8th Story

Shinhwarella

AUTHOR POV

A high class carriage made from steel, with nice gold relief, and pulled by six brown horses stop at big house on the top of hill. The carriage isn’t coming alone. Two horse troops consist of four brown horses in front and same number of horses in back of carriage follows too. The troops and carriage are leaded by one black brown with a fair-skinned, muscular, and handsome face man in front. The man jumps down from his horse and walks to the carriage. He opens the door and another handsome man, taller than him, covered by a brave royal clothe climb down the carriage. The dark-skinned man takes a deep inhale and fix his clothe.

“Where we now, Choongjae?” he asks the fair-skinned man beside him.

“This is, i’m afraid, the last house in our kingdom area, Your Highness,” the shorter man says politely.

“I see. Who lives here? Tell me their name.”

The man called Choongjae nods as the answer and calls his soldier to bring the paper. He opens the paper and starts to respond his Highness question.

“Here, is a house of a late Jung Jihoon, a successful nut businessman. He passed away years ago and leave a wife with three sons which are have same age with you, My Prince. Their names are Lee Minwoo, Lee Sunho, dan Jung Pilgyo.”

“Why the latter have a different family name?” The Prince frown his forehead.

“Honestly, Jung Pilgyo is Jung Jihoon’s biological son from his first wife. After his wife died, he married a widow named Lee Minjeong who already have two sons that i have mentioned before,” Choongjae read his paper in his hand. He looks at his Prince.

“There is no Shin Hyesung?” Choongjae already expected this question will come out again. This passed two weeks, after the party, his Prince always asks him about that man named Shin Hyesung. The Prince order him to search the owner of a shoe that the man left. A shoe which is too small for usual man had and of course he haven’t found a man who suitable with the shoe. He shakes his head.

Every day, after he searching around to find the shoe owner, his Prince always asks the same question, “Did you find him? Did you find Shin Hyesung?” and of course he responded with shook. Honestly, he hates to see his Prince sad and disappoint look after his shook. But nothing he can do. And one day, the Prince seemed give up and said to him, “Let’s just find a man who suitable with this shoe. And i will take him to this palace.” With that his Prince joined him to search around the kingdom area.

“There isn’t, Your Highness, there isn’t even a family with Shin as a last name in our kingdom area,” Choongjae says slowly and avoid seeing the Prince’s eyes.

The Prince sighs. He takes a look at his guard who also his best friend from child. He can see Choongjae’s tired faces. He feels guilty to include the younger man into his own ambition. But without him, he can do nothing. He just a spoiled prince who never and can’t walk alone without guards surround him. And he doesn’t want another guard but Choongjae beside him. Choongjae too, won’t let him to search alone, he knows that. How can find a man be this so much difficult? That man, Shin Hyesung, who he met at the party, is always presence at his night dream. He misses the man a lot, he wants to touch and kiss him again like two weeks ago. How can that man left so sudden and never appear again as his promise?

“Are you sure you didn’t spread the invitation to out our kingdom area, Choongjae?” he asks the shorter man beside him. The latter lift his head and shook it.

“No, i’m sure. I even close all our border’s gates at that night, Your Highness,” the prince knows his best guard doesn’t lying him.

“I thought the man is your acquaintance, Choongjae-yah, you were the one told me to meet him.”

“I beg your forgiveness, My Prince. I even don’t know his name, i just saw him in front of hall’s door and let him to enter the hall. Like i said before, i invited all young men in our kingdom area, and i didn’t want you to pass even one man since i saw you hadn’t find the right man,” Choongjae bows his head several times to show his regret. The Prince smiles and pats the guard back.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to feel guilty. I know you want the best for me. Now, let’s enter the house. Maybe one of them can use this small shoe.”

“Yes, Your Highness, your order is my job,” Choongjae steps forward to the house. He knocks the doors and shout, “OPEN THE DOOR. OUR CROWN PRINCE IS COMING.”

The door is opened and a middle-aged woman appears behind the door showing her obvious fake smile.

“Ouh, Your Majesty, we already wait for you. Please come here and forgive the messiness, our servant didn’t work well today.”

The prince smile handsomely, “It’s okay, Madam, just treat me like any other guests. I’m human too.”

The woman give a fake laugh with her hand covers , “Aigoo, how can i do that to our next King,” she then turns his head to her right and left side, “Wait a minute, Your Majesty, i will call my sons. MINWOO, SUNHO, THE PRINCE IS COMING!! COME HERE HURRY!!!”

All her great guests seem a little bit shock by her shout. The two not-too-tall men appear to the living room. The prince sees them and feels a bit familiar by them appearance.

“Oh, i think we met before?”

“Your Majesty, oh my God, you still remember me?!” Minwoo covers his mouth with his palm to show his fake shock. The cute man beside him too act surprise with gasps.

“Hahaha, sure, I think we get along at that night,” the Prince walks towards them and give them a little hug.

“I can’t be happy anymore beside this,” Sunho crying, “our next King recognizes me, Mom.”

His mom again shows her fake happiness by cup her own cheeks with her palms.

“Well, if one of you suitable with this shoe,” the prince showing a black leather shining shoe in front of them, “i will be happy to bring your whole family to my palace.”

There are three little screams come from Lee’s family. The Prince and his guards chuckle with their respond. The prince’s chuckle stops when he realizes something.

“I thought you have three sons, Madam, or at least Choongjae’s data said that?” he give his look at his best guard. The latter nods showing his agreement.

“Oh, that man, is just our servant,” Minwoo represents his family to respond at the Prince’s question.

“Servant? But i thought he is this house owner’s biological son?” Choongjae drop his confuses.

“Oh, ah, Pilgyo? He talks about another man,” Minjeong saves the critical condition. Minwoo nods nervously, “Pilgyo is still sleeping. He is really lazy. He never put his hand into his dad’s businessman. Really disappointing. I think i spoiled him too much, giving him what he wants, but he never feels grateful towards me. It’s so hard to be a good stepmother for him.”

Minjeong let a fake tears come from her eyes. She rolls her eyes to the Prince to get a look what expression the Prince has. The Prince raises his eyebrows and hugs the woman in front of him.

“I’m sure someday he will feel grateful to have such a good mother like you, Madam,” the woman nods and smiles behind her tears, “But, emm, i still want him here. Whatever he is, he still has the same chance with your sons to try the shoe.”

Minjeong steps back from the Prince, “Um, that, okay i will ask Sunho to call him.” She then positioning herself and whispering to his sons, “You know what you have to do, go.”

Sunho nods and runs upstairs. Minjeong looks at the Prince, he seems didn’t notice the whisper because he busy to see Choongjae who is cleaning the shoe. Minjeong and Minwoo look at each other. Minwoo paints a smirk in his face.

“Your Majesty, how about me to take a try of the shoe first?” The Prince gives him a lost looks. The Prince wants to wait the other man to come back first. Somehow he feels a good thing will come, but this short man in front of him gives him a serious look.

“Hmm, you will be the first. But after your brothers here, Minwoo-ssi,” he can see Minwoo gives him an awkward smile while rubbing his back head.

Then, Sunho come with a furious look, “HE DOESN’T WANT TO WAKE UP! Arrgghh, even he kicks me here,” he rubs his left waist, “its hurt.”

“Aigoo, that kid. What shall we do, Your Majesty?” Minjeong can’t let her relieve feels to be shown in front of the Prince, or it will ruin everything.

“It’s really hard to wake him up. I almost get slap and kicks every day i tried to wake him up,” Minwoo start speaking.

“Your Highness, can we just let this pass and take our time to try the shoe into them?” Choongjae words invite nods from the Lee’s family.

Choongjae is about to bring the shoe to Minwoo who already wait for it happily.

“Can’t i go to his room and wake him up?” those words from The Prince makes all the people in the living room shock. Even Choongjae who knows the Prince better than the King look at him in disbelief.

“Y-your Majesty, what did you say?” Sunho words are waking the Prince too. Even the prince-self don’t know why he said that. He somehow needs that Pilgyo to appear now or he going to miss something big.

He just opens his mouth to give them all his explanations when a sweet voice stops him.

“No need too. I’m here.”

 

A.N: It almost end. hahaha. Please give love to the next chapter too. ^^