was there creeping, he's there again. He saw you so sad & depressed, and so, he carried you again while you hesitate to let go. 
 
"It's okay," You looked at him with recognition. You zoomed your face towards him. "Uh, so you're here again stalking up on me, haha..." Your view was blurry, smoky, going round and round. You drank again a quick shot. The lad stole the bottle from you. "Can you please stop drinking!?" 
 
Grabbing your soju, you squirm like a child, and wail. "Hey, give me that , that's my comfort you know! Come on that's worth 5 won!" You try to get your soju from him but he just ran. You chased him. "Get this if you can!"
 
He halted running. Panting, he raised the bottle high above so you can't reach it, you jumped lowly while you reach for it. "Please! That what makes my day, its my pain killer!"
 
"I don't care!" When he got a good timing, he lifted her up to his shoulder and gone up the same room just days ago. "let go of me! Hey! Just give me the soju and I'll go!" You blunted while you punch your fists from his back convincing him to let you go. When you two were at the room, he lie you down on his matress.
 
"There you go. Stop drinking this!" He broke the soju bottle he had stole from you, the last bottle you still hadn't emptied, on the floor. "What the fck!" You screamed with disgust, then you sighed and walked out again from that room. 
 
From your back, he grabbed your hand, that made you balk, "Hey, I was just helping you. I'm seeing you oftenly these days mock yourself with alcohol. And tonight, you smell like one again. I'm just concerned about you.Stop abusing yourself." He said focusing on your eyes. You became out of drunkenness, that time, you can now absorb what he has been saying to you. 
 
He let go of you with a smile and a pat. You were left with your mouth agape, and your body frozen of what he just spoken. And since, You were touched by his kind words, you were muted, and forgot again to say 'Thanks'
 
You breathed deeply. As you make your way back your apartment. After months with your break-up with Kai, someone had concern on you like what he does when you were still together. That's what are the sojus for. The heavy drinks and the abuse. That's all for losing Kai. For the fact that you were replaced by a freaking , from a club. Thinking about that, a tear escaped from your eyes. 
 
*****
 
The next day, you were in work again. Your endless training continued for your expertise, and for your victory. You were bothered by Mr. Lu's secretary and was invited to go to his office. 
 
"Goodmorning Mr. Lu" You greeted with joy. "Oh, goodmorning also to you Ms. Lee. Come on take a seat. " You seated and by that time you were mystified of what is this for. "So I called you up today for  your story poster photo shoot. In which you'll be needing for the contest next week." 
 
He cleared his throat then he, signaled his secretary to open the door. "So, here he is, your official photographer, Kim Joonmyun. You can call him Suho. Suho, this is In Young Lee."
You were astonished of what you see right now. The person in front of you. "You..." is the only word you said.
 
"You knew each other?" Mr. Lu asked curiously.
 
"Yes we already met, but we just knew each other's name, right now." He gave his biggest grin on you and shaked hands with Mr. Lu.
 
"Wow, I didn't expect it's a shocking moment for you two huh," Mr. Lu chuckled. " But let's go back to business. You, Mr. Kim, should team up with Ms. Lee for her entry for the contest next week at Jeju. Alongside with her story plot, you need to have a good poster and photograph related to the story shes doing."
 
"Mr. Lu, I'm not in doubt but, why him? I just wanna ask."
 
"Well, Ms. Lee, do not underestimate him. He is known at Jeju for his epic photographs. You and him might be a perfect fit for your entry." He scanned some papers & gave it to the two of you to sign. Its a contract. You read and signed it. It doesn't matter whom you're gonna do this with, its for your benefit anyways. 
 
"No backouts with this okay? Now, work you two, start planning, from today. That's all Thank you,  & see you around." Mr. Lu Waved at you signaling for the dismissal of your short talk.
 
Suho and you left the office without even a glance. Suho suddenly, reached out for your attention, "Hey, when do you plan to do the shoot and share to me the concept or present it to me?"
 
You faced him but you were mesmerized because of the way he looks at you. He gave you an angelic smile that made you look at him like the world stopped. 
 
"Hey, Ms. Lee? Are you in space?"
 
"Huh, pardon?"
 
"I said, when will we start conceptualizing your poster and photograph."
 
"Anytime. If you want, let's begin later." You smiled and leave him puzzled while your face became very red like apples.
 
 
*****
 
 As a usual sot, you want to quench yourself from all the stress this day. And before taking just a drop from the bottle, you thought of Kim Joon Myun showing up here again to avoid you from drinking. 
 
You remembered, that you have a committment to him tonight about your story. So you decided to wait for him while sipping in some beer.
 
 
You sighted him approaching towards you with a foggy view. You waved at him like crazy (bec you already drank half of the bottle from little sips, meaning you're already half drunk too.)and he seated beside you,
 
"Drinking again? Let me get this away from you..." He snatched your beer & proceeded to your real agenda for this session.
 
"So tell me your story."
 
"What?! My story?! You want me to tell it all?"
 
"yup. Tell me. Please."
 
"Alright,haha... Give me the drink first." He handed you the drink & you began narrating.
 
You took a quick sip. And said, "This story is about a girl who first met someone accidentally  
 But didn't knew each other until they formally met through a project. The girl was a writer & the boy was a photographer. And because the guy was just an import from another place, he only had a week with the girl which he fell in love with, and so is the girl. But, he left her without goodbyes. And.... Thats the story ends."
 
"Pretty good plot, it's very realistic & coincidental, Ms. Lee, I bet the Seoul Park at Gangmyungdo would be the place for your story's cover. So we need...blah blah"
 
Your head came spinning after your story-telling not being able to hear other details from what he was saying for his proposal. 
 
"Hey are you alright,?" 
 
"Yeah, I just want to..." You covered your mouth and go to the trash bin to throw up, and then you go back to your seat in wavy motion. 
 
Your body finally gave up. You passed out. Again. In front of your partner. In front of Joon Myun Kim. For the nth time. Jeez. Embarassing.
 
 
*****
 
Getting back in your real self you woke up holding your forehead, Suho came to your side,
 
"Ms. Lee, drink this, it'll make you feel better..."
 
"Thanks Mr. Kim, thank you so much for all"
 
"Welcome. But don't call me Mr. Kim, it makes me old, call me Suho. How bout you what should I call you?"
 
"In Young.Hey, S--Suho shii, let me ask you why you're always concerned about me, I mean, I'm a stranger, no relations with you, unless if we really have, but as of now, there's none!"
 
He sat by your side and played with the blanket. Then he narrates to you why, "Three years ago, my mom died. It's because of her liver cancer. The doctors blame my mom's alcohol tolerance for her disease. And everytime I stop her, she just pushes me away and saying that, its just her comfort from being separated from my dad. I can't do anything for her, so through those days, I only watched her drink and drink, again and again, its like she really wanted to die because of her sadness."
 
"Uh so, you always catch me up there and convince me to stop, because you don't like seeing suffering people? Huh, Suho-shii you're really silly!"
 
"I'm not." He paused and took a glance at you. "Like I said, I'm just concerned about you, that's all. And you're right, I don't want seeing somebody depressed and leaning dependently on alcoholic beverages for joy. I don't want a person, come to a point of where my mom did go suffering. And I don't want to see you like that In Young, mocking yourself of that drink."
 
You became teary eyed at that moment. Kai flashed back into your memory, and realized, you should move on from him. You hugged Suho tightly amd cried in his shoulders. "You don't need anything else In Young, I'm here as your friend and buddy to be your outlet for all your hatred and pain."
 
 
You and Suho became very close starting from that night you conversed seriously and personally with him. 
 
 
*****
The following days was busy and tiring, you and Suho always come together at Breakfast, Lunch & DinneR for three days straight.Going out on restos and having consistent laughs and sometimes a unique chat with a little dosage of teasing and bullying. You two were really indeed tight instant friends for days. Knowing each other and bonding out by the project you two were tasked to do.
 
The contest was also coming, having only a few days left. And from then on, you just have frequent talks with Suho rather than spending nights with your ex-beloved Soju Cans. You seated at the bench with Suho at the last night of your Duo for this contest.
 
"So, you really want to win this so bad?"
 
"Yes. SO  SO BAD. This my only chance to be build up as a successful writer. It's me & my Papa's dream to write & share it with the world. Like me, he also is a Writer and he influenced me alot of this job, making me love it so much like he does. How bout you, how come you came into that field, Photography?"
 
He smiled slightly and said, "I love taking pictures with my camera. My heart belongs to its lens, the way it captures different sides of people." They became quiet for a while to sip and chew their sandwich. 
 
"Whom are your childish acts dedicated to?" Suho qued you. "what childish acts? Being alcoholic?"
 
"ne. "
 
"Its about a past relationship with somebody, until now it gives me pain to the bones. "
 
 
"Tell me, is that what you wail the second time.I encounter the drunken you? That you don't desire to be left alone then screaming that you want happy endings?"
 
"Woahh, I can't remember that, but really, I said that?"
 
"Yup. You said it with great emotions.and with a loud voice."
 
"Oh my." You giggled with that unknown acts of yours. "Yah! Why are you laughing at yourself?"
 
"I want to!" You jokingly laughed. " Okay, continue the story."
 
"Yes, Kai and I were together for 3 years. And just 3 months ago, he left me with a from a club, going to Jeju island. He said that,"  You are almost about to cry by that time, beginning to sniff, and some liquid drops slowly from your eyes, "...I can't give what  happiness that gives him, and the attention. He really changed a lot since he met that -freaking ...damn... girl." You gave in and cried, while Suho comforts you. 
 
"Forget him already In Young, there are many people who can love you besides him. He may give you love more than what Kai gave you, dont cry..." His angelic smile flashed again before he caressed you and kissed your forehead, and hugged you again.
 
"Suho, please don't leave my side, Please..." You said to him but in Suho's mind...
 
"I can't say  a promise to you. I can't. I'm sorry."
 
"Say it Suho-shii, please..." While they still hugged each other, Suho noticed that You fell asleep in his arms. He carried you in piggy back style going to your unit. Dropping you on the bed, he looked at your face once more, like this is the last,touching your cheeks, brushing your brunette hair and slowly getting his face close to yours, via your lips. He kissed you sweetly in a smack that woke you slightly.
 
After doing it, He whispered the words, 
" Goodbye,  goodnight & sweet dreams" Then he went away. 
 
"I don't really want to leave you. But I should go."
 
 

 

 
 
 
A/N: That's it for now. I already finished this but I wanna leave you guys hanging. hihi... :D
 
I just wanna share something, lately I've read "Anterograde Tomorrow" by changdictator(kind of late reader haha... I knew it when it was released July or August last year but I ignored it because I wanna read it srsly. XDD) at LJ and mygawd, it totally made me flood leak (haha.. OA)
BTW, I really give my biggest clap to her for that wonderful Kaisoo fic. Reading it along with some accompaniment I found on a FMV, that's "Losing Your Memory" by Ryan Starr, was totally bringing my atmosphere to the story's emotions. If you don't still read it, well, do it now, and try playing the song I just mentioned! It works!!! :D She's now my idol and inspiration. I'd have nothing to say to her than a multiple thumbs up, and a clap.