Part 1

Good Feeling

            Chanhee woke up like every other normal day, but something was different today.  He could feel it.  He looked around, seeing if anything was amiss or anew in his surroundings, but his bed sheets were crumpled as always, the bed next to his empty as always, and the other half of the room completely empty, as always.  Chanhee scratched his head, reaching for his phone and checking his texts.  Nothing new or wrong — usual texts from his best friend, Changhyun, asking him for relationship advices.  He then climbed out of bed and stood in front of his mirror.  His brown hair stuck in every direction like it always did in the morning.  His eyes were filled with fatigue and dark circles hung underneath them, but that was usual. 

            Still, something wasn’t quite normal.  Chanhee had this weird feeling bubbling inside him, like something good was going to happen to him.  He let a small smile grace his chapped lips at the thought, and his cheeks started to ache from the small effort.  It had been so long since he’d last smiled, he figured, so his cheek muscles were supposedly surprised by the sudden movement.  his chapped lips, Chanhee glanced once more at himself in the mirror before walking off to the bathroom, taking off his pajamas to take a shower.

            The warm water felt good running down his stiff body.  He didn’t like the fact that his room was on the highest floor of the dormitory, and the fact that the dormitory didn’t have any elevators didn’t help either.  The buildings he had his classes in were also the furthest away from his dormitory, which just added to his annoyance.  When his classes ran late and ended somewhere around six pm, he had to run as fast as he could back to his dormitory before the doors closed for the night.  All the moving usually made Chanhee feel worn out, and not having a roommate made things a bit lonely as well.

            Once he was done taking a shower, Chanhee pulled on his uniform and then dried his hair, making sure to style it perfectly.  Sometimes, Chanhee would wear some concealer underneath his eyes so his dark circles wouldn’t be that easy to notice, but recently, even that was getting tiring.  He brushed his teeth, not even bothering to eat breakfast since that took too much time, packed up and then headed for class.

            Although classes didn’t start for another thirty minutes, Chanhee still went down, because he knew that his secret crush, named Bang Minsoo, was always down at the hour, chatting with his friends happily.  Although Chanhee didn’t exactly know Minsoo personally, having two classes with him was enough to make him fall in love.  Sure, that may sound stupid, but to Chanhee, it was rather a big deal, since he’d never actually fallen in love in the mere eighteen years of his life.  Not to mention that he’d always thought that he was straight.

            Anyways, pushing all of that to the side for now, Chanhee felt the feeling from earlier return to him, and he felt it bubbling up inside him with every step he took down the stairs.  Once he was on the first floor, he felt as though his chest might explode from the feeling inside it.  He ran his tongue over his chapped lips and then bit his lower lip, clutching his shirt where his chest was.  He felt as though he needed to do it, since he felt like everything would unravel if he didn’t, spilling every single bit of his feelings to the ground.

            He made himself breathe through his nostrils, trying to push down the feeling.  It made him feel weird, and it also made his heart beat fast.  It was almost like fear, excitement and nerves being mixed in together all at once.  Imagine that unsettling feeling you get before you ride a roller coaster.  That was basically how he felt; just ten times stronger. 

            Then, suddenly, a random thought — although not so random, since it had been buried in the back of his mind for a long time — popped into his mind.

            Maybe I can confess to Minsoo today.  I feel good.  I think I’ll confess today.

            And, just as the thought appeared, the said boy came into Chanhee’s line of sight.  The latter noticed that Minsoo was actually staring right at him, and when their eyes locked, Minsoo smiled.  That smile — that adorable, heartwarming smile — just had Chanhee melting inside, and the feeling in his chest just bloomed even more.  Chanhee felt as though he could just start crying.  The feeling was too much.

            “Good morning, Chanhee.”

            Chanhee blinked.  Did Minsoo just talk to him?  The shorter brunette opened his mouth to respond, but only his lips moved.  No sound came out, and Chanhee quickly snapped his jaw shut, looking down in embarrassment.  He heard Minsoo chuckle softly at him, and he looked up to see the taller boy now making his way towards him, that same, warm smile on his face.

            “G-good morning, Minsoo,” Chanhee managed to squeak out, and before Minsoo could get any closer, he hurried out the doors, pushing past the boy he had planned on confessing to just a few minutes ago.  Once he was out the door and a safe distance away from Minsoo, Chanhee hit himself a few times in the head, pouting.  “Aish, you pabo!  You coward!  You’ll never get to be with him unless you do something....”

            But then again, Chanhee thought, it wasn’t like Minsoo would really be his even if he confessed in the first place.

●~•♥•~●

            Minsoo stared at the reminder pop up on his phone.  It read, confess to Lee Chanhee.  Why had he written such a reminder?  When had he written such a reminder?  He scratched his head, letting out an aggravated sigh.  He knew that he was in love with the cute boy in two of his classes.  The cute boy who always came down early in the morning, all alone, looking tired and worn out yet insanely adorable.  He also had a hunch that Chanhee liked him back.  If all the stares he got from the smaller boy didn’t make things obvious, the fact that Chanhee blushed every time Minsoo came near him did.  

            Honestly, though, Minsoo had never thought that he would actually come to confess to Chanhee one day.  Now, all of you may be thinking, just ignore the reminder, then.  Don’t confess, then.  However, Minsoo can’t simply do that.  You see, Minsoo has this thing, where he has to complete every single task given to him.  So, if there’s a reminder pop up glowing on the lock screen of his phone, he has to do it.  Otherwise, it’d bother him forever.

            Minsoo sighed, glancing at his sleeping roommate, a cute boy named Changhyun.  He remembered the boy being fairly close with Chanhee, so he couldn’t possibly let him see the pop up.  With another sigh, Minsoo tucked his phone into his bag and walked to the bathroom, splashing his face with some warm water before brushing his teeth.  Once he felt he was clean, he dressed into his uniform and then made his way to the lobby of the dormitory.  Since his room was on the first floor, he didn’t need to go up or down any stairs.  As he seated himself in one of the chairs lined up along the wall in the lobby, he heard someone walking down the stairs.  Minsoo looked up to see none other than Lee Chanhee, and he felt his heart skip a beat.

            Chanhee was looking cute as always, with his brows furrowed and his cute teeth biting his lower lip harshly.  One of his hands was clutching his shirt, and he seemed like he was almost confused about something.  Then their eyes met, and Minsoo smiled brightly, making Chanhee’s expression to soften and a blush seep into his beautiful face.

            Without really thinking, Minsoo spoke, startling both himself and the other boy.

            “Good morning, Chanhee,” he said, and he laughed softly when Chanhee opened his mouth as if to reply, but failed.  He’s too cute, Minsoo thought, standing up and walking towards the shorter boy.

            However, before he could get that close, Chanhee squeaked, “G-good morning, Minsoo,” and then ran away, their shoulders brushing slightly in the process. 

            Minsoo could only stare after the fleeing Chanhee, and smiled when he saw the other boy hit himself lightly on the head a few times.  Chanhee really, truly was too cute. 

            “Morning, Minsoo,” a familiar voice cut in, and Minsoo turned around to see Byunghun standing there, a sly smirk hanging on his lips.  “Staring after the love of your life again?”  When Minsoo sputtered aimlessly, Byunghun laughed, patting the taller boy’s chest lightly.  “Make sure you take good care of Channie.  He’s really sensitive, you know.”

            It took Minsoo a moment to remember that Chanhee and Byunghun were step brothers, or twins, or whatever you called them.  They were the same age, but Chanhee was older by a month or so.  Chanhee had been adopted into Byunghun’s family, who had sent both of them to this school because Byunghun’s parents were always a bit too busy.  Although they weren’t blood related, Byunghun knew Chanhee like a book — mostly because Chanhee had been broken when they’d first met, and had spilled everything to Byunghun so he could become mended again.  At least, that’s what Byunghun said.

            “Anyways, shall we follow after my lovely brother to class?” Byunghun chirped, nudging Minsoo forward.  “I’m sure you saw the reminder pop up that I put in your phone today?”

            Minsoo’s head snapped down to Byunghun’s grinning face, and he groaned.  “So it was you!” he mumbled, rubbing his temple with his fingers.  “Well, I guess I have to do it,” he said flatly, glaring at his best friend.  Byunghun just laughed before he ran off.  Minsoo followed quickly after, but slowed back down to a walk when he saw Byunghun tackle Chanhee lightly.

            Then he saw Byunghun gesturing for him to join them, so Minsoo did, jogging up to the Lee brothers. 

            “Good morning again, Chanhee,” Minsoo said, smiling when Chanhee just stared at the ground, an adorable shade of pink tinting his otherwise pale and flawless cheeks.  “You’re really cute when you blush like that.”

            Oh God.

            He did not just say that.

            Minsoo himself felt horrified, but Chanhee’s face and neck had suddenly turned a bright shade of crimson, and the smaller boy slumped down even lower.  Minsoo felt his heart beating so hard that it felt like it could leap out of his chest any second.  He heard Byunghun snickering next to Chanhee, and the tallest within them shot the shortest a glare.  Minsoo could definitely slap himself a billion times and curse his stupidity. 

            He looked at Chanhee once more, and was surprised to find a small smile gracing the smaller boy’s chapped lips.  A smile suddenly slid onto his own lips as well, and suddenly, Minsoo felt good.

            Yup, he really was going to confess to Lee Chanhee today.  And he was going to succeed.  He just knew he would.

●~•♥•~●

A/N: So, this was actually supposed to be a one-shot, but I decided to make it a two-shot.  I just really want to post this story, but I don’t want to make you guys wait forever.  I hope you guys enjoyed this update!  Stay tuned for more~ hehehe ^_^