Soon To Be Cho

My Very Own Romeo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
AUTHOR'S POV

 

Juli has been here and there, mainly spending her time drawing doodles and writing down little stories on her checkout notepad. The once clean notepad was now covered in miscellaneous doodles and words. She hasn't seen much of Kyuhyun lately because of his work. He would come home late at nights, too tired or stressed out to talk. Juli felt she could only sit next to him and stay quiet, in hopes of making him feel somewhat better. To fill her loneliness, she would often go to Eternal Mochi, whether she had work or not. Of course, the guys had lives and things to do on their own so often, she would sit in the main room, taking orders and doodling. Many times Donghae would come and just sit with her. No words were shared, just companionship. 

 

Juli, being the faithful girlfriend she is to Kyuhyun, would often shy away from Donghae but would only find herself wrapped up in whatever he was talking about that day. Donghae didn't care if Juli replied, because he knew for a fact she was always listening and that gave him enough confidence that he could woo her. 

 

On this particular day, the winter was passing, leaving only chills and no more bitter cold days. Everything was starting to melt, and the holiday spirit was fading. Now came February and the only thing that was being hyped about was Valentines' Day. Juli hadn't even had a chance to talk to Kyuhyun about what they should do. She was in the midst of doodling when the little bell above the door rung. She directed her gaze from the notepad up to find Donghae, smiles and all, close to her face. "Hey" he said cooly.

 

She pulled away, swatting his face away only earning a chuckle from him. "Alone, again?" He smirked as he grabbed a chair and leaned his feet on the counter. There was no point in telling him to stop because trust everyone, they've tried. 

 

"Neh, Henry and Ryeowook went out of Seoul, to look for equipment and other things for the shop. The guys are out doing who knows what. But I can sure say that Heechul is probably somewhere out there, flirting with some girl." The two shared a quiet laugh and the silence they were used to enveloped them.

 

"So Valentines' Day is coming up soon. What are you doing?" This is the first time in a long time that Donghae actually tried to start a conversation. Usually it was just his endless rambles about his job, family, life basically. It took to Juli as a shock. She bit the inside of her lip. "I don't know."

 

He chuckled cooly. "That's all? I don't know?" He snickered and leaned on the counter bringing his face closer to Juli. He examined every feature of her, memorizing its structure, looks, color, texture. From her long eyelashes which never needed mascara to her petal pink lips. He moved the strand of hair that was covering her face behind her ear. 

 

She snapped back quickly, standing up straight and tall. "Did you want something oppa?" If he thinks I'm going to fall for his sly ways then think again.

 

"Your hair was in your face." He smirked. "Well maybe I wanted it there oppa. What if that's how I styled it huh? You just technically ruined it." He chuckled at the way her lips jutted out in a pout, and her puffing cheeks. "If that's what you want me to think."

 

Again the silence enveloped them. Juli took to all costs to avoid answering his question regarding Valentines' Day. She changed subjects like she changed underwear. Disgusting but true. The topic went from Valentines' Day to her needing to finish the laundry, or Donghae asking what flowers she liked to reminding him that brushing twice a day is important. Donghae eventually realized she wasn't going to answer him, but he knew that wasn't enough to make him give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter