Chapter 7

Goldilocks and the Dragon

DARA’S POV

The elevator’s door was closing when someone rushed in and stopped the door with his arms.

“Oh, Donghae-ssi!” He was panting and breathing hard when he looked at me and smiled.

“Annyeong, Dara-ssi!” he waved and then we heard a loud shrieking coming from outside the elevator and Donghae immediately went inside and pushed the close button as if he could rush it by doing so “Ooooppppaaaaa! Donghae-oppa! Kyaaaaa!” I had a glance of tons of girls running towards the elevator before it closed totally.

“Sorry about that.” I punched the 21st floor while he pressed 20.

“Why are they chasing you? Did you do something?” I asked him and he turned to me stunned. Then he laughed.

“Why, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing. It’s just that I don’t know whether I am going to be offended or amused.”

“Huh?” I was really confused. What did I say?

“Do you really don’t know who I am?”

“Am I supposed to?”

“Not really.”

“Wait. Are you by any chance..”

He looked at me with expectation.

“The prime minister’s son?”

“What? No!”

“Are you the prime minister?” My eyes widened of the possibility. But he’s too young!

“Of course not!”

I let out a sigh of relief. I would be in big trouble if he is by the way I was casually talking to him.

He laughed virally and before I knew it, I was laughing with him not noticing that he’s already standing near me.

“You see, I’m a part of this group. I am a member of Super jun-“ He got cut off when the elevator dinged and the door opened welcoming a group of ultimately handsome and talkative boys standing in front of it.

One of them recognized Donghae and pointed him while the other boys looked at him then turned to her and back to Donghae.

“!” I heard Donghae curse and looked at me.

I was confused and was about to ask him why when one of them called him.

“Hyung! Donghae-hyung!”

I saw Donghae sigh before composing himself and turned to the boys.

“Kyunnie! Where are you guys going?”

One of them got on one by one. There were about 5 of them. Two of them are slightly small and cute looking while one is slightly chubby and the other one who called Donghae was a little taller than him and has a very white and smooth complexion.

“We’re going to the play room.” The smaller one answered.

“Aren’t you supposed to be resting Sungmin? Didn’t I have to run to the mart because you had a cold?”

“I’m fine now. Thanks!”

“YA!” Donghae turned to him.

They started talking nonstop and I needed to move because they were very ‘unsettled’.

Donghae then suddenly shoved the guys away and pulled me close to him cornering me as if to protect me from his friends.

My heart began thumping loudly for a reason I am not aware of.

“Ooooooooh!” the boys cooed in chorus and I felt blood flushing my cheeks so I turned my head down.

“Ya, ya, ya, ya!” Donghae stopped them but they didn’t stop from teasing us until the elevator dinged indicating that we’ve reached the 20th floor. When the door opened, none of them alighted so when I looked up and turn to them I saw their mischievous eyes taunting and going back and forth me and Dognhae.

Donghae turned to me. “Dara-ssi! I’ll be going. Don’t mind them. They are just stupid brats. So, bye!” he pushed them outside.

“But the play room’s on the 25th floor.” A guy who I heard was called Eunhyuk protested.

“No.” Donghae said sternly. “We’re getting off here. Right guys?” he was smiling and continued on pushing them out of the elevator.

“Bye, Dara-ssi!” Donghae waved at me.

“Bye!” I smiled still not able to look at him and his friends directly.

The door was about to close when his friends turned to me and waved all at once.

“Annyeong, Nuna!”

“Annyeong, Jesu-ssi!” (Jesu-ssi meaning sister-in-law)

“Bye bye, Dara-yang!”

I couldn’t do anything but awkwardly wave back until the elevators closed.

Donghae’s small action earlier is still lingering on my head making my heart beat faster.

I shook my head and stepped out of the elevator when it stopped and went to Chaerin’s unit.

CL-roo’s unit was big but not as much as Jiyong’s.

Everywhere I look screams of fashion. Branded shoes on a shoe rack covering a whole wall.

Bags are displayed on a cabinet made up of glasses. Like those cabinets you see in those shops located inside glamorous malls.

On the other side of the room, above the television were her trophies which she won from taekwondo and judo competitions. It may seem out of place since everything seemed too girly but she takes pride of it.

I can’t believe that I will be seeing my friends tomorrow! I am so excited. I saw pictures of them displayed on every part of the apartment and a little sadness pinched my chest. They were like the sisters I never had and I missed them so much.

I went inside Chaerin’s bedroom and saw more pictures. This time they were pictures of us when we were young. Very young. And we looked really cute. There are also pictures of us taken with my brothers, Yoochun-oppa and Sanghyun-oppa. Those were back in the times when they were all laid back and not too paranoid and protective.

Those times when our parents were still alive.

The idea makes my heart hurt even more until I cried myself to sleep.


JIYONG’S POV

 

The unit was all cleaned up when I came back and food was served on the table.

As I noticed, Dara was not inside. Maybe she’s out somewhere.

The food looked good and since it’s already cold I put it inside the microwave.

When my tummy growled I decided to dig in.

I was on my last bite when the door suddenly opened and the very reason why I was forced to jog for almost half a day came out of it.

I almost choked.

“Oh? Jiyong-ssi. You just came in?” she walked in and approached me as if nothing happened.

And I am still choking. I can’t breathe. !

“Ya. Gwaenchana?” she asked and I saw her put her sling bag down and started to approach me.

I stepped back. She took one step closer. Every step I take, I was losing air. And it went like that for a while before she stepped to the left and when I was about to run to the opposite side she suddenly run towards me.

I tried to escape but she hugged me from behind and before I knew it she was pumping my stomach with her arms around my waist until I felt something got pulled out of my airways and we looked at it as it fly in the air and fell on the floor. It was the samgyupsal and rice wrapped in the lettuce I was eating earlier.

I looked behind me and Dara looked back. Until we realized that she was still hugging me and immediately separated.

“Ya! What are you doing!?”

“What did I do? I was helping you!” she raised her hand as if saying that she wasn’t guilty.

Well, she really wasn’t but what I don’t like was the awareness I feel around her.

“Anyway, why are you running away from me?”

“I wasn’t.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I was NOT.”

She stepped forward, I stepped back.

“See?”

“What?”

“You are running away!”

“I am not!”

She stepped closer and this time I did not back out.

Her eyes went into slits and she walked around me as if I am something she’s inspecting.

And it felt awkward.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing.” She answered and stopped in front of me.

She looked at me from head to toe, vice-versa and it started to annoy me. All the awareness was replaced by irritation so I poked her head and pushed her away.

“Stop it.”

Her eyes lighted as if realizing something.

“Did I do something strange last night?”

SANDARA’s POV

“Ya!” Jiyong did not answer my question. “I did something, did I?”

“I-ah, I don’t…know?”

“Is that an answer or a question?”

“Why do you have to always doubt my questions? I mean answer.” He even cleared his throat. There’s something strange and I feel it.

“What did I do?”

“Nothing!”

“No, seriously.”

“Nothing.”

“Really?”

“Yeah!”

“Sure?”

“I already said yes!”

“100 % percent?”

He looked at me irritated.

“You want me to make that freaky doll multiply?”

“You’re going to give Tamtam a partner?” My eyes brightened with the idea.

“No. I am going to tear him into two. Head and body. So do you have another question?”

“No. Not really.” I turned around forgetting the question I was asking earlier. Nope. Not for Tamtam.

“Good.” I heard him said and he took over me pushing me hard making me stumble.

I wanted to punch him and kick him but the slamming of the door made it impossible for me.

I took one of the throw pillows and screamed my lungs out.


 

DONGHAE’s POV

 

When we stepped into the dorm, every pair of eyes was focused on me and I believe were all judging me.

“Wae?!” I asked growing irritated with their gazes.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy.” They teased in chorus.

“Hyung!” I heard Kyuhyun call who just shut the door close.

“Who is she?”

“Who’s who?” Sungmin asked.

“The girl hyung was dating inside the elevator.”

“Ya, we are not on a date. And Dara-ssi is just a new friend.”

“So her name’s Dara.”

“She’s your friend?” Teukie-hyung asked

“Yeah. I guess.”

“Can you introduce me to her?” Heechul even threw his arms over my shoulder.

“I believe she was pretty attracted with me. I see it in her eyes.”

I removed his arms over my shoulder and walked into the room after removing my shoes.

“I didn’t notice.”

“OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!” they yelled in chorus. AGAIN.

“Ya! Stop it!” I tried shutting them up but it only added fuel to the fire.

“Since you guys are friends, maybe you could introduce her to me?” Kangin said and was immediately seconded by Yesung.

“To us. You know. Maybe she would like one of us.”

“But I am most definitely sure it’s me.” Heechul reiterated.

“Nah. I think she likes chubby guys.” Shindong.

“I think she’s more like the younger-boys type.”

They started arguing who they think Dara likes and it starts to annoy the hell out of me.

“NO! NO ONE GETS TO BE INTRODUCED TO DARA! NO ONE!”

“They were just friends but he’s already drawing the lines. Aigoo.”

Then another batch of teasing started. The rest of the day would be too long.


(Meanwhile in Paris)

AUTHOR’S POV

 

“Hyung, I still can’t reach her phone. The number’s not working anymore.” Thunder looked at his hyung who’s pacing back and forth their hotel room.

“She hasn’t used her credit card so I can’t track her transactions. She told me she’s going to Paris that’s why I cancelled my meeting and flew here immediately!” Yoochun looked at his phone again and dialed his sister’s number but still it says that the number is no longer available.

“Well I was happy since I have a show here and I was waiting for her at the airport but no Dara ever appeared.” They have been trying to contact their only sister for two days now and she hasn’t even called. They already called for a search party to look for her in every city in Paris.

“!”

“Why? Did she answer, Sanghyun?”

“No. what if she was kidnapped?”

They were both stunned.

“But why hasn’t anyone called for ransom yet?”

“Maybe they don’t need money. Our little Dara is pretty, cute, innocent, vulnerable, weak. What if-“ he stopped for a moment and their eyes connected.

“No, no, no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” They screamed and Yoochun fainted.

 

 


 

Soooo, how was it? Ottae? I stopped writing for a very long time so I'm not sure if I still have it.

You guys can always ask or correct me if I get out of track. My ideas went away with the time so please forgive me for the mistakes.

 

P.S

If you guys notice I have a very low self-esteem when it comes to writing. Please bear with me. ;)